Sign in to follow this  
JORYHA TRADING

Parcel Tracking Numbers Not Showing on SAPO Webpage

JORYHA TRADING    10
JORYHA TRADING

In the past week, I have discovered 3 parcel tracking numbers not showing up on SAPO website. One posted on 19 Jan, two others posted on 4 February. I have the cash invoices from the SAPO which gives the detail of the tracking numbers, but when I track it, just a RED notice comes up that the number cannot be found or that the number may be incorrect!

What is very disconcerting, is that the buyers of these items, are getting "hot under the collar", and as expected, uses the rating system to air grievances, or worse, resort to threats.

I have now submitted the cash receipts to my post master at the post office from where the parcels were dispatched to investigate further, but in the interim I have to appease my buyers!

Any-one having the same issue? Any advice will be welcomed.

Regards, RJL

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

The best is to contact the client care of the post office and let them tell you where the parcel's are it is very frustrating.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

So far (touch wood) all my numbers are showing, but what has been most frustrating is what happened today!

Parcel was sent to a valid address on 11 January. It sat at Witspos for a few days, then was sent to the relevant branch. It was scanned in at the branch on 3 February with "First notification to recipient" and two minutes later scanned in again as "Return to sender". It went back to Witspos who in turn sent it back to the branch within a 24 hour period. It was then again scanned as "Return to sender" on 6 February and arrived back in my box this morning with the big yellow sticker stating "Unclaimed".

I was under the impression that the PO was supposed to keep your parcel at the branch for 6 weeks before returning it! Me thinks the branch manager is going to meet me in my "best" mood on Monday...

JORYHA TRADING    10
JORYHA TRADING

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

@wayjen - I tried the web link you suggested- unfortunately no luck either, but it is a really great site! Will be using it for all future tracking enquiries. Thank you for sharing

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

My experience with SAPO is that the parcel tracking on the website quite often doesnt match the information they give you when you call them on the customer care line. It may well be worth your while to call them.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

@wayjen - I tried the web link you suggested- unfortunately no luck either, but it is a really great site! Will be using it for all future tracking enquiries. Thank you for sharing

cool man, us Cape Townians must stick together ha ha ha ha

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Thanks for that link Wayjen,that explains why 3 parcels I sent today are not yet showing.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

phone them website is usually a mess

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I've recently had a parcel sent to Durban area end up in Sunridge Post Office, Port Elizabeth! It went to Durban but some bright spark decided to only keep it overnight and then sent it to PE. I'm hoping the buyer has now received their parcel safely.

I also had tremendous difficulty in locating the parcel, due to SAPO's website "experiencing technical difficulties" for a couple of days in a row! They need to be shown how to work their website properly.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Yup they are,and definitely need an upgrade.

svw    10
svw
Yup they are,and definitely need an upgrade.

Explains why the "Cybercrime Syndicate" was able to steal R42 million from SAPO

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
In the past week, I have discovered 3 parcel tracking numbers not showing up on SAPO website. One posted on 19 Jan, two others posted on 4 February. I have the cash invoices from the SAPO which gives the detail of the tracking numbers, but when I track it, just a RED notice comes up that the number cannot be found or that the number may be incorrect!

What is very disconcerting, is that the buyers of these items, are getting "hot under the collar", and as expected, uses the rating system to air grievances, or worse, resort to threats.

I have now submitted the cash receipts to my post master at the post office from where the parcels were dispatched to investigate further, but in the interim I have to appease my buyers!

Any-one having the same issue? Any advice will be welcomed.

Regards, RJL

This sounds like the parcels have been returned to you .They were probably not claimed and were sent back after lying at the post office for a month.