Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Hot Dealz

What to do????????????????

7 posts in this topic

Please can somebody advise what I should do here.

I received a negative rating, which in my opinion is totally unfair and unjust.

Other Party & Festive Supplies - Jointed Cowboy Figure (97cm) was sold for R25.00 on 9 Jan at 15:51 by OddsanEnds in Johannesburg (ID:53546467)

This item and 2 others were ordered on 9/01/2012. Payment made on 10/01/2012. Acknowledgement and thank you for order sent to buyer on 12/01/2012. Goods posted on 16/01/2012 and e-mailed tracking number to buyer on 17/01/2012. Buyer collected parcel from PO on 19/01/2012.

As per my listing, all goods will be shipped within 5 working days from date of payment.

I have sent this buyer numerous e-mails reminding her of these terms and since I kept to my terms of sale, that she should please change her negative rating.

She has to date totally ignored me. I have not rated her yet on these 3 items, and don't want to revenge rate, but I also don't think this is fair.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. And if you think her rating is just, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Marlene

Hi

Send an email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za to appeal the rating

State the following :

1) My terms are 5 working days from cleared payment. Payment made on the 10th, order confirmed on the 12th (attach copy of confirmation email or if it was sent through the bob mail system, indicate this). Good shipped WITHIN my terms of 5 working days on the 16th (scan and attach a copy of the post office receipt.

2) Buyer notified of tracking number on the 17th (attach copy of email or if it was sent through the bob mail system, indicate this).

I do think its unjustified as you have stuck to your terms and kept the buyer informed. Dont expect the buyer to reply, my experience is they never do.

Good luck!

Not sure why this buyer has given you a negative, 'Buyers Remorse' perhaps?:wondering:

Why don't you invite this person to the forum, give them the link to this thread, sometimes this helps to change peoples minds once they see that they are under discussion, and the facts are clearly laid out.

OddsanEnds,

I do think you should appeal to BoB to have the rating removed as seeds for africa has mentioned.

Just one note on you listings: You are obliged, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, to delete a bid if so requested by a buyer prior to the auction closing so I suggest you reconsider your terms and conditions in your listings.

OddsanEnds,

I do think you should appeal to BoB to have the rating removed as seeds for africa has mentioned.

Just one note on you listings: You are obliged, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, to delete a bid if so requested by a buyer prior to the auction closing so I suggest you reconsider your terms and conditions in your listings.

On that note I'm not really sure why it is such an issue to delete a bid if buyer requests this, as not deleting the bid is just going to lead to bad feelings & possible negative ratings. I understand once an item is sold, that's it, it is sold & if no payment is forthcoming pull out all the stops, snc etc etc but when it is still only bid on there really should be no issue at all about deleting the bid if asked to do so.

Just my opinion, anyway

I agree. By not deleting a bid, the effort you have to go through to sort out SNC's and refunds is just not worth it. Not sure what BoB's stance is in a case where a buyer requests a bid to be deleted and the seller does not comply? Does the seller still get charged the success fees etc. if it can be proved that a request was made timeously by the buyer?

I would imagine that if buyer asks for bid to be deleted & seller does not comply, leading to non payment & a snc, buyer could & probably would then appeal the snc & if they can show that they asked timeously for the bid to be deleted, BoB would most probably rule in favour of the buyer (which to my way of thinking, would be correct)

Seems a very big rigmarole whereas a seller could just be nice & delete the bid right at the beginning :wondering:

@ Seeds for Africa

Thank you for your sound advice, I will do so.

@ Donovink

Thanks for your reply and advice. I know the CPA states that I must delete the bid and I would have done it anyway, had someone requested it. I will remove that from my T&C's.

@ Kyle2

She ignores me anyway, so how do I get her to come to the forum. I'll just follow the route that Seeds for Africa suggested and hope for the best.

I am pretty new to selling on BOB and don't want to make enemies before I've even started.

Thanks again for all your advice. I'm almost 65 years old and still, never too old to learn.