Sign in to follow this  
Celebrity Jewels

Please guys tell me i am just over tired and over worked

Celebrity Jewels    10
Celebrity Jewels

Hi Luke and Da boys

please take a look at these rubies and sapphires - Items for sale from Vertigo on bidorbuy.co.za

Please tell me that I have not entered another dimension of chatum diffused rubies which are flawless but sold as natural. Perhaps sleep depravation is to blame and should anybody tell me that there are IF rubies then I am in the wrong game.

This is blatant fraud. Do people actually buy this?

Sue me for damages but the public must be warned.

Regards

Celebrity (Natural) Jewels

GemDeals    10
GemDeals

Not hard to spot those rubies and sapphires are synthetics. I sent the seller a p.m rather than just report him to community watch. I don't think he knows they are synthetic, still time for him to delete those auctions.

For anyone asking how we know these are synthetic:

http://www.chatham.com/The_Chatham_Story.php

common trick of thai sellers to claim it as a treatment when it is in fact just a bog standard worthless synthetic made in india, thailand or china in giant crystals.

In short this not only ruins the reputation of bidorbuy as a source of natural gemstones it hurts all of us selling gemstones on the site.

Edited by GemDeals

alloway65    10
alloway65

Thanks for the link very interesting.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

This is not the first seller to be fooled by a description of the treatment which should actually indicate that the gems are synthetic. I'm sure the original supplier could turn around and say: "But I did tell you, see there under treatments!"

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

It looks like a small, light, low-grade emerald/green beryl. The pictures, if of the actual item, are too small to get any better details. There are synthetics with flaws to make them appear natural (usually quench crackled) but you can't tell from the pics. My guess would be that it is natural.