Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Pick list questions...

booksallsizes

I am veeeeerrrrrrrry slow when it comes to this pick list story...

If I put 20 open items on the pick list (those that are running out of relists) and relist them, they disappear off the pick list. If I delete all open items in the pick list, then they are deleted but the items still stay in the pick list.

So, do I first delete all items and THEN relist? It seems to work this way, but I am not sure. I have been first relisting and THEN having to go through all double listings and putting them all on the pick list again in order to delete them.

Is there a sort of help for the pick list. The selling tips only have a short paragraph on the pick list, not an in-depth explanation...

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi books

Yes, it seems thats the way you should do it, add what you want to relist to the picklist, delete it using the bulk close (last option) and then go back the the picklist and relist.

I was also struggling a bit in the beginning until I realised this.

Hope you come right.

booksallsizes

Thanks, Tananka!

I have been battling until the penny dropped - just needed to be certain so that I didn't disappear everything into the ether... which I have done before...

Appreciate your reply!! Will now proceed with more confidence!

alloway65

Thanks all, the pick list was a grey area to me...now I understand...I think!!!!

voldermort

Maybe the heat has got to me (remember we are experiencing a heat wave down here) but why would anybody go to the trouble of adding items to the picklist then doing whatever else needs to be done with the picklist if you can just edit your ad while it's open? Isn't that much simpler?

booksallsizes
Maybe the heat has got to me (remember we are experiencing a heat wave down here) but why would anybody go to the trouble of adding items to the picklist then doing whatever else needs to be done with the picklist if you can just edit your ad while it's open? Isn't that much simpler?

I also used to think that and avoided the pick list like the plague... But braved it one day and although it still confuses me somewhat, I'm getting the gist of it and how blissful it is...

I find it much much much quicker with the pick list then opening and updating every item singly... Just add all you want to relist to the pick list (which is very quick). Select all, select the amount of relists, the opening and closing times, push a button or two and everything is relisted. You cannot, of course, do this if you need to change other things in the listings. But if you need to quickly relist closed 100 items, it's done in no time!

Vinyl Lady Decals

And you can also use the picklist to download a backup of your listings.

Choose up to 100 listings to go on the picklist, and generate a bulkload csv.

You can make all you changes (except to the description - too complicated to tackle that in the csv) on that by opening it in Excel, making all your changes and then re-uploading it using the bulkload option. Its very easy to do this, especially if you have thousands of listings you want to tidy up.

Just remember to delete the listings after generating the csv or you'll end up with duplicates.

booksallsizes
And you can also use the picklist to download a backup of your listings.

Choose up to 100 listings to go on the picklist, and generate a bulkload csv.

You can make all you changes (except to the description - too complicated to tackle that in the csv) on that by opening it in Excel, making all your changes and then re-uploading it using the bulkload option. Its very easy to do this, especially if you have thousands of listings you want to tidy up.

Just remember to delete the listings after generating the csv or you'll end up with duplicates.

Shew! Tananka, you are the pick list guru! That's brilliant!

Vinyl Lady Decals

It's taken a while to understand it all, that's for sure.:grin:

booksallsizes

Groovy stuff - thanks!

(but I may still consult the Tananka-oracle when confuzzled)

qball
Groovy stuff - thanks!

(but I may still consult the Tananka-oracle when confuzzled)

No problem ;-)

voldermort

So then if I'm not mistaken this would be particularly useful for relisting items that have closed and have no relists?

Vinyl Lady Decals

Exactly

booksallsizes
So then if I'm not mistaken this would be particularly useful for relisting items that have closed and have no relists?

Yip. You can also select those open items that are nearly at an end and update the amount of relists - but you first close them via the picklist and then relist them with the updated amount of relists. This was my earlier question. If you shut them down via the picklist, they remain there until you clear the picklist, so you can immediately relist them. This doesn't work if you relist first and then shut them down as they disappear off the picklist.

Sheesh - my brain is also overheated...:toung:

voldermort

Thanks guys, I finally understand......I think :grin: