Sign in to follow this  
mystikboer

This may be a record!

mystikboer

On the 14th of February 2010, I purchased and paid for five aerial photographs of former SAAF bases. I also paid the seller for some additional items that he previously had up for auction, but had not relisted.

Here's a link to the auction containing the photographs I won.

The contact between myself and the seller was friendly right from the start, even to the point of exchanging details about our military service.

After making payment, the seller informed me that he would post the following day and supply me with a tracking number. This never happened.

A month later I contacted the seller and enquired about the items. Still no reply.

I sent another email off to him a week later, this time receiving a non-delivery report that his email address was no longer in use.

Two weeks later the seller replied, stating that he had been away in Sudan, and that he would post my items asap. Of course, this never happened round two.

On the 26th of May 2010 I requested the seller to refund my money (R1000.00). Once again, no reply forthcoming.

The seller also stopped trading on BoB.

I sent BoB an email regarding the matter at around the same time, but never received a response.

That was the last I heard from the seller, or so I thought.

On the 19th of October 2011, I almost fell off my chair when I received an email stating that the items he "posted" had somehow made a full trip between two continents, and that he was now making contact with me again to find out if my delivery address was still the same as he wanted to repost my items! 1 year and 6 months later!

And once again there was the promise of postage with a tracking number.

The seller had also started trading on BoB again, and had changed his BoB username from "gregmcewen" to "warshop".

Two years have now passed, and my hopes of receiving those items I so dearly wanted are still alive - just about.

At least I can take a positive out of this by claiming the BidorBuy record for the longest wait for an email between buyer and seller - 1 year and 6 months!

retailrush

WOW - I am speechless...

LokiMART

Incredible :shock:

wayjen

It would have been quicker via snail mail and using a real snail too.

JORYHA TRADING

Aside from the fact that the seller has failed in his responsibility to deliver I want to focus on the buyer in my response.

@mystikboer - your calm approach in dealing with this matter and your positive attitude bounces off every word in your thread. I am impressed. To me this indicates a person with great character. You have all the reason to be offended, or even angry(as some buyers truly are in their responses to sometimes minor issues that can be resolved amicably if given a chance)! But you're not

I salute you and hope you receive your long awaited package soon. You certainly deserve it.

Edited by JORYHA TRADING

oaks and acorns
You have all the reason to be offended, angry, vicious

Because of a sale that went wrong or a parcel that got lost, or may or may not have even been delivered? those are some scary words you're using there, RJL.

lilythepink

And it's too late to give the seller a negative rating. But as a buyer I would give him a timeframe within which to see that the goods are delivered, otherwise to refund you your R1 000.00, with interest!

ATOMICSQUIRREL

1 year and 6 months...:shock:

Those SAAF bases have probably been converted into taxi ranks by now

MagicMan0027

:bigsmile:

Jongleur

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

staccato