Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bender2008

Technopro - sellers and their unadvertised shipping prices

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone else experience this nonsense.

After ordering and paying the amount via paypal I was sent a shipping amount update to the invoice. I did not want to add this amount and we agreed to cancel the order. Now I receive this comment many days later implying fraud - remember that I have already received acknowledgement of the order being cancelled.

I have emails from the seller indicating their fraudulent intent. The last of which partially reads:

Seller: The refund will NOT be processed until such time the order is cancelled (SNC) on BidorBuy.

Now we all know this is not acceptable as the SNC I am forced to accept reads: We agreed not to proceed with the sale, with no payments, refunds or shipments due.

As I have not received the PayPal refund I cannot accept and proceed - Technopro is fraudulently withholding the funds via a circular argument. BEWARE

Some good advice - send all the relevant info through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and they will assist you in getting the matter sorted out.

It is illegal for people to hang on to your money and earn interest on it when it should be refunded to you immediately there is an agreement to cancel the sale!

Appeal the SNC as well & state your side..

Hi Bender2008,

I'm just curious as to what it was you bought. From what I can see all his shipping charges are clearly stated - R92.50 or R150 and anything over R1,000 or R2,500 is free.

You mention "unadvertised shipping prices". What did he try to charge you?

Hi

I can confirm that they sent an invoice after my PayPal purchase that indicated an additional Berco fee for +R700 was requried to complete the order. When I queried pointing out the same free shipping impression, they indicate large item to ship etc etc.

This is why I cancelled the order - I did not wish to spend against the increased invoice - already just under R7000.

To date - still no refund and no way for me to rate the seller in the normall manner and warn others. - how often do sellers slip past the reviews like this!?

Any event, I am already on the legal route. The rest - be warned.

I see another new negative rating indicating a money issue with Technopro again?

quote:Send mails and tried to phone seller. Payment made for an order and NO FEEDBACK or ITEM PAID FOR

Hi Kebs

The appeal won and now .... we wait. Still no response by Technopro to Me or BidorBuy community watch questions to resolve. Pure and simple a theft charge case. Beware of this technopro bunch.

Hi Kebs

The appeal won and now .... we wait.

Really??? We raised an SNC and the SNC is completed. So what exactly did you win??

Time to put the FACTS on the table. This gentleman/lady (yes people, he/she buys from you using the name Amanda Struwig, then he/she communicates with you as Keven, and guess what, he/she then pay you via PayPal using the name Ian Cambell. So bender2008, who are you really?

As for the shipping accusation: our shipping instructions are very clear

Shipping & Other Charges

Combined shipping allowed. Shipping rates below are for SMALLER items ONLY. Please contact us through the Q&A system on BIDORBUY to confirm shipping charges on large parcels BEFORE placing your order. Shipping and refunds: Orders normally ship within 5 (five) business days. Sorry, NO refunds.

This person did call our offices and we quoted him (a man introducing himself as Keven) a shipping charge for the item in question. AFTER this call he placed his order on BoB and insisted on free shipping.

I brought this multi personality issue to the attention of BoB as well as PayPal. I for one definitely do not wish to sell to someone who is hiding behind various assumed names and I am sure there are a number of you who will agree.

This is my first and last public communication regarding this person. I do not have neither the time nor the energy to argue with ghosts.

If any of you want to find out more about the FACTS behind what transpired during this transaction you re more than welcome to send me a private message.

One last thing, the e-mail used on PayPal (Ian Cambell) is also used by another BoB user called sceltobytes. The interesting twist is that bender2008 bought a number of products from sceltobytes and gave raving good reviews. Is this how we inflate our ratings?

I wonder....

Edited by TechnoPro

Hi TechnoPro

Perhaps it would be better if you created a seperate shipping rate for the large items. Although you do state that the shipping is for small items only, it seems pointless to advertise that particular shipping rate schedule on large items. You do have a free shipping rate, so adding an additional one makes sense.

As to the multiple personalities, I'm interested to see bender2000's response to that one. :wondering:

Pardon the intrusion confusion,but did bender pay for the item in question and if so who has the money??

Pardon the intrusion confusion,but did bender pay for the item in question and if so who has the money??

Yes I did pay and no Technopro is not responding to my or BidorBuy refund Queries that have been sent for a while now.

As to personalities - irrelevant to the theft. But to reply, Bertus of community watch followed up on your query and reinstated my account after confirming it as a non-issue - I have been around in the BoB community since 2008.

Again Technopro has no open order but is still withholding just under R7000 weeks after a cancelled order.

Absolutely no good excuse other than bad behavior all should be aware of.

Also note, Technopro is not negatively rated due to my SNC appeal win process disabling the rating button - a feature BoB should change to be fair. We have no idea how often this has happened before.

Generally speaking a SNC should only be filed after a refund has been processed. Please refund the buyer.

Thank you.