Sign in to follow this  
nicodium

georgefurn

nicodium    10
nicodium

Hey guys

So i won a auction on bidorbuy on the 23d of November last year.

ITEM LINK

I received the item 2 december . The unit I got was a wifi only, not 3G as stated on the site. Also, I received the unit only, no cables, no packaging.

I spoke to the woman - USERNAME and she said if I courier it back to her, she would refund me.

She received the unit on 7 December. I also see she has sold a transformer on the 7th, just like the one I sent her back, wifi only. ( I only assume this is the same one ).

After that I was told it needs to go in for a inspection, and it should take 5 business days.

After that I was told that there was a problem with her ipods or something and she has to build up funds to give me a refund. So I am confused, I do not know what her Ipods has to do my transformer deal. Apparantly she has told bidorbuy that she has a problem, relating to her ipods again.

Since then I have been struggeling to get my money out of this person.

She has given me alot of excuses, and it all leads to nothing.

What can I do?

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Hi'

If it is advertised as 3g and it isn't what you paid for you should get your money back.

Email community watch.

How can she not have the money she took from you? It is Sales 101 to always make sure that your customer is happy with the products they have received before you spend the loot.

Ps. Being a gadget freak myself...If you are going to spend that kinda money i would suggest you do proper research on the model before you place a bid in the future and not always take the sellers word for it.:cool:

Edited by ATOMICSQUIRREL

xxlgames    10
xxlgames

Scammed as well!

I payed for an iPod touch 8GB) on 2 December 2011. I have received nothing but empty promises so far. Quite a few buyers bought iPods from her and have not received anything. Apparently the seller is trying to sell other items to repay all the people she took money from, but she currently have no items listed to sell on BOB! This seller is obviously trying to pull a fast one and I honestly think BOB management should look into this.

georgefurn    10
georgefurn

A story always has 3 sides to it . . .

Good day

I feel it necessary to also give my side to the story and will do so by copying an e-mail sent to bidorbuy when this whole saga started :

"I have finally resolved the fiasco with the previous problem I had as a result of a mistake I made by listing goods on behalf of another person, by making the last refund last week, but now another problem has emerged.

I have been losing parcels - presumably through SAPO, for the past 6 weeks or so. It was nothing serious, a gps unit here, water slide there, which I thought was due to negligence on the part of SAPO and replaced the items as it came to my attention.

During last week's Crazy Wednesday Auctions, however, I had some Apple ipods on auction, which was also advertised in the Newsletter, with the result that quite a few items were listed.

As a result of these sales, I had 12 parcels, some of which contained multiple items, which had to be sent via Speedservices on Friday.

Now, I make use of a service to do my posting, as I cannot attend to it myself, and on Monday, when one after the other complaint started coming in from buyers that they did not receive their overnight parcels, I contacted the service and it then came out that an employee stole these parcels and I can now only assume that the parcels that I previously lost, was only his "test-drives" before the huge hit. This employee has now also disappeared.

So, this is unfortunately not the end of my troubles. On Monday I then placed another order with the supplier for another 20 ipods, in order to fulfill my obligations towards the buyers, and also informed the buyers of the problem.

The parcel was supposed to have arrived on Tuesday already, but even until today I have not received it. This has lead to empty promises to buyers as I have to keep telling them I might receive it the following day. I also tried to get the supplier to post directly to the buyers, but he keeps telling me that he will get more stock tomorrow and tomorrow it is tomorrow again, so that leads to more empty promises to buyers.

Needless to say and one cannot blame them, the buyers are now getting restless. I have to say, some of them have been extremely helpful and understanding, but there are a few that are seriously concerned, especially as the negative ratings started piling in.

I have already started making refunds to the buyers who are not prepared to wait any longer, but there are one specific buyer, who by now does not even trust me enough to send through her banking details for the refund - she even phoned the service (I provided all buyers with a confirmatory letter from the service to explain what has happened) to establish whether or not they were real, which was obviously easily confirmed.

Another buyer refuses to accept a refund and insists on the product, which I am having serious problems in obtaining.

Still, unfortunately, this is not the end of my problems, as I started a 5 day workshop today, running from 08:00-17:00, where cellphones are not allowed, with the effect that I am unable to immediately reply to enquiries from concerned buyers and to even answer my phone when they try to reach me. Obviously this does nothing to comfort the concerned buyers.

I just wanted to inform you of the situation, as I can see that this matter is now getting more serious than I initially thought and might take longer to resolve than anticipated.

I want to apologise for making my problem yours, as my bidorbuy dream is very fast turning into my worst nightmare, but I feel confident that I can sort it out, given the opportunity to do so."

I have been trying my best since then to sort this matter out and slowly but surely I am succeeding, having already arranged for credit with some of my suppliers in order to obtain stock - my cash flow has been demolished by this entire saga - in order to be in a position to sell, make a profit and use the profit to refund the buyers. This was however, made more difficult due to the fact that most suppliers closed for the festive season and only re-opened recently.

Surely, if I wanted to "scam" anybody, I would have disappeared from the face of the earth and not have given weekly updates to the buyers waiting for refunds to show my good faith.

I am sure Pieter (XXLGAMES) can confirm that he is currently receiving weekly updates and that his e-mails do not go unanswered. I am doing what I can to rectify this situation, which was caused by circumstances beyond my control.

Nicodium (Heinrich) is a bit of a different story, but I am unable to comment on this matter, due to the fact that it has been handed over to my attorney for further attention.

I have never tried to make excuses and accept full responsibility for any and all mistakes that have been made, but I have been trying from the onset to rectify this matter as fast and as amicably as possible.

Fortunately, there have been some wonderful support from most of the buyers, such as this response received from a buyer, and I would like to publicly thank TJ, as well as several other buyers for their support herein, it is much appreciated :

"I (4U2watch) am so sorry that you have to face the new year with this burden. Therefore I would like to make things as easy for you as possible by means of either refunding (whenever it suits you) or to still supply the goods (whenever you are capable to do so).

Furthermore, I am not in any hurry so attend to the other buyers first.

Hope that brings you some kind of relief.

Kind regards

TJ"

I also have to thank the team at bidorbuy for their kind assistance herein, I realise that this entire ordeal is also adding to your already extensive work-load and hope that you know that I appreciate it.

Edited by georgefurn
Added thanks

DW1983    10
DW1983

None of the above explains why nicodium is still waiting for a refund. He informed you of the fact that your product was not as advertised on the 2nd of December and you had it back by the 7th for some sort of "inspection" that would take 5 days. Owning a Transformer myself I know for a fact that all that it'll take about a minute to figure this out by looking at the box, or 2 minutes if you need to look for the sim slot. 5 days is completely unacceptable and smacks of delay tactics in refunding his money.

Nicodium is now in a situation where you still have both his money and the item (or not if the sale on 7th you conducted was in fact his returned unit) almost 2 months down the line. I'm sorry, but doing business this way is going to land you in trouble eventually and coming clean from the beginning with Nicodium (and all other buyers) should have been priority no. 1.

In addition you cannot expect people to take your claims about the SAPO and your "service" as gospel as it just appears to be an attempt at shifting blame and buying yourself more time when they are faced with a situation like this. All I see here is excuse after excuse justifying a situation that should be your priority at the moment, if only purely to keep yourself free of an fraud charges.

I hope that after this you take the time to be straight with other customers, don't attempt to sell stock you do not have (already against BoB as far as I know), avoid misrepresenting the specifications of your items (where mistakenly or purposely) or conducting a business where you can only honour the refund of an item if your other items sell (i.e. spending your profits before they are in fact yours).

Edited by DW1983

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Without pointing fingers or accusing anybody, I must just say the following. I find it very hard to believe that one person has been losing their parcels through SAPO for the past 6 weeks. I have been dealing on BoB for the past 2 years full time and have only had 1 parcel (speed services) lost in transit. I think it would be very honourable to have the tracking numbers made available so that the buyers of the said items can see for themself that the parcel had in actual fact been posted and been lost in the post. Also, if insurance had been taken out, a claim can be made against the post office for the loss thereof. A claim number can be obtained from the post office and also made available to the buyers. Just my opinion...

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

missing goods

If I read correctly , the goods were taken before getting to the SAPO , if so ,, a tracking number wont help , have charges been made against the driver who presumably took the goods , if so send customers the charge docket number .if no charges have been made for the theft of items ,, why not?

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

"1. I have been losing parcels - presumably through SAPO, for the past 6 weeks or so. It was nothing serious, a gps unit here, water slide there, which I thought was due to negligence on the part of SAPO and replaced the items as it came to my attention.

2. During last week's Crazy Wednesday Auctions, however, I had some Apple ipods on auction, which was also advertised in the Newsletter, with the result that quite a few items were listed. As a result of these sales, I had 12 parcels, some of which contained multiple items, which had to be sent via Speedservices on Friday. Now, I make use of a service to do my posting, as I cannot attend to it myself, and on Monday, when one after the other complaint started coming in from buyers that they did not receive their overnight parcels, I contacted the service and it then came out that an employee stole these parcels and I can now only assume that the parcels that I previously lost, was only his "test-drives" before the huge hit. This employee has now also disappeared."

@mrmouse, if I read this correcly (and I certainly hope I did, otherwise it's an "oepsie") there is two different issues here. Please help me here.,

Also, I fully agree that charges should have been made against the driver as any form of document, parcel, or whatever, is signed for by the person collecting or delivering. Where is the paper trail confirming the alleged theft (cannot be called theft as there are no formal charges).

LokiMART    10
LokiMART
None of the above explains why nicodium is still waiting for a refund. He informed you of the fact that your product was not as advertised on the 2nd of December and you had it back by the 7th for some sort of "inspection" that would take 5 days. Owning a Transformer myself I know for a fact that all that it'll take about a minute to figure this out by looking at the box, or 2 minutes if you need to look for the sim slot. 5 days is completely unacceptable and smacks of delay tactics in refunding his money.

Nicodium is now in a situation where you still have both his money and the item (or not if the sale on 7th you conducted was in fact his returned unit) almost 2 months down the line. I'm sorry, but doing business this way is going to land you in trouble eventually and coming clean from the beginning with Nicodium (and all other buyers) should have been priority no. 1.

I agree. The nicodium situation is outrageous; especially if the returned unit has been resold. I mean...wow :shock:

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

By George, send your story to George Lucas maybe he can make a movie out of it.

nicodium    10
nicodium

In addition you cannot expect people to take your claims about the SAPO and your "service" as gospel as it just appears to be an attempt at shifting blame and buying yourself more time when they are faced with a situation like this. All I see here is excuse after excuse justifying a situation that should be your priority at the moment, if only purely to keep yourself free of an fraud charges.

I hope that after this you take the time to be straight with other customers, don't attempt to sell stock you do not have (already against BoB as far as I know), avoid misrepresenting the specifications of your items (where mistakenly or purposely) or conducting a business where you can only honour the refund of an item if your other items sell (i.e. spending your profits before they are in fact yours).

Exactly. Can Petro please clarify this for us.

All I see is a long winded explanation from her, that STILL after all this time, does not give me a straight answer.

Oh, and she is now threatening a court case against me, because in my rating I accuse her of being a thief. She has my money, and the product, and refuses to give me a refund or a straight answer, my rating is a warning to others to not fall into the same trap.

Here is a email response after bringing this up with bidorbuy:

Original Message

----------------

Subject: [#SUO-217-44504]: georgefurn

I have not once called her from a anonymous number, I have texted and emailed her, only between 8am-5pm, and the few times I have called her, she has not been available. I have once sent her a thinly veiled threatening email, only after exhausting all my other options to get a response from this seller. This is another petty attempt to stall for time, and make me look like the bad guy.

The bottom line is - georgefurn has R4000 of my money, she has falsely advertised a item I bought from her, and she has lied to me with all the excuses changing every day.

So Petro, if you really want to go down this court case route with me, please send me your attorney details. I will then have to open a fraud case against you, seems like that is the only option left.

Who here thinks I am in the wrong? Can the mods give some input?

Edited by admin
Removed email - not allowed

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

...and the law is not kind to fraudsters, that's right up there with rape and murder.:shock:

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

what im saying is , if SAPO has taken delivery , and items are insured , you can claim from SAPO , if a private person has collected and promised to take to SAPO and has dissapeared with the parcels , you have a problem if he cant be found , the company he works for will have his details , report him to the SAP and get a case number to substantiate your claims of loss of items .but once again its really not the customers problem as according to SA CPA rules its the sellers responsibility untill the customer has recieved the goods .

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Good day Bennet

There is currently a civil claim and possibly a criminal case against this

buyer, as he has defamed me and is also harassing me at all times of the

night and day with anonymous phone calls and threatening e-mails.

The matter is therefor now sub iudice and the buyer will not be refunded at

this time, leaving it in the hands of the court.

A civil claim against the buyer is totally different to the commercial transaction the seller and buyer entered into. The seller cannot withold the funds on the basis that she is suing the buyer for defamation or for threats made against her. Any attorney advising the seller that funds can be withehld for a commercial transaction against a civil transaction is misleading their client. This looks to me like a stalling tactic! Maybe I look at things far too simply :

1) If the mail was stolen before reaching the post office, inform the buyers of the individuals name, ID number and the criminal case docket number with the Investigating officers name and contact number.

2) If the mail was stolen after being submitted to the post office, send the buyers copies of the post office parcel receipt where the tracking number will be and copies of the claim forms, - the post office do give receipts for these?

I dont see it as being more complicated then this and a whole lot less stress for all buyers and the seller as they will then have a concise picture of what is happenning.

Edited by Seeds for Africa

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

georgefurn quote "A story always has 3 sides to it"

I always understood there to be 2 sides-the truth and the untruth.

The 3rd side is usually the murky explanations which the seller will be well advised to avoid and good advice will be to resolve the issues to the buyers satisfaction as that is priority.

Neil

nicodium    10
nicodium

BUMP for answers

Maybe a comment from Qball aswell plz

Nubbi    10
Nubbi

report her to bidorbuy and let them sort it out they are very good at it

qball    10
qball

Unfortunately this is a tricky situation, the seller has been in constant contact with us regarding these issues, but it is her responsibility to resolve all outstanding orders, either by supplying the goods or refunding buyers if they request this. Their ability to sell has been restricted until this is resolved. Regarding the civil matter, we believe the seller should refund the buyer regardless and have advised her of this.

nicodium    10
nicodium
Unfortunately this is a tricky situation, the seller has been in constant contact with us regarding these issues, but it is her responsibility to resolve all outstanding orders, either by supplying the goods or refunding buyers if they request this. Their ability to sell has been restricted until this is resolved. Regarding the civil matter, we believe the seller should refund the buyer regardless and have advised her of this.

Thank you qball, I am awaiting a reply from her and her lawyer regarding this civil case, and still a answer about my refund which is taking now 42 days since she has had the unit and sent it for inspection.

bender2008    10
bender2008

Hi QBal

I also have an outstanding refund you guys are not getting joy with either - but the seller is still trading happily? Is there a rule or such on how many days before you stop them trading. This is the Technopro bunch as you know.

Thanks

qball    10
qball
Hi QBal

I also have an outstanding refund you guys are not getting joy with either - but the seller is still trading happily? Is there a rule or such on how many days before you stop them trading. This is the Technopro bunch as you know.

Thanks

This is at our discretion, after we have reviewed the situation. The seller you refer to is a tradefeed partner, we have never had any issues with them or their account prior to this. We are busy getting in touch with the seller to find out what is happening with the refund and will contact you with feedback shortly. At this stage there is nor eason to suspect fraud or to stop this seller from trading, this is a last resort if we get no joy from the seller in question.

sjbs    10
sjbs

Purchasing a camera from GeorgeFurn - Have I been taken for a Ride by GeogeFurn....

OK, so I win a deal for a Digital Compact - PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-ZS5 CAMERA was sold for R462.00 on 16 Nov at 22:01 by georgefurn in George (ID:50785531)in "excellent condition" on 16 Nov 2011.

On 17 Nov 2011 I quickly place the order and make the payment promptly within the specified time of the auction. I even received a quick positive rating and "A+++ buyer. Thank you for your support. " feedback on 21 Nov 2011 along with the tracking number.

So far so good. Or that is what I thought....

I picked up the camera from the post office the morning of the 25 Nov 2011. The package was very small. Just the camera wrapped in a couple layers of bubble-wrap. Not a problem, the camera looks good.

Unfortunately it does not switch on. OK the battery must be flat...Maybe it charges via USB like most items. After leaving it with the USB cable attached for the whole day, NOTHING

This is when I started to write to Petro for assistance on the . The response was almost immediate. Within 1 minute I have received a "I am just out of the office at the moment. Will check on it and report back to you this afternoon when I return."

Sure, we are all busy. It should not be a problem. After a further couple mails as reminders I received the response on 26 Nov 2011: "I have checked everything in my stock list and it was supposed to have a charger. I am just trying to contact my assistant to find out what happened with your order, as I also cannot find the charger here. I will let you know as soon as I have a certain answer."

Another 2 days pass, and after more reminders from me I finally receive a response again on 28 Nov 2011: "The pack list shows a charger, but obviously, if you did not receive it, that is not possible. So, I can either offer you a universal charger, or that you return the item for a refund." I responded quickly that same day with "Please send me a charger suitable for the camera. Another gereric make would be fine, as long as it is suitable to the battery." I really thought that this will now be resolved, after I have received the encouraging note "Will do so tomorrow."

Two days go past and I get restless on 30 Nov 2011 and I ask: "Could you ship the charger yet? If so, please send me the tracking number?". Unfortunately, the following is the reply: "Sorry was stuck in court, will send overnight"

No tracking number was send through, however a week later on 6 Dec 2011 I receive something in the post. It is a really poor quality universal cell charger that also got damaged in the post.. The movable contacts broke off.Chargers - PENERGY SUPER UNIVERSAL CHARGER - COMPATIBLE WITH ALL CELL PHONES! was sold for R1.00 on 8 Mar at 18:16 by rapidtradings in Cape Town (ID:33971098)

OK, lets try and contact Petro again. I send her the following mail to help: "

Hi Petro, I have picked up the parcel today. Unfortunately the charger got damaged in the post, but it is unlikely that it would have worked due to the Voltage. See the link below for a generic charger for the camera battery (The best price I would find up to now): Digital Camera Battery Travel Charger with Car Adapter for Panasonic BCG10, South Africa - DinoDirect.com See the voltage required is 4.2V@ 600mA where as the charger sent can only produce 3.7V@250mA. Image of Digital Camera Battery Travel Charger with Car Adapter for Panasonic BCG10 (4/15) , South Africa - DinoDirect.com

Due to no reply, I resent this mail to her on 6 Dec, 9 Dec and 12 Dec 2012. Unfortunately no reply. I decide to order the charger myself and receive it from China on 2 Jan 2012. The battery charged and everything looked fine to put it into the camera

The camera came on and then froze. After numerous attempts, I had to remove the battery to get it off. On reinstallation - nothing. Eventually I was able to make it reset and go off... Unfortunately, it could not go on.

I missed my son's birhtday pics due to this camera not wanting to work.

3 mails to GeorgeFurn in January have not yet resulted in any reply. That then resulted in a google for georgefurn and petro, just to find that I'm not alone in this.

Petro, I trust you will read this and responde as I would really like to close this case behind me.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Cuan - just my two cents worth but even a tradefeed partner can incur the wrath of buyers on BoB.

What makes a tradefeed partner less susceptible to the rules about selling?

qball    10
qball
Cuan - just my two cents worth but even a tradefeed partner can incur the wrath of buyers on BoB.

What makes a tradefeed partner less susceptible to the rules about selling?

Actually nothing - this is the first complaint we have ever received about that particular seller - it depends on the circumstances. Generally speaking, trade feed partners are established businesses, with good track records and reliable suppliers.