Sign in to follow this  
Adri M van Zyl

BoB staff lazy?

Adri M van Zyl    10
Adri M van Zyl

Why can't payments to the BoB bank account, be combined, and an email with exactly the amount, order number and reference be sent to the billing dept? This is when you have won several auctions on one day.

BoB allows the banks to get wealthier, by us having to pay for each EFT (into the same BoB account!!!) Is the staff not just lazy to do a little bit of extra admin?

This is my second service query with BoB staff. I have found only one, mr Mkhize, was willing to put in extra effort. With another lady, I had to fight my own battles with a thief of a seller, and she never even followed up on my loss!

I trust that you will start to consider this service.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Welcome to the forum Adri. The Bob staff are not lazy. You pay different sellers with different Reference numbers. Can you imagine the confusion if you pay all the sellers with only 1 ref number?

Regards

Miems

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Why can't payments to the BoB bank account, be combined, and an email with exactly the amount, order number and reference be sent to the billing dept? This is when you have won several auctions on one day.

Probably because in January alone bob generated in excess of 80 000 orders or approximately 2600 orders a day. Imagine having to sift through 2600 payments every day to allocate them and the errors that would slip in?

Is the staff not just lazy to do a little bit of extra admin?

I have only ever found the bob staff to be efficient helpful and friendly.

qball    11
qball

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Unfortunately the bobPay process must be followed as we deal with hundreds and thousands of payments daily and weekly, otherwise if not followed it causes unnecessary delays as we manually have to try allocate the payments (that is why we devised a system to do this automatically to ensure the delays are kept to a minimum). Each transaction has a unique reference number, this must be added to each payment. The reason this is done is to ensure the payments are automatically allocated to the order. This usually happens within 30 minutes. If all payments are combined for different sellers, with different references, we manually have to try match the payments, this not only takes time, it also delays the process. We made an exception for you the first time and you were advised to please not do it again as it does cause unnecessary delays on the orders but also delays payment to the sellers. Please kindly ensure when you complete your orders that each payment is made individually to each different seller. Thank you.

Regarding the issue with the seller you mention, we did try contact the seller several times without luck, we then advised you in July of 2011, to contact our security team to get the seller's details. It seems we were never contacted after that. I do apologise for the negative experience this may have caused you, but please be assured we will strive to improve our level of service. Unfortunately if a seller does not fulfill his role in the transaction, there is only so much we can do from our side. We cannot enforce your rights for you, you are the only one who can do this, as the purchaser, either by taking the seller to Small Claims, opening a case of theft under false pretenses against the seller or by suing them to recover your funds. Should you still require the seller's details please let me know, and we will send them to you.

Thank you again for your feedback and we apologise if our service was lacking in any way.

Adri M van Zyl    10
Adri M van Zyl

Surely with the technology, BoB can create a page where you fill in your amounts, references, and then receive one reference for the 'bundle' payment? I am stunned that i have to make SEVEN payments now, to ONE account. 7 x EFT costs. Don't mind if it was into 7 diffirent accounts, but into one, i start seeing red!

Thanx for welcoming me, Miems!

Adri M van Zyl    10
Adri M van Zyl

I did get the thief's name from you - after asking for it from the security team - is there no record of it? But the options of what to do with it, as you have just mentioned, was never given to me.

qball    11
qball
Surely with the technology, BoB can create a page where you fill in your amounts, references, and then receive one reference for the 'bundle' payment? I am stunned that i have to make SEVEN payments now, to ONE account. 7 x EFT costs. Don't mind if it was into 7 diffirent accounts, but into one, i start seeing red!

Thanx for welcoming me, Miems!

Unfortunately not. Please follow the process. Thank you.

qball    11
qball
I did get the thief's name from you - after asking for it from the security team - is there no record of it? But the options of what to do with it, as you have just mentioned, was never given to me.

I am not sure why this was not disclosed to you as it is standard procedure from our side. You are referring to an incident back in 2011 April and July, all we have is the email correspondence so I can't really comment on why this was not conveyed to you. I do apologise for this.

Adri M van Zyl    10
Adri M van Zyl

Maybe staff should then also "follow the process" as you can not only expect it from your customers?

Adri M van Zyl    10
Adri M van Zyl

Maybe someone should look into this, and not you just deciding this should not be done, because you feel uncomfortable by my suggestion? If you are not the highest ranking in the BoB office, please forward my suggestion to your superior.

Have a fabulous weekend gball, and thankyou for answering so quickly :-)

qball    11
qball

Dear Adri

Thank you for your reply.

We won't be looking in to this unfortunately. From an auditing point of view we can't have several separate transactions sent through as one amount and then split, each one must be separate. Not only that, if payment amounts are incorrect (over or under), shipping charge calculations, make it very difficult to offer this option. If there is an under or over payment, to whom do we allocate it to?

Unfortunately we won't be offering this option, please kindly follow the process as advised. Thank you.

Have a lovely weekend.

Regards

Cuan

qball    11
qball
Maybe staff should then also "follow the process" as you can not only expect it from your customers?

They generally do :smile:. Considering the number of queries and customers we deal with, sometimes one or two do fall through the cracks, we are after all, only human too... :smile:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Maybe someone should look into this, and not you just deciding this should not be done, because you feel uncomfortable by my suggestion? If you are not the highest ranking in the BoB office, please forward my suggestion to your superior.

Have a fabulous weekend gball, and thankyou for answering so quickly :-)

I think you're being very hard on the BoB staff who are working within a system which works well for 99.999% buyers and sellers.

I believe that all the BoB staff work with integrity and follow clear guide-lines and as Cuan is definitely not just a "desk help", I think he deserves our respect!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I think you're being very hard on the BoB staff who are working within a system which works well for 99.999% buyers and sellers.

I believe that all the BoB staff work with integrity and follow clear guide-lines and as Cuan is definitely not just a "desk help", I think he deserves our respect!

My two-cents....

Shoot-a-bug, Ivory soap is only 99.99% 'pure'.

Given the number of important 'issues', and hair-pulling 'crazies', BoB addresses on any given day, 99.999% is dadburned near perfect.

Yes, sometimes things 'fall through the cracks', but that isn't reserved for BoB alone. 'Things' get 'lost in the shuffle' in everyone's life / business every now and again.

BoB has specific guidelines. Those guidelines are for the benefit of all; Seller / Buyer / Staff. If everyone 'plays by the rules' (works within those guidelines), the 'system' works quite well. When 'something' does 'fall through the cracks', and it is brought to BoB's attention, it is handled as speedily and as professionally as possible.

I applaud ALL of BoB Staff for the hard work they do and if sometimes one of the Staff misses something or, as they say here, 'pulls a boner', then by golly, I guess that makes them one of us: human.

Ruthie

qball    11
qball

Than you all for your comments, I think this topic has run it's course.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.