Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

SNC's

voldermort    10
voldermort

Not sure if this is in the right column – if not I apologise.

Is it not possible to extend the snc period to longer than the 2 months where it now stands? We as sellers have 2 months to file a snc, thereafter that option falls away.

I do realise that some will file a snc as soon as the 7 day waiting period is over however when dealing with regular (usually good) buyers I am sure I cannot be the one & only seller who is hesitant to file a snc straight away – and when you take into consideration emails, excuses, promises of payment at following month end, public holidays here and there etc etc 2 months actually becomes a very short period of time.

Thank you

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I agree Voldermort! I also cannot file a snc against my regular, good customers.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I agree... I give certain buyers way beyond the seven days for payment and in some cases this has run into several months and they have not paid so I lose out on being able to do the SNC. This is not a common occurence, but does add up in the long run.

SouthAfricanPicker    10
SouthAfricanPicker

Waiting waiting waiting for payment...

I had a buyer who purchased an item from me two weeks ago and has still not paid me. If I have a look at his ratings, which are 100%, other sellers are raving about what a good buyer he is, buying and paying for things immediately. Even after he won my auction he paid for all his other items immediately but not for the one he bought from me. I have sent him numerous emails asking him when he will pay and he never sticks to his promises. Today, I filed a SNC and have offered the item to the other buyer who was interested as I do not want to conduct a sale with such an unreliable individual.

I get highly annoyed with people like this, especially since now that a snc has been filed, I will be unable to leave him a negative rating. I rely on monies made on BOB and get highly irritated with people who think they can do what they please and you as a seller must sit back and wait. NOT ON!

wayjen    10
wayjen

If a regular Buyer communicates with you then that is another story but once they get complacent and and or do not communicate with you then the 7 day waiting period is too long to wait.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I will gladly work with my Buyers, but Buyers who put me on the 'back burner of ignore', not even bothering to make contact via BoB's message system or replying to the winning email notification or reminder email (sent day 5) will have a SNC filed as soon as the option to do so 'pops up'. Once the SNC is filed, 'it is all over but the shout'; terms have not been met, payment has not been received...(and as noted in SNC: Item re-listed; no longer available. PAYMENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).

This clicking the option 'buyer plans to pay' is nothing short of IMHO 'playing games'...7-days later and still no payment. If Buyer has not 'taken care of business' prior to filing a SNC, 99.9% of the time they are not going to do so this side of the grave. IF, after the SNC is filed, should payment be made (can count on one hand how often this has happened in last 5+ years) payment is reverted; item re-listed, no longer available...PAYMENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

My regular Buyers is a different story. Even without an email from them, I know payment will be forthcoming within 30 days.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Whilst we are on the subject of Snc's I would like to ask Bob to consider this. (Someone did mention this in a previous thread if I recall correctly).

Can bob have an option when a seller files an snc that says Item no longer available - do not make payment. The only grounds that the buyer could then appeal on are that he had paid before the snc. The buyer cant appeal then that he still plans to pay. This would cut down on a lot of frustration on the sellers side, especially as if payments are made and the item isnt available, its always an issue to get the buyers banking details, and then an argument about what fees have been deducted in respect of bank charges.

Please can bidorbuy consider this.

brad112    10
brad112

Prehaps 4 months would be good, items not collected by buyers at their post office usually take at least 40 - 60 days to return, I would like the option to file a SNC if I refund the buyer because they refuse to pay the addititonal resend postage.