Sign in to follow this  
Diva By Design

Neutral ratings because SAPO lost a parcel

Diva By Design    10
Diva By Design

I'm just completely miffed right now. The buyer and I communicated via email, and after we both failed to track the parcel I refunded him the cost of the items AND his postage fees. Heck, I even went so far as to let him know the parcel is missing (he didn't even know at that stage) and I promised him a full refund if the parcel didn't show at the end of the month. He never let me know! He chose the rating system to inform me that the parcel never showed up. So I contacted him to do the refund (2 weeks ago already!) and we reached an amicable conclusion. I didn't even have to refund his postage, but I did it anyway because I felt it was fair. Yet, he still gave me neutral ratings! For something that was just completely beyond my control. This is - I just ... I'm speechless and frustrated; I work so hard on good customer service - guess I should be thankful it wasn't a negative rating.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Diva. I know you are hurting but just wait another day or two and then contact your buyer again, with a really pleasant email explaining the situation to him calmly and telling him that a neutral rating is hurting you because it was the PO's fault and not yours that the item went missing.

Many buyers, especially relative new ones on BoB, don't seem to understand the rating system at all! And if he persists in leaving a neutral rating, ask BoB to step in and just remove it (but give them all proof of the transaciton). I don't know if BoB worry too much about neutrals but there is no harm in trying to get their help if all else fails. Good luck.

retailrush    10
retailrush

So sorry to hear about your neutral rating when it was for something so clearly out of your hands.

As Lily says, wait a couple of days and then point out to the Buyer that the rating system is so that, (among other things), he/she can give his/her perception of the service he received from the Seller (not the SAPO)... and you as the Seller went out of your way to put things right.

brad112    10
brad112

If you have refunded the buyer in full you are entitled to file a SNC "Seller refunded buyer in full" to recover the success fees charged, once you have filed the SNC the rating will be gone!

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

Hi Diva,

The buyer should have paid for insurance, if they chose not to add insurance to the order then it's their loss and should not be yours. SAPO insurance covers lost parcels. Also, I've found that tracking parcels online sometimes appear as if the tracking numbers are non existent - it's always better to contact 0860111502 to track parcels. You'll also find that in most cases of lost parcels the parcel may be sitting at the location hub. Also always make sure to add your return address on the parcel. As for the neutral rating, I'm sure BoB will assist in this regard - the buyer did not specify in their rating that the parcel was lost, yet that they've not received their order (which makes it sound like it was not sent)

Diva By Design    10
Diva By Design

Thank you everyone. I was a bit emotional last night, but I feel better about it today. He's not a new buyer and he's one of the good ones; I guess that's why the neutral ratings came as such a surprise. He did pay for insurance btw, so giving him a refund is justified. To be honest, I forgot to add the insurance; and let him know the second I realized what I did, that is why I felt giving him the refund was the right thing to do (I know, so stupid of me; but shouldering the cost was the right thing to do in this case). I see he did change one of the ratings to a positive in the mean time, so I'm sure if I ask him about the other 3 he'll change them.

I never knew trying to find a parcel through the PO would be such a mission. All the parcels sent that day seemed to get "stuck" at the same hub but in reality they all made their way to the buyers' post offices; all my buyers did receive their parcels except him. They had a technical problem with their track and trace system over the Christmas period, and even though the parcels moved, T&T never picked it up. I've spoken to my PO, he tried at his PO, I filled in forms and I phoned the 086 number without any joy. I have a feeling the parcel will make it's way back to me eventually.

Thanks again everyone. Last night (or rather early this morning) it hurt a bit, but I gained some perspective in the mean time :).