Sign in to follow this  
sensual_sloth

False advertising - what should be done?

False advertising - what should be done?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. False advertising - what should be done?

• Seller should be disabled
    • Seller should be fined
    • Bidorbuy and seller should be accountable
    • nothing

sensual_sloth

I'm concerned ... that Bidorbuy allows fraudulent items on their site. I understand that it is difficult to keep up to date with 1000's of sales every hour but I do believe that they should be hiring someone to check sellers out on the sly - why should it be up to us to be scammed in order for culprits to be noticed?I bought a product: {LINK} [ATTACH=CONFIG]2405[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2406[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2407[/ATTACH]from Gemshop ... who I have recently rated negatively. The reason being is that I thought I had purchased an ABrocket but in reality I purchased a cheap chinese/ korean knockoff. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2408[/ATTACH]My big issue is that the product arrived while I was out of the country (late I might add though I've never worried about timing much) ... upon arrival back in SA I had clearly missed the 7 day money back guarantee and was running out of time to give it as a gift so I simply wrapped the packaged parcel and gave it to the recipient. Being present at the gift unwrapping I was SHOCKED that I had not received the correct item! It was damn embarrassing thinking that I had purchased something and then giving something else; I wasn't about to tell the person as they seemed happy with the item (obviously as it was a gift). My issue is not the fact that I want my money back - as you can see why this is impossible ... my issue is that people like this need to be taught a lesson! They need to be fined at least!!! This is fraud? I'm almost in the mind of contacting the copyright owners of ABrocket and complaining about bidorbuy and this gentleman. This needs to be stopped!I had a look through GemShop's ratings and most negative ratings always come with a snide reply from the seller; did he not learn people skills? That being said, I have little regard for his attitude to those people supplying him with business but I damn well have an issue with lying and fraud ... so Bidorbuy (since I keep getting cut off of live chat) what should be done about this???

sensual_sloth

I have sent the Seller the following email:

Good day

You will notice that I have given you a negative rating. The reason for this is due to the following:

The product arrived while I was out of the country (late I might add though I've never worried about timing much as I understand these things) ... upon arrival back in SA I had clearly missed the 7 day money back guarantee and was running out of time to give it as a gift so I simply wrapped the packaged parcel and gave it to the recipient. Being present at the gift unwrapping I was SHOCKED that I had not received the correct item! It was damn embarrassing thinking that I had purchased something and then giving something else; I wasn't about to tell the person as they seemed happy with the item (obviously as it was a gift).

My issue is not the fact that I want my money back - as you can see why this is impossible ... my issue is that you have blatantly lied in your advert. You get very rude with buyers who rate you negatively (unfairly as you say) ... but I don't believe that I am being unfair here ... you should be able to see this. Am I unfair? You show a picture of an AB rocket ... you call it an AB rocket ... you even give the info and specs of the AB rocket? This is direct copyright infringement and fraud sir? You do realise this?

I really am sorry and I expect a rude reply but I will have to report you, not only to Bidorbuy but to the advertising complaints commission of South Africa and will also be sending your advert to the owners of the copyright "AB rocket" so that they can deal with you personally.

Being in advertising for the past 10 years and lecturing in the complexities of plagiarism and fraud within advertising I cannot let this go.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas and consider your actions in future.

Yours sincerely

Bianca

qball

Please kindly contact our offices with all supporting documentation and proof. Misrepresenting an item is not permitted on the bidorbuy site, unfortunately we cannot and will not verify the authenticity of products listed for sale, it is logistically impossible. We are happy to work with the stake holders, including the copyright holders in such incidents. Our team will assist you in resolving this matter.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

sensual_sloth

Deleted

Edited by sensual_sloth

sensual_sloth

Deleted

Edited by sensual_sloth

qball

Unfortunately the item will need to be returned before a refund is offered.

Please do not post private email correspondence on the forum, you do need the other party's permission to disclose this.

We have requested the seller's feedback regarding this issue.

Thank you.

sensual_sloth

Hi Qball ...

That is understood I shall cease to do this. That being said ... my issue is not a refund. My issue is fraudulent advertising.

qball

I believe Johann has been in touch with you. According to him he may have sent the wrong item. He is willing to sort this out, either to refund you or replace the incorrect item with the correct item.

MsPlod

Wow - at least you received something!