Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fashion Police

Advice please

6 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I'd really appreciate some input here....haven't had a situation like this before:

Today I've listed a few new stunning fashion items, and just a few minutes ago had a buyer emailing me regarding one of the new listings that they absolutely love.

The buyer purchased another (similarish) item from me about 2 weeks ago (parcel collected 30 Jan 13:10) and asked if they can exchange their previous purchase for the new item that I've listed today and just pay in the difference.

My return policy is "Autheticity guaranteed, or your money back - 7 days" - obviously this will also apply if there's a problem with the item or if the buyer is unhappy with it's condition.

However, this buyer decided the initial item that they've purchased is not as nice as the new one, therefore would like to exchange it (just passed the 7 days "mark" by a few hours)

In addition, the images on the initial listing are VERY clear and detailed for customers to know exactly what they're purchasing and what to expect, measurements included exact specs etc. There's nothing "deceiving" about the listing and the images at all - it is exactly what it is.

Should I accept a return / exchange in such a situation? I always do my utter best to keep my buyers happy, but this doesn't feel right to me? Imagine I had to do this for every buyer who changed their minds as soon as I list new stock?

I'm a total blank on this one...

Definitely NO!! She can bid on the new item!

I agree!

Imagine buying an item from a retail store and a while later you return it saying you prefer the newer item - what do you think they would say!

In a word...no.

This could very well open up a big 'can of worms'. What say if, in 2-weeks or 2-months, you list another item that 'catches her fancy' and she wants to exchange the exchange for the new one? And, like you stated, what if every buyer, or even one in every ten buyers, wanted to do the same?

Your return policy is quite clear and the item and it's authenticity or condition (damage, imperfections, etc.) is not in question. Prior to the '7-days', had she contacted you regarding an exchange 'just because', you could have elected to 'make the switch'...or not.

I am 'thinking' she bid/won/paid in a timely manner and you posted her item in a timely manner. This particular transaction would appear to be completed satisfactorily for both of you.

Bottom line (IMO): Ooops, I changed my mind is not a valid reason for an exchange/refund and you are under no obligation to honor her request.

Ruthie

Thank you!

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

I almost considered it, but then thought to myself :thinking: "wait a minute" ...

Hope I don't get negative feedback on this one.

Then that would be an unfair rating F P. She was mos at first happy with the item. Don't even let this matter bother you :biggrin: