Sign in to follow this  
robmac1

American Postal History WANTED

robmac1    10
robmac1

Hi everyone!

I'm a new buyer and seller on bidorbuy. If any sellers out there have some old USA covers lying around from the late 1930s through to 1950s please let me know. I collect these but I am very particular about what covers I will buy. If you let me know what you have, date of postage and stamps, then I'll let you know whether I may be interested or likely to buy it if you listed it. I think a reasonable start price for such covers usually ranges between R10 and R50 - depending on how interesting they are and condition of envelope. I probably would not pay more than R50 for a postal history cover from this period. I am not interested in First Day Covers!

Thanks!

robmac1    10
robmac1

Just a suggestion - I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it is quite difficult to search for postal history items on bidorbuy as there is no proper category for it. It would be fantastic if all sellers could include the keywords postal history or something similar that we could all agree on if they list a postal history item and not a FDC or event cover. I have noticed that some sellers already do this and it is great! Unfortunately if you do a keyword search for 'cover' you just get billions of FDCs!

Thanks!

robmac1    10
robmac1

Hi Jacques,

Wow! What an amazing cover! Sadly it is way out of my pricerange :cry: but thanks so much for the link. Please keep me in mind if you find any less expensive covers, particularly those posted to Southern African countries during the time period I mentioned.

PS I may be prepared to pay more for airmail covers.