Sign in to follow this  
Mgen

Ups - bad attitude

Mgen

I purchased an investment coin for US$ 5,462.50 in January 2011 from a reputable auction house in the USA.

UPS through their lawyer David Kotzen acknowledges that the coin was stolen by an employee of UPS's security company Minaar Security at UPS's branch in Durban, South Africa.

UPS have a video of the theft and reported the matter to the Police in South Africa.

UPS repudiate any claim against them for their negligence, and despite offering to process a claim against Minaar Security for compensation, UPS refuse to follow up, and UPS refuses to acknowledge any of my numerous requests for feedback.

This is in spite of the fact that I had previously done all my importation of coins through UPS.

The attitude of UPS, including its management, and Minaar Security is appalling, and UPS obviously does not value the goodwill of their customers.

Anyone using the services of UPS and Minaar Security does so at their own peril.

Not1CentMore

UPS was, 'once upon a time', the 'cream of the crop' when it came to Customer Service whether a parcel shipped within the USA or overseas. Unfortunately, the 'out sourcing' and under training of personnel has left all of their services 'lacking'. Make the same inquiry of five different people and one receives five different answers. The answer often leads to more questions; clarification or 'Pete and Repeat' unless one is fluent in five different languages.

UPS has a policy that unless the parcel was insured, there is no compensation for loss. May I suggest you contact the Seller and inquire if insured and if so, he / she should be able to initiate a claim this side with UPS. Unfortunately, if the parcel was not insured, the Seller will 'be in the same boat'; claim will be denied.

Ruthie