Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krsimpson

When will my account be approved for bidding?

16 posts in this topic

The item I want to bid on ends in 1 day. I have been waiting for 2+ days for approval to bid.

Is anyone there?

As far as I know, you can bid as soon as you had registered yourself! Same day!

Sorry I see you are from the US. Then I am not sure.

Edited by MiemsJewels

No. It tells me my account is under review. I registered on Feb 3, and cannot bid, or contact seller.

I get (in broken HTML), this message:

Your ability to bid or buy is being reviewed.

See more information.

Eish, Hey BOB... whatkind huh?

Got a cuzzie here who wants to buy and give you money 4 free, whazz the story?:cheesy:

Eish, Hey BOB... whatkind huh?

Got a cuzzie here who wants to buy and give you money 4 free, whazz the story?:cheesy:

yeah and I'm losing potential sales, I need money for hot x buns.

Thank you for your post. Your emails were received after hours (on Saturday and again last night), we assume this is due to time differences. We have responded to your email requesting further particulars.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

how to contact seller

Bidorbuy will not let me bid until I send a copy of my passport and utility bill. Those are documents used for IDENTITY THEFT, and I will not send them.

I cannot even log in to bid.

Thanks.

Edited by weblistings
deleted seller name

Hi Ken

We noticed you created a second account so we requested docs, which is in line with our terms of use which you agreed to. We can assure you we have a strict privacy policy and your information is kept confidential at all times unless we are required to release it due to legal reasons. We are within our rights to request such documentation from you... unfortunately no contact details may be shared or provided unless you have a transaction with a seller.

Please send through the docs as requested. Thank you.

I had to create a new account, because I cannot log in to the first account any longer. I can use the "forgot password" link, and it emails me a new password. But the new password does not work.

It is not worth all this hassle to buy a R50 book.

Dear Ken

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we have had to implement certain security features on the site as a result of some unwanted activity recently from the USA. This may restrict your ability to place bids. We have bypassed these checks on your account, so your ability to bid has been restored. We apologise if this has caused any inconvenience. Please use the krsimpson login as the other account - weblistings has been closed.

weblistings...

I have been selling on BoB for around 10-years. I have NEVER had to worry about my private information being used for anything other than that for which it is/was intended and that includes 'sensitive' documents. BoB has a stellar Staff and I would 'think' the person(s) with access to the documentation is limited to a very few. What BoB is requesting is really no different from the (new / updated) information now being requested by PayPal. Although I have been PayPal Business Verified for nearly 15-years, I am, with the new laws, required to provide 'proof' of who I am... copy of: Driver's License, utility bill or mortage statement and Social Security Number.

Ruthie

Dear Ken

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we have had to implement certain security features on the site as a result of some unwanted activity recently from the USA. This may restrict your ability to place bids. We have bypassed these checks on your account, so your ability to bid has been restored. We apologise if this has caused any inconvenience. Please use the krsimpson login as the other account - weblistings has been closed.

Apologies, Cuan, for 'stepping on your toes'. I must have been 'working' on a reply while you were posting yours.

Ruthie

Thank you, qball. I have placed the bid.

Ruthie, I, too, have been PayPal verified for about 15 years. i have never had to provide a copy of such sensitive information. With such information, an identity thief can destroy you.

Thank you, qball. I have placed the bid.

Ruthie, I, too, have been PayPal verified for about 15 years. i have never had to provide a copy of such sensitive information. With such information, an identity thief can destroy you.

Welcome to BoB!

BoB has some of the 'bestest' Sellers and a Staff that is 'second to none'. You will also find the Forum a vast source of information from some very 'smart cookies'. You can probably find an answer for just about every question; if not, ask.

I have an 'Advantage Member' PayPal account. The information was needed to upgrade my 'line of credit' for my PayPal MasterCard. Insofar as Identity Theft....that is why my son and I have LifeLock and other 'security measures' in place.

Again, welcome aboard.

Ruthie

Welcome weblistings. Hope you'll have a smooth, happy time on BoB and enjoy the forum!

Just so you guys are aware, in the 12 years we have been operating there has never been a reported case of identity theft due to our system or processes. The only time this has occurred is when someone has responded to a phishing email, much like the banks are victim of frequently... touch wood...

Welcome to the forum as well as Bidorbuy weblistings. :smile: