Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pugly

Delay in payment?

28 posts in this topic

Is there perhaps a delay somewhere along the line with payment confirmation, perhaps a problem with the banks or BoB?

The reason I ask is because I have noticed that all my purchases from yesterday afternoon have not been confirmed.

All are BoB EFT.

Is there perhaps a delay somewhere along the line with payment confirmation, perhaps a problem with the banks or BoB?

The reason I ask is because I have noticed that all my purchases from yesterday afternoon have not been confirmed.

All are BoB EFT.

If the payments are via Standard Bank, then yes. SBSA has a horrible banking system which can not cope over high-volume periods (such as XMAS or paydays). Where a SBSA to SBSA transaction will be instant, it will take 2 days for funds to clear. Had the same issue a few days back and it took almost 3 days for funds to clear.

Thanks MacMuffin,

I use ABSA, and the payments of yesterday morning went quick, nothing of the afternoons though.

Still nothing.

Still nothing,

Anybody else with this problem?

Same here. I've normally received my notifications of pmt received by now. Also to the absa bank deets.

The banks are extremely slow this time of the year I do not think that their electronic system can handle the amount of transactions and eft during this period.

Still nothing.

Hope the sellers, from whom I purchased, are not under the impression I don't want to pay. [3 days now]

Hi Pugly

you can always just email thru your proof of payment , that way they know you have paid even thou there may be a delay with the EFT .

Pugly I know I have not had sms'es from the bank since Christmas Eve but rank 32 gives you great advice!

Thanks rank32,

E-mailed all the sellers proof of payment.

Pugly I am sure the sellers shall appreciate your business with you being so considerate!

Still nothing,

maybe tomorrow?

Still nothing and i paid on xmas eve. Sheesh, never normally such a long delay. Baaaaad banks..

Some sellers are very impatient......I am being pestered by one to whom I paid through Bob Pay on Dec. 25, AM!!!!

Can bob comment on this please? Which banks are effected and is anything being done to resolve the issue?

Still nothing,

somewhere there is a big boo-boo.

All payments made from 23 dec to 27 dec can only be processed on 28 dec due to holidays-allowing a day or two from 28 dec for interbank transfers all should be up to date by tomorrow-this should apply to the bobpay as well i would think.

That is the info i received from my bank.

neil

Ok, seems we are back to normal.

Payments are now starting to show.

A big thank you to Prabashnee and Solanche for manually capturing the Absa bobPay - Eft payments :awesome:

Yes, a big big Thank You.

Thats hard work, much appreciated.

Hey Guys

We do apologise for the delay from ABSA we had to manually upload all the payments from the 23rd till the 28th but all of them was done yesterday, if your payments didn't go through and you didn't receive the conformation please email me on billing@bidorbuy.co.za with the proof of payment, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you.

Kind Regards

Solanche :wink:

Thanks so much for all your effort Solanche.:love:

As usual you are a star.

Have an wonderful New Year and may 2012 bring you lots of blessings.

Thank you so much, the same for you and your family hope 2012 is a Rocker