Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Paypal charges??

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

I recently started accepting paypal for overseas buyers.

The charges stated are paypal about 3.5 % plus fnb charges 1.5% of transaction total-i therefore tell my buyers to add 5% for these charges but it does not seem enough and i am losing.

I checked the payal charges and they all seem on about 5% of the transaction total and i then still have to pay fnb 1.5% when i xfer into my account,so i will have to charge a higher % to my buyers.

What do other sellers charge there buyers for using paypal?i would be interested please.

Thanks neil

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi Neil

We charge 3.5% but yes, I agree totally with you, we do lose out once all the conversions are done. Personally I feel a 6.5% charge would be justified.

Thanks

Grant

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I recently started accepting paypal for overseas buyers.

The charges stated are paypal about 3.5 % plus fnb charges 1.5% of transaction total-i therefore tell my buyers to add 5% for these charges but it does not seem enough and i am losing.

I checked the payal charges and they all seem on about 5% of the transaction total and i then still have to pay fnb 1.5% when i xfer into my account,so i will have to charge a higher % to my buyers.

What do other sellers charge there buyers for using paypal?i would be interested please.

Thanks neil

R6.62 per R100.00 will cover your charges.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Lots of fees are deducted if you are using Paypal and other banks, sometimes you wonder if it's worth it at the end of the day to get that overseas sale.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Thanks to all.

Yes it seems about 6.5% is what it costs to get your money here into your bank.We probably have to subsidise some transactions so as not to upset some of the buyers.

Wayne,you are correct as well,sometimes it is a whole lot of trouble and i normally end up subsidising the postage as well,but if you wish to expand then we have to tap into these markets.Fortunately stamps are light and ok to package.

Happy new year to all and dont over imbibe !!

regards

neil