Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Am I losing the plot?

Cali Craft and Gems

Please review the below listing:

Tanzanites - TANZANITE 4mm x 3mm oval facets (Africa) - 20 pieces available was sold for R26.00 on 13 Jan at 20:01 by Cali Craft and Gems in Oudtshoorn (ID:54837066)

Buyer is now claiming that I owe her a total of 20 Tanzanites - for the sum total of R26! (for the record she bid for "1")

How do I tackle this?

She is already complaining that I have not sent her a tracking number, but she has not even paid!

PS. She now sends me an email stating: "I am going to fax the proof of payment for the 20 tanzanites Product code CB13/745"

So she send a fax - a blank page!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems
PS note

TS Ron

No you clearly not loosing the plot as it clearly states 1@26.00 where once again the buyer did not understand the bid did not ask any questions good luck with sorting this out:mad:

Seeds for Africa
Please review the below listing:

Tanzanites - TANZANITE 4mm x 3mm oval facets (Africa) - 20 pieces available was sold for R26.00 on 13 Jan at 20:01 by Cali Craft and Gems in Oudtshoorn (ID:54837066)

Buyer is now claiming that I owe her a total of 20 Tanzanites - for the sum total of R26! (for the record she bid for "1")

How do I tackle this?

She is already complaining that I have not sent her a tracking number, but she has not even paid!

PS. She now sends me an email stating: "I am going to fax the proof of payment for the 20 tanzanites Product code CB13/745"

So she send a fax - a blank page!

Dont stress - I had a buyer today who was dissapointed. He thought for R10 he was getting 1 000 packs of seeds with a thousand seeds in each. His dissapointment was that he got 1 pack with 1 000 seeds in it!

Lukeness

Your listing is very clear about the quantity in both the heading and the body. A buyer could only be confused by the quantity of they really didn't bother to read your listing.

I bet she put the paper in the fax machine facing the wrong way.

lilythepink

Cali, like I said before - I hope you're keeping a diary of all the oddities that seem to come your way. It will be a best-seller and keep you wealthy in your golden years!

Cali Craft and Gems

LOL @ Lily... today's saga is bound to take the cake... (where do I find these buyers?)

A buyer purchased an item from me in March 2011. His parcel is returned to me "unclaimed" so I send him an email notifying him of the procedure on 6 May 2011. Zero reply or response from the buyer. After six months I open the parcel, relist the item and it sells again (for peanuts) and the new buyer is happy with the purchase.

Now on 25 January 2012, I get an email from the first buyer wanting to know if his parcel is still available. I reply stating that after 6 months the item was relisted. He quickly replies that he now wants to be refunded!

What do I do? (I have not replied to his second email yet as I have no idea which way to turn!)

PS. If your item is returned to the seller / supplier (ie retail store) and by example handed in for repair or inspection (or whatever reason), if it is not collected / resent within a certain timeframe, it is resold to defray costs. As we are not a holding company or storage facility (albeit a small parcel), does the same principle apply?

MiemsJewels

That's the reason why I rather keep ALL my unclaimed parcels. There will allways be an odd one out. I had this one guy who's parcel were returned unclaimed to me last year. Heard nothing of him after numerous e-mails. He bid on some my items again last week and won. So I send the unclaimed parcel along with his new order. I had one very, very sattisfied buyer! :whistling:

voldermort

I agree with Miems, I keep unclaimed parcels for at least 2 years before relisting them. I had a buyer purchase an item in January 2008 & in July 2009 eventually decided to ask for it to be returned.......perhaps some of them hope to get their money back (bad times etc) but if you still have the parcel on hand they have no choice but to accept it.

In this case though I would suggest you do a refund otherwise you will probably get a negative (remember you have a year after purchase to do a rating)

lilythepink

I am still holding onto an unclaimed parcel (unopened) which has a candle in it and was sold in 2010. I think that buyer must have died because I am yet to hear from him!

Cali, I guess you could charge "storage" fees till date of sale to the second buyer, and deduct them (with bank charges and costs of advertising, if any) to the original buyer. I think this would hold up in law. I do not recall the CPA laying down any conditions in a situation like this.

And, yes, I cannot help but wonder where you find these difficult buyers!!!

Mustlovebooks

The buyer didn't read the listing properly. It clearly states: QUANTITY 20 left - sold individually.

I hope she will understand and admit that the mistake is hers - good luck.

Cali Craft and Gems

And as suspected, I received a nice fat neutral rating for the listing...

I replied to her rating with:

"You bought ONE gemstone and received ONE gemstone! YOU have to READ the listing to see what you bought! I even emailed you to confirm your quantity!"

Where on earth do I find these buyers? Am I a "troublesome buyer" magnet or what? LOL

oaks and acorns
Where on earth do I find these buyers?

On a curious note and in the interest of research, how many of 'these buyers' pay/have paid with credit cards?

Cali Craft and Gems

@Dreamstone - the buyers that give the most grief are usually EFT payers surprisingly! Rarely have any hiccups with credit card buyers...