Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

BUY NOW struggling

Vegar

Recently I have been buying myself books on BOB - mainly Buy it Now, and it has been great getting the instant gratification. I pay immediately and it is out of the way.

Today I bought 2 books, put them in the cart as I wanted to see if the seller had more of the same. When I was ready to continue I proceeded with the checkout. The seller had not specified shipping cost. So I sent the seller a note asking how much.

I could not proceed with checkout, as I could not add shipping cost, so I went back to look at more stuff and to my horror I see that the books are still available ... and not in my bought items.

In the end I went back to the items, clicked Buy Now, put zero for shipping and will add it later when the seller gets back to me.

I usually don't use the cart - I do on E-bay - so I am wondering if there is a hitch between putting stuff in the cart and continuing with checkout. What did I do wrong?

Cheetah10

Don't you just hate it when shipping details are not mentioned...... "Refer to item description for shipping details" is normally the message and then there is noting there....... It should be made a compulsory field when listing...... and then also..... after checking out, you get a message..... "Contact seller for payment details"........ I like to pay immediately on checking out...... not 3days later when the seller finally wakes up and send me the payment details!

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hi Vegar, as I understand it the item is not yours until you checkout the cart. Just adding it to your cart does not "reserve" it for you as one would think.

Vegar
Hi Vegar, as I understand it the item is not yours until you checkout the cart. Just adding it to your cart does not "reserve" it for you as one would think.

Yes, I understand that now :bigsmile: what confused me was that I couldn't proceed without putting in the shipping cost.

I have been selling and buying here for four years so it is a bit embarrassing to get stymied by the shopping cart :nuts:

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hehe, aaah the joys of buying online. But I have to agree with Cheetah10. Shipping fees should be mandatory for the seller when creating a listing.

alloway65
Hehe, aaah the joys of buying online. But I have to agree with Cheetah10. Shipping fees should be mandatory for the seller when creating a listing.

I would just add REASONABLE before shipping fees!!!