Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TS Ron

To all the cat lovers! Pleeze watch this.

47 posts in this topic

Thanks Tricia, I was about to get Smudge and Tinkle certified as borderline psychos. After watching this they are really just average.

Favourite part is the little kitten sitting on the newspaper lecturing his rapt audience :smile1:.

How's little Smudgie doing?

Smudgie had her stitches out yesterday. And then went to the pub with us .... LOL. Will post photo of her passed out after a glass of red :grin:.

Smudge's 1st visit to the pub.

Image0298.jpg.df85f63f969d0a297dc765169f0a87c7.jpg

"I swear I'm holding the bar counter up"

Image0297.jpg.27f68b94b19f030c5d6bd3924257e9dd.jpg

"Talk to the hand"

What a laid-back child! I see that there are no hang-ups from the shock she had...

Mellow red I am sure these cats are addict to catnip we actually call it Kitty Dagga as I have noticed at times our cats that enjoyed it truly entertained us. Our tomcats do not like it at all. Although I have some in my garden the neighbourhood cats frequent the catnip.

Here is Merlin, the "poodle" cat! (Am still trying to get a picture of both him and Angus together!)

58f5a72d14743_XXX007.jpg.9b765af194b63e33deee68e3c71742e8.jpg

Aw Lil that is so sweet.

Here is Merlin, the "poodle" cat! (Am still trying to get a picture of both him and Angus together!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2470[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous!! He looks like my German Shepherd who goes: "pleeeeze don't take photos of me like this! The shame, the shame!"

Mellow red I am sure these cats are addict to catnip we actually call it Kitty Dagga as I have noticed at times our cats that enjoyed it truly entertained us. Our tomcats do not like it at all. Although I have some in my garden the neighbourhood cats frequent the catnip.

I think it was just the heat :toung:, no hallucinogenics involved. Lucky there are no photos of me.

Merlin has a very sore bum! From razor burn! He had to visit the vet this morning and is now on antibiotics. I am not amused and Merlin is furious (and sore).

Shame Lily it must be most embrassing even though it is a cat!

Merlin has a very sore bum! From razor burn! He had to visit the vet this morning and is now on antibiotics. I am not amused and Merlin is furious (and sore).

That is really not good - surely he should not have been shaved so near to the skin.

My thoughts exactly, mellow! I am spitting mad that he had to be injured like this. (Vet didn't charge for the consultation but we've had to pay R195.00 for an antibiotic injection, antibiotic tabs and some type of antibiotic lotion to apply. I am not amused!)

Shame Lily I do honestly hope that Angus gets well quite soon as it affects us as humans when the animal is not feeling well or is in pain.

Did anyone read the article on page 3 of today's "Die Burger" (PE issue)? If so, then you know why we had to make an emergency trip through to PE!

Trying desperately to get an electronic copy to load up on the forum.

Long story short, my mom has avoided being thrown in jail for "stealing" a cat that rocked up on our doorstep 6 months ago (major drama with police, etc).

Only problem now is that her ferals were so terrified with all the commotion and number of people barging into the cage and on the property, that the cats were severely stressed out. And the one kitty that was not too well was so stressed out that he passed away last night (treatable problem gone wrong).

Still looking for the article online...

Cali pm me your email address I shall scan the article for you and email it you. If you wish. Or I can post a link here for anyone else that is interested in reading the subject.

Edited by TS Ron

Cali here is the article. Enjoy reading it.

Mail0012.jpg.d88d330c7b63fb131c158bc6dcd9e13f.jpg

Thanks TSRon, but I've managed to buy an online copy. Herewith attached is the pic and accompanying article...

58f5a72d1a0e6_DieBurger2.jpg.8c267daff802b10336b2abfe3da4add9.jpg

58f5a72d1fa46_DieBurger1.jpg.0ea99459ca3ce6f8088246b855864474.jpg

Sadly the amount of lies that this so-called "owner" has told the police and the media is incredible!

Ultimately, the TRUTH is:

On Thurs 4 August, early afternoon, I eventually went outside my gates to attend to this kitten who had been wandering between our property and number 20 (next door) since early in the morning. I crouched down many meters away from the kitten and he came running to me. As there were new tenants at number 20 I assumed that it was their kitten and knocked on their door. I was informed by the tenant that they did not own a cat, only dogs.

I called for my mom to bring a kitty basket so that I could take the cat indoors safely and to think what to do next - the house is on a very busy road and I could not bear to risk leaving this little creature outside any longer. We closed him into the bathroom with water and food and he polished off a whole bowl of biscuits very quickly because he was starving.

I took a photo of him and placed a "found" article on the BoB forum, on Facebook through numerous animal welfare organisation sites including the PE lost & found, traffic site, my personal websites, etc plus we advertised in the newspaper for several weeks (the found ads are free). We went to all the supermarkets and cafes in the area (up to several km's away) and not one response in more than a month. During the same period, we were also following all possible media sources for any "lost" ads to no avail.

After the month had passed, my mom informed the AWS and Cat Care that no-one had come forward to claim the young cat and opted to put him up for adoption through an organisation. The matter was discussed and it was decided that my mom would keep him / adopt him as by that stage he had crept deep into our hearts.

My mom had him sterilised (he had been long overdue - it was obvious!) and he was named Sammy. Now if this cat was affectionate before he was doctored, you can only imagine how much more lovable he is now - I've never known such a stunning animal (personality wise, okay and looks!).

All was well until the we moved out and the tenants who are renting our PE house moved in (my best friend from 20+ years ago). Her cousin resides adjacent across the road and his wife came over to visit one evening and went out to the enclosure. She recognised the cat and then all hell broke loose! She promptly called her husband who then started accusing my mom of theft, etc.

As it turns out, HE had stolen the cat from somebody in Despatch sometime in July 2010 - he claims the cat was in the yard of an empty house, but later contradicted himself by stating that he picked the cat up off someone's verge. (he conveniently left this part of his story out to the police and media!) He has been threatening my mom verbally and intimidating her for more than a week. When the fourth set of cops arrived at her doorstep yesterday morning with the promise of having her arrested, she broke down completely. This is when I heard what was going on and dropped everything to get to PE as quickly as we could.

I managed to get hold of the policeman dealing with the matter and diffused the situation by filling in the blanks for him. He later called me back apologising for the manner in which he approached my mom that morning and went to her with an apology, etc. too. We managed to meet up with him this morning and so far all it better and quiet. The local animal inspectors have been out to the property on several occasions over the past few years (latest visits being this week) and they give their full approval of the enclosure and condition of the animals - apparently one of the best setups in PE!

As it turns out, the man behind the threats, etc had called the newspaper to enforce his trying to get my mom thrown into jail and to get the cats removed and destroyed (my mom had until 12noon on Thursday to hand over Sammy or she'd be arrested and the cats confiscated). This was the last straw for my mom and our family as things have not been easy since my Dad passed away suddenly coming up 3 years ago - the kitties were his "babies" and are now my Mom's - she is so protective of them and they get the best treatment, love and care that she can afford (very difficult considering my Dad's estate is still in limbo)!

With us being 400km away makes it very hard to try and deal with matters, but hopefully if all works out well, my Mom and gran should be relocating out of PE sometime in the next few months... they just have to find suitable premises somewhere out of PE and possibly closer to us in the Karoo.

I think one of the saddest parts of this entire saga is that one of the kitties died last night... RIP Mr Bond...

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

What a terrible story and so unnecessary. IF this previous "owner" was a genuine cat lover, surely he could have approached the situation very differently. First reaction should have been overwhelming relief that the cat was safe, loved and well looked after. Second should have been to consider whether is was best to allow the cat to continue enjoying the life he had grown used to. Third should have been to thank your mum for taking care of him and discussing the possibility of taking him back, including reimbursing her for the sterilization.

Something very weird going on here. Are you sure this was not just a ploy to get your mum's cat sanctuary shut down? It just seems like an unbelievable reaction to the whole situation.

Greatest respect and admiration for your mum. She is doing amazing stuff there taking in all the wild cats and providing such a perfect home for them. May she be blessed with a wonderful home where she and all the kitties can live peacefully.

My thoughts exactly, mellow! I am spitting mad that he had to be injured like this. (Vet didn't charge for the consultation but we've had to pay R195.00 for an antibiotic injection, antibiotic tabs and some type of antibiotic lotion to apply. I am not amused!)

This is also unbelievable Lil. My goodness, this was a professional person doing the grooming. Big hug to Merlin please.

Cali, I think the man who has caused so much trouble for your Mom (and been an indirect of Mr Bond's passing!) needs to be strung from the highest tree in PE, preferably by his balls!

Perhaps your Mom would consider getting an interdict against the man - it is tantamount to woman (and animal) abuse and if your Mom goes to visit the Magistrate who deals with domestic hassles, this interdict can be obtained without charge.

Merlin is well on the mend, I am glad to report. If he didn't need to be sedated by the vet before he gets his haircut, I would invest in some expensive clippers and do the job myself but, no, he has to be done at the vet's surgery. This is the first time in many, many years that I have ever encountered such a problem - usually our vet's assistant does a great job with grooming. (And she is feeling terribly upset at what she did to Merlin.) I guess accidents happen.

Shame - she must feel bad... I made bugger ups sometimes when clipping horses and felt terrible. Glad Merlin's on the mend.

And Cali, what an awful man! Totally peculiar/psychotic behaviour. Hope your poor mum's feeling better, he really gave her a fright and Lily is right - string him up! :mad: