Sign in to follow this  
AppleBerry

Tracking Number Emails

AppleBerry    10
AppleBerry

Hi All

I need some advise on this.

I have been in this game a while now and i send the tracking number emails in the specified time but i still get buyers emailing stating they have not received the tracking numbers and even after i reply to their request they send me another mail request. This leads to a Neutral or Negative rating which i then have to call them and give them the tracking number verbally.

I sometimes communicate with the buyer before the order is placed with no issues in terms of email being lost and they still say they did not get the tracking number.

I also send payment confirmation through the BOB message system immediately after receiving payment and i get and email or a call 2 hours later asking if i have received payment.

As far as i know once the email is in my sent box it is SENT so where does it go and why do they not get it??

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Appleberry

I can't answer why the buyers are not getting your emails, but I subscribe my buyers to this tracking website at the same time as sending their emails and it is very rare that I get any queries since I have done this.

Parcel Track & Trace, Tracking Number for Post Office & Couriers

In my main email, I advise the buyer to accept the emails from this website, it sends an email to the buyer automatically every time the parcel is scanned.

AppleBerry    10
AppleBerry

Hi Tanaka

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look at the site before but have not used it, do you get any spam mail from this site?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Appleberry

No, none at all, they are the real deal.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Does it actually state anywhere that Sellers need to give Buyers Tracking Numbers? Is it just the right thing to do? There are Buyers who have no idea what it is for anyway and even if you spoon feed them with a number and a site and how to use it and they don't collect a parcel then tough luck for them and no bad rating because of it can be justified.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Wayne

I agree with your comments in general, but I think it is safer for us to give them the tracking numbers and as much detail as possible to prevent potential negatives and also to enable the successful appeal of any negatives.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I send the tracking number via BoB's message system. I also scan, upload and send a USPS stamped copy of the receipt; my copy, via email to the Buyer with a note that they can verify my posting their parcel online at www.usps.com (track and confirm). And, would you believe, I still, once in a while, get an email asking for the tracking number! (shaking head)

Ruthie

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Not everyone gets street mail and if youre delivery address is in a street you have to get a tracking number from the sender otherwise you will never get a single package , how else do you get your goods ????? , once an email is sent it is considered as a legal and binding document , if they dont open it its not your problem , you do get email tracking software that tells you when it was delivered and when it was read or forwarded.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Not everyone gets street mail and if youre delivery address is in a street you have to get a tracking number from the sender otherwise you will never get a single package , how else do you get your goods ????? , once an email is sent it is considered as a legal and binding document , if they dont open it its not your problem , you do get email tracking software that tells you when it was delivered and when it was read or forwarded.

Yes, agree with what you are saying but I think the problem stems from the fact that even though the majority of sellers send tracking numbers, a number of buyers will still send an email a few weeks down the line asking where is their parcel/tracking number etc. I would imagine that if a buyer only had a street address as opposed to a box address they would be even more vigilant about tracking their items, this unfortunately is usually not the case.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I had an argument with someone on another forum cause he often does not get his items which he bought of that other auction site and there is no tracking numbers involved or when he does get a number it does not give him any information. Oh yes, he also says he gets the item to his door sometimes without and info that it has arrived in SA. I track USPS parcels to and from the states and it works all the time. I fail to understand how someone can order something online and not worry about it getting to them? If I bought something online or was getting a gift from my daughter in the USA or sending her one, I would track it all the way.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I had an argument with someone on another forum cause he often does not get his items which he bought of that other auction site and there is no tracking numbers involved or when he does get a number it does not give him any information. Oh yes, he also says he gets the item to his door sometimes without and info that it has arrived in SA. I track USPS parcels to and from the states and it works all the time. I fail to understand how someone can order something online and not worry about it getting to them? If I bought something online or was getting a gift from my daughter in the USA or sending her one, I would track it all the way.

It is all too ridiculous. I sold an item on 28 November & immediately received payment, thus I posted the item the following day - 29 November, sending buyer tracking number through the BoB system.

Last week I receive an email from buyer saying they made payment on 28 November & will I ever be posting their item. Obviously I resent the original message once again but why do buyers not monitor their mails. If I buy an item, even for R5.00 I will keep my eye on the tracking number until I receive it as it is money I spent on the item.

Boggles the mind what some people do and don't do.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

V - I had kinda the same thing.

Sent the buyer the tracking number (posted the day he paid) - which he two days later told me does not exist (according to a woman at the post office!). I tracked the item with the tracking number I gave him and it was waiting for him. So I sent him this info, saying that the tracking number was correct and that the parcel was (surprisingly) already there.

He rated me positively but in the ratings stated: "great service but it would have been a bonus to receive a tracking number". I think I banged my head on the table a few times. Luckily the rating was positive but honestly!

wayjen    10
wayjen

oh and what ever you do, do not leave gaps between numbers like PE 123 456 789 ZA, cause that really freaks them out especially those that should not be online in the first place.

voldermort    10
voldermort

At least these buyers are far & few between - off the subject a bit but I had a buyer last week from Namibia, told them I would find out postage costs & let them know which I did - 600g registered airmail = R110.

Received payment on the weekend plus R80 for postage & message saying they have not paid over R80 postage before so they feel this amount would be sufficient (well, thanks for that)

Sending normal airmail without a tracking number was R88.00 which I decided to take, losing R8.00 in the process & sending them an email advising them of this.

However I feel really, really sorry for the seller who eventually ends up selling them a deluxe coffee table book & receiving the amount that they deem to be sufficient.

voldermort    10
voldermort
V - I had kinda the same thing.

Sent the buyer the tracking number (posted the day he paid) - which he two days later told me does not exist (according to a woman at the post office!). I tracked the item with the tracking number I gave him and it was waiting for him. So I sent him this info, saying that the tracking number was correct and that the parcel was (surprisingly) already there.

He rated me positively but in the ratings stated: "great service but it would have been a bonus to receive a tracking number". I think I banged my head on the table a few times. Luckily the rating was positive but honestly!

I cannot for the life of me understand why, if it is so impossible for some of them to track items online, they do not then just pick up the telephone & phone the help line (I include this number in my emails).

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I have sneaking suspicion it was the helpline that told him the tracking number didn't exist... :amuse: Therefore I was in the wrong, not the incredibly efficient people at the post office... :whistling:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Some people might have more on their minds then sense anyway. We wonder about tracking numbers but how about those we have sold items to and sent emails to with tracking numbers and who still fail to collect their parcels and they get returned to the Seller, most of these never contact the Seller.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Some people might have more on their minds then sense anyway. We wonder about tracking numbers but how about those we have sold items to and sent emails to with tracking numbers and who still fail to collect their parcels and they get returned to the Seller, most of these never contact the Seller.

A whole lot more than sense :whistling:

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

I love leaving spaces in between the tracking numbers ,( you cant just copy and paste then, into the sapo enquiry box ) but I only do that on the second request for BOB buyers , all my other mail customers are old farts like myself and it makes it easier to read without hunting for glasses .

AppleBerry    10
AppleBerry

Since posting this i have received 5 requests from Buyers asking for their tracking numbers so i am really confused because why do some people receive the emails and others don't.

What i started doing now is CC myself in the mail so i know if receive it then my mail is working. The only thing i think it could be is my mails are probably being checked as spam and depending on the spam filter setting my mails are maybe deleted.

Edited by AppleBerry

voldermort    10
voldermort
Since posting this i have received 5 requests from Buyers asking for their tracking numbers so i am really confused because why do some people receive the emails and others don't.

What i started sing now is CC myself in the mail so i know if receive it then my mail is working. The only thing i think it could be is my mails are probably being checked as spam and depending on the spam filter setting my mails are maybe deleted.

Are you sending the tracking numbers via the BoB messaging system, if so then they should all be receiving their mails.

Remember also that sending tracking numbers via BoB also serves as proof that you did indeed send the item when stated.

Incidentally I am almost 100% sure that a few buyers just don't bother reading their emails at all, (as Wayjen said some of them are far too busy with other things) thus you have the occasional buyer asking for tracking numbers weeks down the line......when they do this I just copy and paste the original message sent through BoB and resend it again.

AppleBerry    10
AppleBerry

I email them from outlook 2010 but i do that as it is easier to track the mails.

If a buyer requests the tracking number i Save the original message to the desktop and then attached it to the reply, this way they can see the exact date and time it was sent.

I use the BOB system to confirm payments but even with that i still get emails an hour or two later asking me if i have received payment when i confirmed payment within 5 minutes after getting it.

Edited by AppleBerry

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
I email them from outlook 2010 but i do that as it is easier to track the mails.

If a buyer requests the tracking number i Save the original message to the desktop and then attached it to the reply, this way they can see the exact date and time it was sent.

I use the BOB system to confirm payments but even with that i still get emails an hour or two later asking me if i have received payment when i confirmed payment within 5 minutes after getting it.

I think with the problem you seem to be having it would be wise to send the tracking number via the Bob system.

I never have a problem with buyers saying they never received a tracking number.

If you end up with a bad rating you have proof the mail was sent.

This makes life easier for Bob because if there are discrepencies Bob can see all your correspondence

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi

I agree with geewhiz.

I only use the bob message system as that records the tracking number on the SELLERS order and is easy to reference if someone does ask for the number.

I sell 100 plus items a week and that equates to a lot of parcels and tracking numbers-I never get any requests for tracking numbers and dont have a negative or neutral in over 12 000 transcations so the bob message system does work.

The odd request is obviously from a buyer that has deleted his emails without recording the tracking number and then requires notification again.

If bob could somehow have that message from the seller placed on the buyers order it will be wonderful as at the moment it only shows on the sellers order and the buyer gets the email.The buyer will then have to access his buying order and read our message there instead in an email form.

So come on MAC-If any others feel thats a good idea lets make it happen this year?

NEIL

wayjen    10
wayjen

We must not forget that some emails end up in peoples SPAM boxes due to the settings and service providers. It would be a wonderful thing if all emails sent via BoB or our own personal email accounts had an automatic reply system telling us that the recipient has read the email.