Sign in to follow this  
oaks and acorns

Prompts and Terms of Sale

oaks and acorns

Hi everyone, I've come across many posts about buyers not reading stuff properly in the listings, etc. and the resulting confusion and hassle for both parties, and so played around a bit to create a prompt for a Terms of Sale that does not allow the sale to go through unless the correct prompt is selected. I had to duplicate the prompt options in order to use the drop-down box but figured that the emphasis would serve the purpose anyway.

Accessories - Small Bookmark, Flower Daisy, Nickel for sale in East London (ID:54187325)

Critique and/or comments appreciated (and please DO NOT complete the sale, this is for demo purposes only)

TIA,

Liz

voldermort

It looks great however I still have to wonder if you will not get buyers who will select the wrong option?

Incidentally you have a lot of A's on the options, thought BoB had cleared this problem long ago?

Fashion Police

Awesome, very clever indeed. Love the example "I understand that I'm purchasing the bookmark and not the ruler as well" :amuse:

oaks and acorns

~a wave and hello smile at Fashion Police~ thanks, hope you find it useful :smile1:

Incidentally you have a lot of A's on the options, thought BoB had cleared this problem long ago?

Not sure what you mean there, voldermort... a lot of A's on the options? Are you saying that Bob has devised other ways to distinguish between the item for sale and the measurement device featured (an aid to the buyer's perception, e.g. size)?

It looks great however I still have to wonder if you will not get buyers who will select the wrong option?

When you ran the demo you'll have noticed that the only wrong option would be to select no option, which would then present you with the red asterix and error message. Well, that was the plan! Or did it take you to the shipping page even though no option was selected? [readies swatter in anticipation of bug]

voldermort

Have a look at all the unwanted A's....

POSTAL METHOD & RATESÂ

R35.00 (with tracking number) for Single or Combined Items not weighing more than 1kgR40.00 (with tracking number) for Single or Combined items weighing between 1 and 2kgR45.00 (with tracking number) for Single or Combined items weighing between 2 and 3kgÂ

2249990_111229155154_payment_set_51.gif  PAYMENT METHODPay using EFT (Internet banking) from any South African bank with fast confirmation from bidorbuy.

For cash deposits please add an additional R16.50 to your payment (EFT no additional charge).Â

Â

oaks and acorns

Thanks!!!

Edited and removed, other listings seem okay so not sure whether it's the edit or the prompt that caused them.

p.s. voldermort, the options for the Terms of Sale aren't found on the Description or Shipping & Payment pages though. You'll find it when clicking on Buy and Continue Checkout (on the Quantities & Options page)

Edited by oaks and acorns
clarity in cyberspace