Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Rude and threatening chancer?

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I sold the most beautiful ring recently and as per normal procedure, checked it out thoroughly before dispatch to ensure all was well.

Gemstones - ** FREE SHIPPING ** Sterling silver ring - MYSTIC TOPAZ & TOPAZ was sold for R270.00 on 4 Feb at 18:31 by Cali Craft and Gems in Oudtshoorn (ID:56475583)

Buyer gives me a positive rating stating that she is happy with her "gorgeous ring".

She then sends me an email a short while later stating that the stone has "fallen out" and that she expected better quality. As I do not "work" on weekends and we are busy with meetings to join the local business chamber, jewellery council, etc I only had a chance to respond to her tonight when we came in at 8pm. (after her resending the emails a few more times as if to make a point!)

At no stage in the correspondence did she mention that she wanted to return the item or how she would like me to resolve this "issue" so I replied with suggestions that would result in the least inconvenience to her.

I advised her that her best solution would be to go to a jeweller close to her to have the claws adjusted so that the stone would be tighter and even went so far as to give her the contact details of a jeweller in her area who is one of my customers. I politely pointed out that we do not offer any guarantees or warranty's on our products as per our listings thus me giving her an easy solution so that she could keep the ring that she "loves".

Boy - what a mistake! I have been threatened, accused, etc and can apparently expect to be dragged through the mud so that everybody can see what a rubbish seller I am and how dishonest I am to deliberately sell off inferior items with a massive price tag! (Uhm, R270 including shipping a rip off on a genuine Mystic Topaz ring?)

She went so far as to send me an image of the "damage" - conveniently extremely blurred image that one cannot see "how" the gem came loose. I have tested another similar ring by tugging and knocking the gem as hard as I could without damaging the gem and it does not budge one micron! My only assumption is that she has inadvertently bumped the ring and the stone has popped loose as when I inspected it before sending, the gem was well and truly "set".

It also clearly states in my listings that I cannot be held responsible for the buyers' negligence if any damage occurs to the item that has been purchased. I have had the experience before where the buyer damaged the item and returned it to me demanding a refund - and stating quite boldly that she dropped it and it broke - it was apparently my fault for not telling her that a glass item could break if dropped!

It would be cheaper (and faster) for the buyer to go to the jeweller I recommended (or anyone I assume) versus her driving around, repacking the item properly and getting it back to me. Was my recommendation or advice all that awful? Or even how I handled the matter? At no stage was I negative or unhelpful, yet get a whole bucketload of **** thrown in my face!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Ouch! Cali, never a dull moment! Sip it off with a nice cup of tea! Just as long as she do not give you a negative rating, all will be fine!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Cali go and have a nice night cap leave it until the morning sort it out after a good nights rest.

Cali Craft and Gems

She sends me this pic:

jana.jpg.e4a97607cd6e160a7d731da375de05a6.jpg

I send her this reply:

Hello Xxxx

Apologies for my delay in replying to you. As our offices were closed over the weekend and I was involved with meetings within the Business Chamber so have not had the chance to contact you.

Regarding the ring, I am very surprised that the stone has come loose as the setting would usually be rather secure (claw). This was however a new supplier that I purchased this ring from and they only come to South Africa every four years so I have no way in contacting him regarding this malfunction.

As per our listings we do not issue any guarantee on any of our items (due to us not manufacturing the items ourselves - I cannot guarantee other individuals' workmanship). All I could therefore suggest is that you approach a jeweller and ask them if they could adjust the claws to incorporate the gem again. I do not know your region very well, but I do know a jeweller who is based in xxxxx - perhaps she could be of assistance or could provide advice. Her name is xxxxx and she is contactable on xxxxx .

Please let me know if you come right with the repair.

Kind regards,

To which she so politely replies with:

It is unacceptable! You are taking peoples money for an ingferior product! Have a read about the new consumer protection act and selling defective products! You have a responsibility as a seller! I am going to report the incident with BOB's community watch and give you a negative rating so other sellers can be aware!

Disgusting that you offer such a terrible service!

She said other things, but I'm not going to repeat it here!

I'm going to bed... then am going to hide in the caves until after the festival!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
She sends me this pic:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2652[/ATTACH]

I'm going to bed... then am going to hide in the caves until after the festival!

Man she takes awful photos!! :shock:

While you can't ignore this - because she clearly is not going away - rather get her to send the ring back to you and refund her. Get rid of her completely. What a pain in the buttttt! You don't need this!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree with MsPlod's sentiments. What a pity that buyer can't be blocked for eternity!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

She is a terrible Photographer. Very blurry......Hope she never ever bid on my items!

Cali refund her the money and tell her to keep the ring....... If you file an SNC you will at least get a little bit of your money back, and keep your good name!

Edited by MiemsJewels

qball    10
qball

Miems - Please do not resort to name calling and other personal comments about another user. Thanks.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Miems - Please do not resort to name calling and other personal comments about another user. Thanks.

Thank you for the editing Cuan :cool: Okay, I will refrain from name calling. You know I allways listens to you!

qball    10
qball
Thank you for the editing Cuan :cool: Okay, I will refrain from name calling. You know I allways listens to you!

Thank you :bigsmile:

Cali Craft and Gems

Yip - Negative rating received...

As mentioned in the emails, I recommended that the buyer go to the jeweller I specified as I could negotiate a repair with this jeweller. At no time did I expect the buyer to pay for the repair! She has refused this option and is now dragging my name through the mud instead.

@BoB - do I have a leg to stand on with regards to this rating or must I "live with it"? The wording in her rating is damaging to my reputation!

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

"It's The Claw....!":biggrin:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

So sorry to hear Calli. I know how you feel! Ask Cuan to help you with this matter. I am sure he can take a few nasty words out of it!

Edited by MiemsJewels

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

That's why i like coins, customer can't email me afterwards and say: "Paul Kruger just fell of the Shilling":cool:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

LOL Vortechz. Good one!!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
That's why i like coins, customer can't email me afterwards and say: "Paul Kruger just fell of the Shilling":cool:

Great comment. Every so often you come up with a real gem.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Cali, do you also sell certified stones also? I see most if not all bountyhunters gems are all certified.

Why are they selling for so cheap if they are worth so much...that always puzzles me.

Cali Craft and Gems

I rated her negative based purely on the content of the emails I received:

"Beware this buyer - quick to blaspheme, defame and accuse! Chancer who refuses to accept offers of assistance. Reported to BoB for abuse!"

And her reply is:

"Total lie! I was told there is no guarantee and that it is my problem to get it fixed. What goes around comes around lady say what you want."

Yes, in all of my listings there is no logo for guarantee or warranty, but I did not tell her that it is her problem to get it fixed (see email content in earlier posts in this thread). She is the one refusing to take it to the recommended jeweller for it to be repaired, and now I'm the liar?

As she says - what goes around comes around, but perhaps she should be the one watching where she treads? How can I be the bad one because I suggest that she takes it to a specific jeweller in her area (who is a customer of mine)? It would be a different story altogether if I ignored her or told her that it is her problem!

If I read "between the lines" - based on her correspondence I can assume that she is one of those buyers who want the ring and the refund! Someone who simply can not be satisfied under any circumstances! (If I was in her region I would collect the item myself, have it reset / adjusted and deliver it back to her personally! Is that such terrible service?)

Cali Craft and Gems

Nice one BoB! My honest rating of the buyer has been removed and I still sit with a negative!

I have emailed the buyer once again but now with the offer of a conditional refund - she must return the item for inspection. If found to be undamaged, then she will be refunded. If found to be damaged, then the ring will be returned to her "as is" and will not be refunded.

Fair?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
"It's The Claw....!":biggrin:

I wanna clutch your claw? (As opposed to The Beatles' "I wanna hold your hand"?

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Ask her to send it back ,normal mail R23. and just refund her including return mail costs , then legally you are in the clear ,then ask for the ratings to be removed from both sides .its not an expensive item , maybe it did have a glitch , you will never really know , have it cleaned and refixed and resell as refurbished .my opinion .

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Ask her to send it back ,normal mail R23. and just refund her including return mail costs , then legally you are in the clear ,then ask for the ratings to be removed from both sides .its not an expensive item , maybe it did have a glitch , you will never really know , have it cleaned and refixed and resell as refurbished .my opinion .

And so say all of us!!

kebs    10
kebs
Yip - Negative rating received...

As mentioned in the emails, I recommended that the buyer go to the jeweller I specified as I could negotiate a repair with this jeweller. At no time did I expect the buyer to pay for the repair! She has refused this option and is now dragging my name through the mud instead.

As one who has recently had to eat humble pie due to my miswording, did the buyer understand that you were going to pay for the repair as it isn't in the email you posted on the forum? I recently blasted some-one, not on BOB, & then realised I hadn't explained myself completely, hence the misunderstanding.. Never again will I type in anger I tell you! Humble pie is so not my thing!! :notrust:

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to Kebs - I did not post all of the emails based on some of the info in one of them where I was quoting her nasty commentary. This is where it stated that her going to the recommended jeweller would be at my expense. She still argued with me.

"Overnight" and before any jeweller could be open, she rated me stating that the jeweller said the repairs would be too costly, then continued to say that I was a liar. If anyone is "stretching the truth" unfortunately I must point fingers in her direction - I was not aware that jewellers were open for trade between midnight and sunrise, and that they could give a repair quotation within those hours too!