Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Not1CentMore

What To Do?

3 posts in this topic

(stepping into the 'way back machine')

Sure would appreciate some feedback on this.

Buyer bids/wins 2 items latter part of June 2011. Items were shipped UPS 07th July (Couriers and USPS closed weekends and 1st - 4th of July).

Item #1 arrived 'without a hitch'. Item #2 arrived broken. Replacement was posted end of July USPS Global Priority.

Item #2 was returned 'Unclaimed' 01 December 2011 (I had to pay additional postage costs equal to cost to ship.) Emal sent to Buyer advising I would NOT be re-shipping unless Buyer was willing to pay shipping costs to re-ship. I inquired as how Buyer wished to proceed and further stated that item would be held 14-days. If no reply, item would be considered 'abandoned' and would be re-sold and Buyer would not be entitled to a replacement or a refund; in whole or in part. No response. (Item was sold AT A LOSS at an arts and craft festival 18th December.)

No reply until today. Buyer states item was not received and wants a refund. (Seems Buyer did NOT go collect at Post Office; 'Unclaimed').

I am 'straight-up-straight' and have worked long and hard to 'prove' myself to Buyers in SA, but I feel I have done everything 'by the book' and a refund in any amount is not warranted, (already 'in the red' over $200.00USD).

Six months..... What to do?

Thanks.

Ruthie

You are getting the bad ones Ruthie although I am sure you have some great buyers as well. Firstly I would inform her if she wants a refund I am deducting the postage cost that I occured with the item being resent. If there is no refund after that toughies sorry. She knew she had to collect it.

You are getting the bad ones Ruthie although I am sure you have some great buyers as well.

Yes, I have some super-duper Buyers.

Insofar as the 'bad ones'....well, 'fingers crossed' January will be a 'weeding' month; get the ragweed and stinkweed out of the way so the 'garden' will be weed-free the rest of the year.

Ruthie

If I was you, I would state the facts in point form in an email to bob, highlighting the losses you incurred and see what their opinion is.