Sign in to follow this  
Joshiii

Please stop LLLT from selling here

Joshiii

I bought a laserwand 7th december 2011, product was paid for via internet banking. False saponet tracking was provided, and to date no product, from his ratings I see he as about 33 sales where it was paid for and not delivered. This has refrained me from using BOB ever again as I calculate he has already made about 30 grand in not delivering items. If you know who he is, let me know.

Maybe BoB should in future make all sellers register with a fee up front to ensure less criminals use this site.

Edited by Joshiii

qball

Please send all details to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, we have already started handed details over. The seller is currently not able to sell on the site.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

kyle2

WoW. Reading those negative feedbacks is like watching a train crashing, gets worse and worse, the seller was doing OK up until November, I wonder what went wrong?:hm:

Honoris

What surprises me about BoB is that Sellers (and I suppose even Buyers) who drop below, for example 95%, are still allowed to trade! Surely this sets up all kinds of red flags? I think the idea of making Sellers deposit an amount equal to the retail amount of their goods is a great idea; it may weed out the bad guys and gals. Furthermore, I would love to be able to set some kind of Preferences so that I am able to buy only from South African suppliers. Buying from overseas suppliers is fraught with difficulties and, invariably, we all participate in some kind of illegal activity by doing so (for instance, false customs declarations, foreign exchange irregularities).

lilythepink

We are encouraged to notify BoB (communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za) immediately we see anything remotely suspicious. Don't hesitate if you see a need to do this as you will be helping others who use this site.

qball

Not necessarily. The rating system is often abused by both buyer and seller, so ratings are not always a truthful reflection of what has actually happened. Not only that, in many instances the user is not to blame for what has transpired. We look at the number of ratings, trading history, manner in which the user responds to the ratings etc. before taking a decision to restrict or close their account.

You have the choice of who you wish to purchase from - all you need to do is read the seller's description and shipping options. Many sellers are based locally and import or drop ship products. With the advent of the internet we can't simply discriminate against foreign users, many of whom are legitimate and reliable traders, who offer variety, good value for money and access to products that may not necessarily be available in SA. If a seller is under declaring values then this must be reported to us so we can take this up with the seller.

Seeds for Africa
What surprises me about BoB is that Sellers (and I suppose even Buyers) who drop below, for example 95%, are still allowed to trade!

Couldn't agree more!

I think the idea of making Sellers deposit an amount equal to the retail amount of their goods is a great idea; it may weed out the bad guys and gals.

That would eliminate fraud but, I cant see any seller depositing cash equal to their inventory value, and not sure of any site similar to bob where this has been implemented.

qball

No site accepts deposits for the value of goods to be sold, and in reality no seller can do this as most sellers simply do not have that cash flow as it's tied up in stock in most cases. What is being referred to here is a small minority of sellers. Most sellers are reliable, honest and trustworthy, we do not want to create barriers for the majority of legitimate users. Not only that, we would be acting as a bank, receiving funds, holding funds, then we have to continually receive and pay out funds, a further logistical and administrative nightmare... imagine if your inventory value was R500k, do you have that lying around to just deposit and let bidorbuy enjoy the interest? Would be nice for us, not for sellers though...

MiemsJewels
Couldn't agree more!

That would eliminate fraud but, I cant see any seller depositing cash equal to their inventory value, and not sure of any site similar to bob where this has been implemented.

Ja nee, wraggies! As ek soveel kontant deposito gehad het was dit nie vir my nodig om dag vir dag, week vir week, ure te spandeer om te lys en pakkies te pak nie!

ziggy2000

Wow, we can all dream about having extra cash like that lying around, the reality is that cash is used to buy stock so many sellers are not going to be able to make that deposit. Nice idea but not very practical.

Edited by ziggy2000
spelling

Honoris

Agreed, Lily, but BoB already has a rating system, so it would be easy for it to flush out all the sellers (and even buyers) who drop below a set limit. Personally, I do not even consider buying from someone below 98.5. I allow for some hitches but I am too wary of being scammed (but I cannot avoid all the traps, alas...) I also do not buy from a vendor located overseas. Here, too, BoB could improve its site by making it clear BEFORE one clicks on the item that the vendor is located outside the country.

Honoris

Yes, I know, and that is why I think the idea could be batted around to arrive at a suitable deposit or another method of ensuring the reliability of a vendor/seller.