Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

Q & A Queries re two 1953 QE II MS 68 Silver Crowns I have for sale on BoB.

alloway65

A few Answers to Questions re the above referenced Two MS 68 coins, for sale on BoB, were posted under the relevant Q & A section.

However to post a final lengthy answer was somewhat difficult within 1000 characters, so the answer is also posted here hopefully for clarity.

I feel as a Coin buyer and coin seller on BoB that SACGS still do not have a voice on the BoB Forum!

I have contacted SACGS re the queries raised re the Grading of my two 1953 QE II MS 68 Silver Crowns....

SACGS comments as follows:

We are convinced without any doubt that the coins in question are MS and not Proof or Proof like.

At SACGS we designate PL to coins of shiny appearance, even if they are minted in MS only.

Such coins need to have a field representative of a 'Proof' or 'Special Select' coin.The fields on your two Crowns are definitely Normal circulation struck, although of an exceptionally high grade seldom seen in a circulation issue (Mint State).Should the MS 68 Serial No. 001 have been Proof like it could have been PL - Cameo.

In the event of Proof it would definitely have been PF - Ultra Cameo.Caution and care is taken at SACGS when assessing the Grade of a Coin, it is our name on the holder and we are Proud of it.

These coins have perfect cartwheels as per MS Coins, PF coins lack this characteristic most of the time.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

I have some nice coins from SACGS as well, but buyers don't want to touch it....

Is SACGS really that bad at grading?

I am forced to have my coins regraded by PCGS or NGC:cry:

alloway65
I have some nice coins from SACGS as well, but buyers don't want to touch it....

Is SACGS really that bad at grading?

I am forced to have my coins regraded by PCGS or NGC:cry:

I have never had a problem selling coins I have had Graded by SACGS, in fact I have sold at very good prices all SACGS Graded coins I have put up for sale. The best price being Twenty Three Thousand Rand for one R5 Mandela Birthday Coin!

As a rank amateur I tend to scrutinize under very high magnification all the coins I send for grading to give me a good idea what sort of grade to expect.

I have always found SACGS a great and reliable company to deal with and they very readily answer any queries or concerns I might have.

I like to support South African Companies where I feel they can do the job as well as international companies. Further I can not be bothered with the hassle and additional costs involved in sending coins overseas for Grading....as well as the additional and serious risk of coins being lost in the mail!