Sign in to follow this  
staccato

Buyer pays via Bobpay eft but I don't have it as a payment option

staccato

I received an email fron Bob stating that a buyer has paid via BobPay EFT but none of my listings has it as a payment option. How is this possible? The email mentions that the buyer paid via cash deposit. The payment should have been for R39.00 but R50.00 was deposited, the buyer only added R11.00 for cash deposit bank charges instead of R18.85. Please Caun, can you enlighten me?

qball

Many buyers have bidorbuy bobPay saved as beneficiaries from other orders from other sellers, they sometimes think that all sellers offer this method and simply use it as it is already saved on their banking profile. It is not easy to control this as we have no control over the buyer's banking or payment behaviour. It is unavoidable sometimes, one just needs to inform the buyer accordingly. The issue is we don't refund the buyer, but pass the credit onto the seller's account, to avoid unnecessary delays of funds going back and forth.

staccato
Many buyers have bidorbuy bobPay saved as beneficiaries from other orders from other sellers, they sometimes think that all sellers offer this method and simply use it as it is already saved on their banking profile. It is not easy to control this as we have no control over the buyer's banking or payment behaviour. It is unavoidable sometimes, one just needs to inform the buyer accordingly. The issue is we don't refund the buyer, but pass the credit onto the seller's account, to avoid unnecessary delays of funds going back and forth.

Will I be billed for the difference in bank charges? If I ask the buyer to pay in the difference of R7.85, it will cost him an extra R18.85, and a possible negative rating! How does the buyer get to use BobPay in the checkout process when it is not an option an how is a correct reference number given? Besides losing on the auction, I lose on shipping too!

qball

The only time we charge bank charges is when the buyer does not inlcude the cash deposit fee. If the buyer includes the fee, it is simply deducted from the total amount (excluding the item price). They don't see the bobPay option at all if it is not offered by the seller. Please refer back to my earlier post... thanks. We unfortunately cannot prevent this or stop it from happening.

staccato
The only time we charge bank charges is when the buyer does not inlcude the cash deposit fee. If the buyer includes the fee, it is simply deducted from the total amount (excluding the item price). They don't see the bobPay option at all if it is not offered by the seller. Please refer back to my earlier post... thanks. We unfortunately cannot prevent this or stop it from happening.

So, it appears choosing payment options actually doesn't mean a thing if BoB accepts a BoBPay on the seller's behalf without the seller's consent or knowledge even is it is not a seller's option? I think your website needs some revision/modification!

Seeds for Africa
So, it appears choosing payment options actually doesn't mean a thing if BoB accepts a BoBPay on the seller's behalf without the seller's consent or knowledge even is it is not a seller's option? I think your website needs some revision/modification!

I am a bit confused. I dont really see how bidorbuy are at fault. If a buyer pays bidorbuy direct even if you as a seller dont have it as a payment option, the first bidorbuy will know about it is when the money is in their bank account.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, I don't think BoB can stop anyone from paying directly into their account, the same as any other account.

staccato
I am a bit confused. I dont really see how bidorbuy are at fault. If a buyer pays bidorbuy direct even if you as a seller dont have it as a payment option, the first bidorbuy will know about it is when the money is in their bank account.

How can a buyer pay via BoBPay if it not an option on any of my listings? I do not want payment through BoBpay yet it seems it is offered to the buyer without my knowledge or consent by BoB!!

Digitrade
How can a buyer pay via BoBPay if it not an option on any of my listings?

He goes to the bank, uses the order number, and pays cash into Bidorbuy's account, whose account number he received when he did a BobPay sale with a previous seller. It is really that simple.

Bidorbuy did not offer this payment to the buyer.

They just do their own thing sometimes.

lilythepink

I've read this thread a couple of times and each time it has me stymied.

If a seller doesn't offer BoB eft as a payment method and a buyer somehow makes payment via this method, how on earth does the buyer get a reference number so that the seller can be credited with the payment? We all know that using an order number and/or a user name just doesn't cut it with BoB eft - a special reference is required.

Secondly, if a seller only wants direct payment into his/her banking account then surely this is the seller's right to choose if this is arranged with BoB before any sales take place? If there is some way a buyer can make a BoB eft payment without the seller authorising this then I think the buyer would need to accept responsibility for the error, make another clear payment into the seller's banking account and then get a refund from BoB? Wouldn't this be the correct way to handle the situation?

qball
He goes to the bank, uses the order number, and pays cash into Bidorbuy's account, whose account number he received when he did a BobPay sale with a previous seller. It is really that simple.

Bidorbuy did not offer this payment to the buyer.

They just do their own thing sometimes.

That is 100% correct, Digitrade.

qball
How can a buyer pay via BoBPay if it not an option on any of my listings? I do not want payment through BoBpay yet it seems it is offered to the buyer without my knowledge or consent by BoB!!

Please see my previous responses and Digitrade's post - that is exactly what happens.

qball
I agree, I don't think BoB can stop anyone from paying directly into their account, the same as any other account.

That is correct, regardless of whether you have the option selected or not , or whether you have given consent or permission - it happens and we try to inform the buyer not to do it again as bobPay was not offered.

qball
I've read this thread a couple of times and each time it has me stymied.

If a seller doesn't offer BoB eft as a payment method and a buyer somehow makes payment via this method, how on earth does the buyer get a reference number so that the seller can be credited with the payment? We all know that using an order number and/or a user name just doesn't cut it with BoB eft - a special reference is required.

Secondly, if a seller only wants direct payment into his/her banking account then surely this is the seller's right to choose if this is arranged with BoB before any sales take place? If there is some way a buyer can make a BoB eft payment without the seller authorising this then I think the buyer would need to accept responsibility for the error, make another clear payment into the seller's banking account and then get a refund from BoB? Wouldn't this be the correct way to handle the situation?

They do not use the bobPay reference as there isn't one, as it's not a bobPay transaction to begin with. They use the order number, their name, an item ID, or "bidorbuy" as reference, this causes problems for us as well, as we then need to try allocate and guess sometimes who the payment belongs to.

It is not about the seller's choice or right to not offer bobPay, buyers simply pay using bobPay. It is physically impossible to stop or prevent them from doing so. In order to facilitate a speedy resolution to the matter and to avoid any further delays or unpleasantness we advise the buyer, we credit the seller's account and inform them accordingly. To refund the money will take longer (we only process refunds once a week), cause unnecessary delays and potentially ruin the sale. As far as we are concerned the buyer has paid, either way the seller gets the money in the end. There should be no reason to penalise the buyer any further, by doing a refund, which can take up to a week or more, then expect them to make a second direct payment, it does not make business sense nor good customer service to expect this.

oaks and acorns

People will be people.

As far as we are concerned the buyer has paid, either way the seller gets the money in the end.

... and that's wot counts, in this instance.

lilythepink
They do not use the bobPay reference as there isn't one, as it's not a bobPay transaction to begin with. They use the order number, their name, an item ID, or "bidorbuy" as reference, this causes problems for us as well, as we then need to try allocate and guess sometimes who the payment belongs to.

It is not about the seller's choice or right to not offer bobPay, buyers simply pay using bobPay. It is physically impossible to stop or prevent them from doing so. In order to facilitate a speedy resolution to the matter and to avoid any further delays or unpleasantness we advise the buyer, we credit the seller's account and inform them accordingly. To refund the money will take longer (we only process refunds once a week), cause unnecessary delays and potentially ruin the sale. As far as we are concerned the buyer has paid, either way the seller gets the money in the end. There should be no reason to penalise the buyer any further, by doing a refund, which can take up to a week or more, then expect them to make a second direct payment, it does not make business sense nor good customer service to expect this.

Good explanation - thanks for it. But this still makes for problems when the buyer hasn't paid sufficient postage and/or bank charges? How does the seller then go about recovering shortfalls?

qball

Buyer will need to pay these, seller will need to inform them accordingly. If buyer pays via cash deposit they will need to include the cash deposit fee again on top of the shortfall amount.

oaks and acorns
If I ask the buyer to pay in the difference of R7.85, it will cost him an extra R18.85, and a possible negative rating!

Your listing clearly states that a fee of R18.85 must be added for cash deposits, staccato. If the client added extra for cash deposit bank charges then it's quite likely that he also knew that it was supposed to be R18.85. So if it costs him an extra R18.85 to deposit the shortfall then I'd say it serves him right for taking a chance!

It's my understanding that BoB would remove a negative rating in this instance. Yes?

cfw

Hi recently I sold an item, the that bought it paid via bobPay EFT but I am not registered for it, I have tried to register to receive a payout I did fax through all the relevant documentation but nothing happens, can I use the credit for purchases on BoB? Or do I need to keep on trying to get registered to receive the payout?

Regards cfw

admin

Hi cfw,

Welcome the forum.

Unfortunately the money in your account can only be used to pay fees owed to bidorbuy, the rest has to be paid out to you. When and to what number did you fax the documents to?

bobPay EFT is mandatory for all sellers by default.

cfw

I send it to (0)11 706 6523 Thursday at 12 and Friday morning again but as of yet nothing can u guys help please.

Regards cfw

admin
I send it to (0)11 706 6523 Thursday at 12 and Friday morning again but as of yet nothing can u guys help please.

Regards cfw

The documents needs to be sent to the security department, either by fax @ 086 509 5243 or by email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Please send them to either one of those again.

Thank you.

cfw

The documents needs to be sent to the security department, either by fax @ 086 509 5243 or by email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Please send them to either one of those again.

Thank you.

Thanks will send it there

Just Beachin

bobPay EFT is mandatory for all sellers by default.

Now I am completely confused! Last week I had the same scenario with a buyer, who made their payment to bobpay, which I don't subscribe to. I spoke to Bennet with the reference number (the buyer supplied me), and he said he would refund the buyer (who arbitrarly paid into another sellers account),

As far as I know, that is what happened, he refunded the buyer.

Please enlighten me with the bobpay EFT being mandatory, cause I just don't know whats going on?

admin
Please enlighten me with the bobpay EFT being mandatory, cause I just don't know whats going on?

Let me rephrase that statement. bobPay is mandatory for basic sellers, that is the only payment allowed to be accepted by a basic seller. Basic sellers may not ask the buyer to make payment into their personal account, it is against the terms and conditions agreed to. Advanced sellers have the option to accept bobPay as payment method, but once selected, it can not be unselected again. You are an advanced seller and never selected bobPay as payment before so it will not show in your payment terms on your listings.

Now I am completely confused! Last week I had the same scenario with a buyer, who made their payment to bobpay, which I don't subscribe to. I spoke to Bennet with the reference number (the buyer supplied me), and he said he would refund the buyer (who arbitrarly paid into another sellers account),

As far as I know, that is what happened, he refunded the buyer.

Refunding this buyer was done by means of crediting the money he paid into the wrong sellers account into his own bidorbuy account, then he has to request a payout. No, it is not the same scenario as with cfw, he is a basic seller and can only accept bobPay payments as explained above.

Men's Watches - TAG Heuer FORMIULA 1 WA1215 was sold for R1,530.00 on 1 May at 21:41 by cfw in Johannesburg (ID:98149426)