Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Paynents and tracking numbers

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Hmmmmmmm some sellers request payment immediatley in CAPITALS nogal ,but dont give tracking numbers immediatley on payment, in future ratings may depend on the whole experience including tracking number efficency , I pay immediatly I expect a tracking number immediatly, and dont come with the excuse tracking numbers are only available after posting ,waybills and tracking numbers are freely available from all freight companys , I dont like payment requests in capitals !!!!!!!! , Feeling better now ? NO peeved off!:razz:

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Mr Mouse you should then name this seller or ask them to come to the forum to explain as to why they have not sent you a tracking number. I personally would avoid a seller that demands immediately capital letters mean's shouting. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I assure you not all the seller on bidorbuy conduct business in this manner!

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

I dont like naming and shaming , If a salesperson at a retail shop shouts at you about going and paying ,before payment I would walk out ,I will rate this seller Neutral with a reason why and I will not buy from them again ,to send a letter in capitals out of business hours over a weekend is not acceptable , hell its never acceptable , in future I will cancell all purchases if I get shouted at again !You want immediate payment ask me nicely ,, and provide a tracking number immediatly not 3 days later.This has really gotten my goat ,Sellers jack up your business protocols or loose out to other companys or E-bay .Ive now said enough .

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I am one seller who dispatches within 3 days of receipt of payment but I do not ever give a tracking number until the parcel is sent off!

This prevents mix-ups and problems for both the buyer and the seller - they receive the correct tracking number and advice that if the parcel hasn't reached them within 5 to 7 working days, they take the tracking number in to their local PO and lodge a written enquiry as to its whereabouts!

After 5 years on BoB, this has never posed a problem for any one of my buyers and I think my ratings prove this.

I do, however, always rate the buyer immediately payment is received and I then send them an email advising them the date on which I will be posting and that I will be thereafter sending them the tracking number.

Perhaps it's good communication that is the key?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree with Lily, I also only provide the tracking numbers and ratings after postage to ensure that the buyer gets both and that nothing left out. I also give full tracking information so that the buyer knows exactly what is happening every step of the way.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Very interesting. I wonder why this person wanted payment immediately.

mrmouse do you only buy from people who use the courier service and do you only place bids or buy nows during the hours of 8am to 5pm monday to friday? What if you get a tracking number within seconds of paying and something happens at the courier service or post office? What do your sellers T & C state?

Edited by wayjen

voldermort    10
voldermort
I dont like naming and shaming , If a salesperson at a retail shop shouts at you about going and paying ,before payment I would walk out ,I will rate this seller Neutral with a reason why and I will not buy from them again ,to send a letter in capitals out of business hours over a weekend is not acceptable , hell its never acceptable , in future I will cancell all purchases if I get shouted at again !You want immediate payment ask me nicely ,, and provide a tracking number immediatly not 3 days later.This has really gotten my goat ,Sellers jack up your business protocols or loose out to other companys or E-bay .Ive now said enough .

I hope you do feel better now....seriously though most sellers (excluding those dealing on Snap Friday or weekend only auctions) would not send out emails requesting money on weekends, simply because most sellers would know that even if you were to do an immediate transfer on a weekend if you are with another bank the payment would only reflect in their account by Monday night, thus sending out such an email on a weekend would not expedite matters at all.

Perhaps they have a full time job preventing them from sending emails during business hours - however I have bought items before from sellers who do work full time off BoB and these sellers usually send such emails Mon – Fri and then usually either at the crack of dawn or far into the night (which when wearing my buyer shoes I appreciate far more than I would a weekend request)

Similarly I think most people, buyers or sellers, would know better than to type in capitals....are they not perhaps new sellers who are not aware of this?

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Hi Wayjen , I buy all hours but payment can only normally be done office hours ,(I have a book keeper that does that ) I supply parts to companys country wide , I carry SAPO tracking numbers by the sheet , they give them to you free of charge , on completion of an order you get an immediate tracking number from SAPO or speed services , if courier thats the buyers problem , my goat is if you request immediate payment ,be prepared to issue a tracking number immediatley , it also makes the buyer happy to know you have acknowledged him and it also keeps him happy . My main issue was with the payment request in capitols , I find that uncalled for , and not much can happen at the courier or po ? ( im not attacking you ) ,in 20 years of supplying life support spares I have never had a tracking number changed or a parcell dissapear . the tracking details get stuck on the parcell , it gets scanned and off it goes , ive never had a problem . I have waited days for tracking numbers from sellers on BoB , days for parcells to get sent , the level of service from some sellers is not too good , I strive to keep my customers happy , whether its on BoB , junkmail , ebay etc the customer is king , dont send payment requests in capitols over a weekend ,actually anytime , treat your customer like you want to be treated with respect , I will never buy from that seller again . If i send a letter of payment demand in capitols ,to one of the companys I supply they will never buy from me again ,, ouch thats a lot of words , some sellers are great , some need training , some i wont buy from again ,maybe ill feel better in the morning , if I can just get this thorn out of my side .

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I paid this account 5 mins ago. Could I have my TRACKING NUMBER NOW???:laugh::laugh::laugh:

voldermort    10
voldermort
I paid this account 5 mins ago. Could I have my TRACKING NUMBER NOW???

Or rather, you have a bid ending in 20 mins and I still don't see any signs of you paying, what is going on & shall a snc be necessary?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

LOL mrMouse, I think the seller was short of cash for the weekend. That is why you got this URGENT IMMEDIATELY messsage!

Bwah ha ha!:grin:

mellowred    10
mellowred

I personally don't like the idea of tracking numbers by the sheet because it gives the illusion that the parcel has already been posted. Also, if the tracking number is supplied before the parcel is wrapped and ready to go, all sorts of mix-ups could occur. I don't think I'd trust my organisational skills to get all the numbers right :wtf:.

The capitalisation of IMMEDIATE would appear to be rude and would annoy me too, but it is possible that the buyer is fed up with slow payers and has added that without thinking what it looks like to the buyer.

Mr Mouse, just send the seller an email advising them that the capitalisation annoyed you, and see what response you get.

wayjen    10
wayjen

So it's ok to buy after hours but not for someone to ask for payment after hours? I have been to a post office with my tracking numbers on the parcel (yes I have the free ones too) and the system was down and the PO had to issue new tracking numbers so now what? What good is a tracking number to anyone minutes after an auction has closed anyway?

I agree that capital letters displays shouting and is uncalled for and demanding payments after seconds of an auction closing is also not on. Hell, we have been asked for tracking numbers straight after payment when our T & C say we only post once a week.

Edited by wayjen

Mustlovebooks    10
Mustlovebooks
I carry SAPO tracking numbers by the sheet , they give them to you free of charge

I must say that your Post Office is very accommodating. I have asked for tracking number labels (the green ones) and my Post Office refuse to give it to me. How did you manage to get it? I think it is more convenient. You just have to keep your ducks in a row so that you don't mix up numbers and parcels :embarrest: and cause yourself more hassles.

But on the other hand, you can only give the buyer his tracking number after the parcel is safely in the Post Office, not so? So even if you have tracking numbers handy and it's Saturday and you can only post on Monday, it doesn't help anybody :unsure:.

wayjen    10
wayjen

We get the stickers also free from the PO but have used them only to find you need to use the card system. When we used the card system they ran out and went back to the sticker system, now imagine the headache you get when you have already sent out the tracking numbers before entering a PO?

There is absolutely zip a person can do with a tracking number until it is in the PO system. A tracking number is not a receipt for an item purchased.

Edited by wayjen

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

My post office uses both the sticker and the card system and I get both from the post office so that I can get everything done before I get to the post office.

Mustlovebooks    10
Mustlovebooks

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is the card system?

wayjen    10
wayjen
Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is the card system?

I don't have one in front of me now but it's just a card that you fill out with your details and the Buyers details. There are 3 sections with tracking numbers on, now the idea is that you keep one section and one section stays on the parcel and they send the other section to the Buyer.

Hope that makes sense.

LokiMART    10
LokiMART

If you order from any online retailer you're expected to pay immediately, and then wait for your tracking number while the order is processed (sometimes over days). I think that's standard business practice. I always try to ship same-day but I've never given out a tracking number until the parcel is in the system because buyers find the concept confusing and tend to panic.

"I phoned Speed Services and they say this number you gave me Friday night isn't valid! It's Monday morning already! What are you trying to pull here?" :disgusted:

...and then the number eventually registers on the tracker on the Monday night, if I'm lucky, or around lunchtime Tuesday, if I'm not, and it's a bunch of stress for nothing because the buyer is in, "This seller is just full of excuses" mode :blink:

I do agree that the seller shouldn't be "shouting" at you though. You catch more flies with honey, etc...

windrider    10
windrider

I dislike sellers like this. I always interpret payment deadlines as the time window I have to pay, not when the seller receives payment. Even if they offer credit card facilities, there are still plenty of people who don't own credit cards. Shouting at the buyer will turn off any future purposes. You should really name and shame mrmouse, I as buyer would love to avoid a situation like this.

As far as tracking numbers go, if you don't state when you ship after receiving payment, I can also "Shout" for my tracking number.