Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

BoB Bank Account numbers?

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I have two new firtst time buyers. Both of them do not have internet banking facilities, and want to make cash payments.

I would like to e-mail them the relevant Bidorbuy account numbers at the different banks where Bidorbuy has accounts, so that they can decide where they want to make the payments.

I just can not find these account numbers. Could anyone please be so kind to publish these with the different account names and branch codes?

qball    10
qball

The buyers must complete the order process through the system, they will then be asked to get the bobPay EFT banking details. They will also be asked who they bank with, they simply select which bank and the details will be made available to them (for their bank), they just need to ensure they take down the reference number for the transaction and ask the teller to please include that on the deposit slip as reference, otherwise we won;t be able to trace the payment. They must also remember to include the R16.50 cash deposit fee.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Your buyers can still select the BoBPay EFT option and use the banking details shown to them onscreen for cash deposits as well! This info is highlighted in the banking details - the first value shown on this page (under the details with the reference code) is the EFT amount, and it states clearly that if this amount is going to be paid as a cash deposit, then the second amount is due (inclusive of the R16.50 fee).

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

Thank you for the reply. I do understand that, but not all new buyers do.

They simply do not proceed with with the BobPay EFT selection, as they assume that it can not be done in any case, so they do not bother.

I would then like to be able to reply to their private e-mail with the relevant bank account numbers, and explain the reference/order number and R16, 50 scenario to them. Where do I find these account numbers?

qball    10
qball

We specifically do not publicise it, as then we get all sorts of payments without reference numbers (and then cannot allocate the payments), they must log back into their bidorbuy accounts, go to the Buying tab and clcik on All Items bought or Won and Complete the order, this also ensures they get the reference number, without that we won't be able to trace it. If they need help please ask them to call us on 0861 88 0861.

Thanks

qball    10
qball

Completing Your Order

In order to complete your order and make payment please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Log into “My bidorbuy” with your username and password. On the right hand side under “Purchases” click on “Items Bought or Won in the past 2 weeks or All Items Bought or Won” .
  2. Under the “Order & Payment” column, click on “Complete your purchase” for that order.
  3. Select the Quantity and Options, including any Prompts offered by the Seller, then click on the green "Continue with Checkout" button. The Seller's payment options will also be displayed to you.
  4. On the next page, you must select your Shipping options (automatically populates the shipping charges box with your selection) or enter an amount for shipping if the seller has no options set up, and then enter your delivery address details (or if they are pre-populated and need to be changed to another address, edit the existing address details by clicking on the"Change Delivery Address" link). Payment options will be displayed again. If you are happy with the details click on the green "Continue with Checkout" button.
  5. You will now be directed to a Confirmation page, where you can check all the information is correct for your order and your delivery details. Payment options will be displayed here for your attention. If you are happy with the confirmation click on the green "Confirm your Order" button to complete the payment process.
  6. On the Payment page you will be required to select a payment method, simply click on the green button next to the payment option you wish to use and complete the payment process as requested, if none are listed, please contact the seller via the details listed on this page.
  7. For bobPay EFT payments (payments via Internet Banking/Direct Deposits using bobPay):
    • Click on the green "Get EFT Instructions" button to complete payment via bobPay EFT.
    • Select the bank you intend to make the EFT payment from and then click on the green "Continue to get EFT Instructions" button.
    • Follow the instructions on this page and take note of the account details and the unique 6 digit Recipient Reference that must be used for the payment to be allocated to the order correctly. This reference can also be used for direct deposits and cash deposits if the Buyer does not have internet banking, the system will reconcile the reference to the correct order.
    • Important! - If the correct reference is not used, it may hamper the process and delay the payment reconciliation, thus delaying your order. If paying by cash deposit please include a R16.50 cash deposit fee on to your total payment amount.
    • Finally, follow the link on this page to your Bank's Internet Banking website, login and complete the payment as you normally would when doing an EFT/Internet Banking.
    • Once payment has been received, confirmed and allocated by bidorbuy, both buyer and seller will be notified via email confirmation.

[h=3]PLEASE NOTE:[/h]

• Cash deposits attract a R16.50 cash deposit fee payable by the Buyer.
  • If an incorrect reference is used, bidorbuy or the Seller may ask you to send a proof of payment to billing@bidorbuy.co.za so the payment can be traced and allocated correctly.
  • bidorbuy does not act as a trust or escrow service, nor do we offer any guarantees regarding payments and delivery.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

Ok then. I will try to explain that to the buyers. Is it not possible for Bidorbuy to have a "BobPay Cash" selection when completing the order, as the "EFT" part just seems to baffle cash buyers?

qball    10
qball
Ok then. I will try to explain that to the buyers. Is it not possible for Bidorbuy to have a "BobPay Cash" selection when completing the order, as the "EFT" part just seems to baffle cash buyers?

Unfortunately not. This may cause even further complications as buyers will then think they can just pay cash. The bulk of users have internet banking facilities, the buyers must learn the processes so that they know how it works too...

We also state the following on the bobPay instructions before getting the banking details:

Pay using EFT (Internet banking) from any South African bank with fast confirmation from bidorbuy.

For cash deposits add an additional R16.50 to your payment (EFT no additional charge).

Please note: This option will display the banking details you need to make an EFT payment.

qball    10
qball

Alternatively provide us with the usernames of the buyers and we will call them to explain this.

Thanks

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

Thanks QBall, I have copied your "Order Completion" instructions and forwarded that to the buyer. Let's wait and see....