Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Book Category Commander ...

RISadler    10
RISadler

So who's in charge of the "Books" category?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think Natalie attends to these.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Apparently not.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear!

qball    11
qball

Unfortunately we are not always on the forums. What seems to be the problem RISadler?

RISadler    10
RISadler

A suggestion/request was made in this thread, but the category commander never responded. As even a "that's a stupid idea" would have sufficed, the lack thereof creates the assumption the person has departed. Hence the requirement and consequent request for a replacement.

Natalie_R    10
Natalie_R

Teen sections in the Books category

A suggestion/request was made in this thread, but the category commander never responded. As even a "that's a stupid idea" would have sufficed, the lack thereof creates the assumption the person has departed. Hence the requirement and consequent request for a replacement.

Hi there Mr Sadler,

I am the category manager for the Books section (I do not presume to 'command' anything, thankfully:rolleyes:).

Fortunately I have not departed from bidorbuy. I'm still happily working here; but with all our new developments lately (like stores and advertising) I have not been able to trawl the forums daily and 'hence' your request went undetected.

To everyone interested,

We will be creating a Teen Fiction section (as we feel this is the most obvious one to have in light of current book trends) as a litmus test to measure how popular teen categories would be, and then consider making more of them.

Thank you for your suggestions. Kindly send me a private message if you feel I have taken too long to respond to a category management related request. It's not because I think it's a "stupid idea", it may be that I just missed your forum post.

Wishing all of you a lovely day:grin:

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

And a collectable children's book category... Please please please :smile:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
...with all our new developments lately (like stores and advertising) I have not been able to trawl the forums daily and 'hence' your request went undetected.

FYI - There is no need whatsoever for you to trawl the forums daily, simply open up the Books&Education Forum, click on "Forum tools" and then "subscribe to this forum" - that means whenever anyone posts on the Books forum - you will be notified. It isn't a wildly busy forum, so it isn't likely that you will receive excessive emails about posts.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Oh, MsPlod, I should hire you as my PR person. If I had posted the same, I'd have received another infraction. But you put it so nicely, with honey-glazing and all. :awesome:

But, yeah, a "Teen Fiction" category would be nice, even though "Teen Fiction" is not the same as "Juvenile Fiction." And the "Collectable" is essential.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
But, yeah, a "Teen Fiction" category would be nice, even though "Teen Fiction" is not the same as "Juvenile Fiction." And the "Collectable" is essential.

Tease out the differences between Teen Fiction and Juvenile Fiction - do it "nicely" (LOL) and you may just get both... Then PM Natalie to make sure she knows what you have posted!

RISadler    10
RISadler

The short difference between Teen and Juvenile fiction is the age ... Juvenile fiction is roughly for ages 10 to 13, give or take a year on each end. Teen fiction is for ages 14 to 17 years.

The long difference lies in the content and subject matter. Each has their own rules on how things, people and feelings are presented to the reader.

The other difference lies in gender ... Teen fiction is mainly for girls/females, whereas juvenile fiction is generally one for both. But this fits in with the long difference.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter that much, as long as I don't have to list my books under "Baby Books" anymore.

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, I see the "Teen Fiction" category now exists under the "Fiction" category. Is it possible to make this ("Teen Fiction") a direct category under the "Books & Education" section, with "Afrikaans" and "English" subcategories?

The problem I have is that my books are Afrikaans juvenile fiction, so where do I put it? Under the "Afrikaans" category, where it needs to fight with drivel (adult fiction) like Deon Meyer? (OK, maybe this is the category, since Meyer's work is actually juvenile.) Or under "Teen Fiction," which by implication and the existence of an Afrikaans category, is English?

RISadler    10
RISadler

Two years later ...

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

mmm Fiction is awfully overloaded under General & Other....2 reasons probably ...For the conscientious Seller it could mean there just is NO catagory and for the other Sellers means conventient so they don't have to think.

RISadler    10
RISadler

True. I simply cannot believe that BoB doesn't seriously look into this. If they organised everything into decent categories, then it will increase sales ... hence more revenue for them. As it is, it is very hit and (more) miss to actually find the books that one wants to buy.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Days turn into weeks, weeks into months, months into years ... we definitely need a new category commander.