Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Big bead caps dilemma solved.

BeadsandBaubles

Hi Fellow Crafters

Just thought I'd share my solution to my "big bead cap dilemma". I've got so many of these in stock, and never list them because nobody buys them. I've finally hit on a solution and a way to get rid of them :toung:, not to mention saving a few small bucks on table gifts on Xmas Day. So instead of having Xmas Crackers on the plate (with a small gift inside each for the guests) I'll be placing one of these (see pic below). Makes a nice deco - with a bit of dried coconut coloured green for a grass effect, or white for snow.

Pls let me know what you think.

Festive Greetings

Sandy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2400[/ATTACH]

moppies

Can I have a small piece of your brain?

wayjen

I posted a picture months ago of what to do with your beads when they are not selling. We have often read on the forum how bad the bead section has become and how the sales have plummeted but there is another solution for those beads if you are creative enough.

If the world gives to Lemons then make Lemonade.

58f5a72cdb6f5_wholesale-Opticaamp108.jpg.33893e0a1c4af5b4200aa191f5af386d.jpg

booksallsizes

Just lovely! Wayjen is right - thinking 'out of the box' produces the most amazing results...

(Although, Wayne - pasting all those little beads over a computer mouse is only something a masochist would attempt... :whistling:)

wayjen

But that's just an example, do a google search and see what else comes up. I have plenty items here that I cannot sell on BoB but a google search shows me I can make things and sell the items on BoB but I am just too lazy to do it. I know if i need to pay the bills I need to move my assets but I am the lazy type.

booksallsizes

You should visit Nieu Bethesda, Wayne. I am constantly amazed at the creativity of people here with just a few pieces of wire and some rusted rubbish picked up out of the veld.

Of course, everything here is held together with wire because it's too expensive to get professionals out here to do anything. So we jib things together ourselves with whatever comes to hand and pray it holds...:whistling:

But some of the artists/crafters here really impress me with their ideas.

My shop's lights are all made from leftover pieces of corrugated iron salvaged from the tip - a friend made them for me and they are beyootiful (yet very simple) and constantly commented upon - there are 7 of them and they didn't cost a cent!

wayjen

I often come across sites online where they have taken "junk" and turned it into art or even something else that has a practical use.

Lukeness

Yeah, but things don't rust much out in Nieu Bethesda so that wire could last another 15 years.

Pathway

I also have a big bead cap dilemma, I've bought way too many, and they're just too big for my beads, even those huge faux pearls. So I'm using them, 2 at a time, facing each other, and it makes a whole new bead. So - who's got big bead caps for me?