Sign in to follow this  
koertkopbeen

Anyone willing to sell older SACC?

koertkopbeen

Hi, everyone!

I'm a student and a newbie on the stamp collecting scene. I used to "collect" stamps as a little boy (the result of which is a huge box full of used 1988 succulents - all of them - mostly stamped at Lambert's Bay PO!).

Recently, I rediscovered this great hobby. Not the kind of things I'd show to girls visiting, though, but wow, the history depicted on the stamps is fantastic.

I have been buying some items on BoB and I am trying to organise my collection and at least get an idea of what is a good stamp to buy and which is not. I noticed that many people aren't too happy with the new SACC's and R500 is too much for me to pay for a second-grade book anyway.

Is there anybody here who is willing to sell me a copy of an earlier SACC (which, naturally, you are not using). I will be willing to buy it directly from you (is it against BoB's rules to say this? - if so, I will bid on BoB...)

Thank you!

Jasper van Zyl

admin
I will be willing to buy it directly from you (is it against BoB's rules to say this? - if so, I will bid on BoB...)

Hi Jasper,

All sales have to go through bidorbuy, if not, you will be tracked down, blindfolded and executed... no, seriously :twisted::ninja:

Seeds for Africa
Hi Jasper,

All sales have to go through bidorbuy, if not, you will be tracked down, blindfolded and executed... no, seriously :twisted::ninja:

PS : The gun aint a toy!

koertkopbeen
PS : The gun aint a toy!

Ha! Well, in that case, can I leave my phone number on the site for someone to call me privately?

:wink: Joking, of course!

dstorm

Hello Jasper

“All sales have to go through bidorbuy, if not, you will be tracked down, blindfolded and executed... no, seriously.”

See, admin does have a heart – you do get blindfolded first….

I might have a 2005/6 SACC somewhere. R50-00 + R25-00 postage should be OK.

Should you be interest, I will list it on BoB (if I can find it) and then send you a PM.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

koertkopbeen

Hi, Jacques

Sounds great! Thank you!

Jasper

dstorm

Not the kind of things I'd show to girls visiting, though, but wow.....

l

There is no cheaper way to aquire those Renoir etchings....

koertkopbeen

Jacques, I got a good offer from someone willing to sell me a 2008/9 copy for R125. Is is ok if I rather take this?

dstorm
Jacques, I got a good offer from someone willing to sell me a 2008/9 copy for R125. Is is ok if I rather take this?

Grab it immediately! I will tell you why later - after you have bought it.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

koertkopbeen

Hi, Jacques

I just completed the purchase and the book is in the mail!

Will you please take a look at my other thread regarding date stamp cards? I have a huge lot of them dating back to 1977 and I don't really know what to do with them...

Thanks!

Jasper

dstorm

Hello Jasper

Firstly, the 2008/9 SACC is perhaps the definitive SACC.

It was only surpassed by the latest Stanley Gibbons Southern and Central Africa catalogue.

I would not sell my 2008/9 SACC for R1000-00.

Secondly: Robbie Schmidt (I might be spelling his surname incorrectly) is currently busy with a catalogue on RSA date stamp cards. I was shown a proto of his work and it really seems to be a work of love.

I will keep you informed about the release date.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

koertkopbeen

Thanks, Jacques! I read between the lines from some conversations that the newer issues aren't really considered to be worthwhile (understatement?). I saw an auction on BoB for a 29th edition, starting at R1200!

Jacques, are there any collectors interested in the date stamp cards? I have 500 of them, of which around 400 are not duplicates. They date between 1977 and 1995. I have no interest in them and I would rather sell them and get some money for FDC's. What would be a good price to list at, generally speaking?