Sign in to follow this  
Keane16

Problem with paying fees for listings - Help need please

Keane16

Hi all,

I've never had this problem before and I think that its more an issue with my own computer, than BoB ...

Anyway, what happens is that after making up an auction and choosing my enhancements and then creating my listing, it goes to the screen where it gives me the relevant charges or fees and shows me how much is owed. Then I tick the acceptance of terms button and then I click the button that says 'Proceed with Payment'. Now I'm at the 'Item Payment' screen. Then a message from Windows pops up to say that this isn't a secure screen and do I want to view only the information that has been delivered securely or unsecured information too? Then whichever option I choose, the payment screen is shown and on the left hand side is the option to pay from my BoB account and on the right hand side is the option to use a Credit Card to pay. I have funds in my BidorBuy account but when I click that button to pay, the screen changes and says I have not entered my credit card details and therefore the payment cannot be made. So I choose to pay from my funds, but its only allowing me to pay using a credit card. No matter how many times I click the button to pay the fee from my BoB account, it shows (in red colour) on the right hand side where I haven't entered my credit card details.

I finally gave in last night as I really wanted to list items for sale, so I put in my credit card details and paid for 2 listings. But it was crazy because I paid R5 for 1 item with my credit card!

Anyway, I hope I've been clear enough in my explanation. This hasn't happened before and its frustrating, because I have the funds available in my account to pay, but I have to use my credit card.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gid

Keane16

Just a quick follow up ...

To accurately give an explanation of the steps that I went through in my previous post, I created a new listing. But I don't want to keep it and I haven't paid the listing fees. But now I can't seem to delete it. How do I delete it?

Thanks,

Mark

mrmouse

are you maybe using Linux ?

Keane16

Nope, not using Linux. I'm using Windows XP.

svw

Try doing a disk clean up first and then a complete shut down and restart

Lukeness

What browswer are you using?

voldermort

This happened to me a few years ago - I was never able to complete orders and after phoning BoB for help I was advised to change to Mozilla Firefox, since then I have never again had this problem.

Perhaps you may be experiencing the same issue?

Keane16

Thanks for the replies.

It must be a problem with my work computer, because last night I listed 2 more items and was working on my laptop at home which is running Windows 7 and I had absolutely no problems with paying the fees from my BoB account.

I don't really feel like changing my browser away from IE, so I will speak to a Windows techie and hopefully get it sorted out. But thanks again for the replies.

Gid

Lukeness

Have you perhaps recently done an IE update (If not, maybe try that)? If you do change to Firefox it is pretty quick and painless. There is a set up wizard that can transfer all you favourites/bookmarks/history and passwords etc.

mrmouse

my linux machine lets me bid but not pay , something to do with security settings .