Sign in to follow this  
kennyn

PUT THE FUN BACK INTO THE HOBBY

Jacques Kuun

Hello Colin

Nice to know that we are now in the company of a chairman.

As a rough guess (no more surveys from my side) I would say that about 50% of the BidorBuy stamp buyers who are situated in Gauteng are members of “Federationâ€.

Outside of this area the membership must be negligible! Seems as if “Federation†is missing the point. Time for a roadshow!

Regards

Jacques

2dblue

I could not agree more.

Time to start shaking the tree, and get the fun back.

had a look at some of the offerings on the site and i must say there are some sellers who are very optimistic with their prices. obviously they have not kept up to date with prices.

i will continue to trade only with those i trust.

Rgds

kennyn

Hi Colin

Welcome to the world of the crazy.Glad you could join us,the bastion of disorganised philatelty .With guys like you we can put to rest forever the myth that philately is only for the fortunate few with bottomless wallets(despite the fact that you always outbid us at auctions).

We will in 2009 and beyond,produce the best exhibition ever seen,an exhibition devoid of airy fairy,arty farty,oh why havent you got those in full sheets comments.

An exhibition for true philatelists.Those who have battled week after week through numerous stamp fairs and auctions,ignoring such snide comments as "oh well we will sell it overseas",as though to imply that us mere mortals are not worthy of appreciating such philatelic gems as we are offered/subjected to.

Jacques,the roadshow comment has such merit.I was almost tempted to rush out and buy you a whisky,but I drank it myself(shades of Singleton?).I reckon two or three weeks should do it.Are you in?

Kind Regards and warmest felicitations

Kenny

2dblue

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

For my part i am keeping an eye out for the frames. Federation has far too many and with the onset of the 16 page format there are going to be a lot of the 15 page units floating. There has been talk that some will be given off to the societies and the rest sold as scrap (lot of aluminium etc).

Will keep all informed.

and now for a slurp of Chivas.

Cheers to the whisky club (Y not EY)

gabriel 1

Hi Kenny

Roadtrip, 2 weeks, I am probably in, I'm thinking that perhaps we should visit all the out of reach areas where there are collectors and hold an auction at each venue. If we plan it proprely (only pour Jacques a whiskey once the planning session is over) let all the towns know we will be there, plan something for youth/new collectors, take good stock with us, probably only albums and covers (no boxes of crap) we could make a go of it.

Regards

Gabriel1

Kit W

Hi guys & gals

Just arrived back from a five day getaway in Cape Town and thrilled to see all the news of the proposed exhibition - will be there "boots & all" all the way from the West Rand. This all sounds as though new friendships will be made and by the sounds of things a cash bar is the order of the day!!

Regards

Kit W

gabriel 1

Jacques and Kenny

I see no comment on my Roadtrip post.

"Roadtrip, 2 weeks, I am probably in, I'm thinking that perhaps we should visit all the out of reach areas where there are collectors and hold an auction at each venue. If we plan it proprely (only pour Jacques a whiskey once the planning session is over) let all the towns know we will be there, plan something for youth/new collectors, take good stock with us, probably only albums and covers (no boxes of ****) we could make a go of it."

What do you guys think?

Regards

Gabriel1

kennyn

Hi Gabriel1

Still trying to pluck up the courage to tell the wife!

Seriously,it deserves some sober discussion

Lets get together soon

Regards

Kenny

gabriel 1

Hi Kenny

A guy was sent to the shop one morning to buy milk in Springs. When his wife phoned him 3 hours later to find out where the milk was, he was at Sun City with a friend he had met at the store. The milk was in the car in the Sun City parking lot.

Do you think this could work?

Regards

Gabriel1