Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

How does this happen??

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I have seen this a few times recently and hope some one can shed some light-If you look at a sellers recently sold items,then surely only recently sold items should appear there!However if you open the llisting there is no bid history or no buyer listed on some of the listing showing as recently sold-These are not discreet listings but normal auctions and buy nows.If the item was closed on 10 jan then surely an snc cannot be filed yet!I am pretty sure this is added to the sellers sales and then distorts the top sellers list until corrected which takes 2 weeks and gives unfair advantage to that seller for that period for non genuine sales.

Any one have any ideas on this?

voldermort

When looking for certain items on BoB I have seen this a number of times and I personally prefer it this way...........what I sell and to whom I sell it is my own business, not sure why anybody else would care.

The way I see it, it seems that the only reason sellers would be checking other sellers items (if this is how they prefer to pass their time) is to see what prices others have received for their items, can't really think why it would be necessary to see who the customer was?

As to the Top Sellers list........if an item were sold & the buyer jumps up on the Top Sellers list, (seeing as nobody is able to predict which will be genuine or non genuine sales) good luck to them.

Whether or not a snc subsequently results from the sale seems to me that until such time as the snc is a done deal it would only be between the seller, buyer & Bid or Buy, definitely not something that would would need to be reported to the general public. Therefore according to BoB I assume, which is quite correct, that this seller has a right to be wherever they are on the Top Seller list. Not really sure how that would be a distortion of the list as the buyer may very well pay on Day 7 of the snc, and even if they never pay it was still an item sold in good faith ie: a sale which has 15 days or more (according to sellers discretion) to play out regarding the payment.

Edited by voldermort

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I think you misunderstand the point i am making.I do check occasionally to see what other sellers realise for their items as this is called research as there are many items of a different nature that are not catalogued so a genuine market related price can be attached to such an item when a sale has taken place and a price has been relalised-there is nothing sinister about that in anyway and all that can be gained is knowledge.

What suprised me is when you go to recently sold items there are items there that says "item closed"-NO sale history and bidding or purchase price or date of sale etc-But are these items then sold?and at what price etc?This is what i am querying and not for any other reason.

neil

voldermort

thanks for pm & have replied - sam

Vinyl Lady Decals

I think these listings are for listings that closed without any sale at all. The listing is closed, but there was no activity.

voldermort

Hi Tananka, it can't be as some of these items are listed under Recently Sold?

voldermort

aha, I think I have it..........personal offers, that would automatically increase sellers selling status, at the same time keeping everything else private. No bidding history, no sold sign, no buyers name etc?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

SAM

You are correct-it looks that way as can be deduced from ratings given-I think the listing should then state-"item sold by personal offer" instead of saying "item closed".No details necessary as it is none of our business but will clear up confusion.

NEIL

Vinyl Lady Decals

Oh wow, this is an interesting mystery solved.