Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Time for a negative?

amcintyre

I bought this http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/50930339/_Desktop_Computer_AMD_Athlon_64_3000_1Gb_Ram_160GB_HDD_Nvidia_GeForce_FX5500.html on 17 November and made prompt payment on the same day. The seller rated me positively and then a few days past prior to him communicating with me via email. The seller then told me that there was a problem with the computer's hard drive and he would replace it prior to having the computer couriered to me. I contacted the seller again a week after that asking for further feedback. I received a similar response and that posting would take place soon. The last date the seller communicated he would have it sent was Tuesday the 13th of December.

I have contacted BOB twice (the first time through community watch and the second through their hello email address) - the first time on was on the 11th of December and the second time on the 14th of December - the second report has a correspondence number of #BRG-239-47270.

I'm a little irritated as nothing appears to have happened from BOB's side with regard to this.

Although it's only R900 I would really like this money back or to receive the computer. :mad:

Can anyone suggest what action I can take now?

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Did he give you a tracking nr yet?

amcintyre

No tracking number - the only responses I get are that he will soon be shipping the item off...

ATOMICSQUIRREL

MMM...did you pay for overnight shipping or normal postage? i know on normal postage some sellers really take their time posting things.

Best maybe to contact Bob again and wait until Monday. Weekends are rough especially over holiday period.

Sorry to hear that though, it's happened to me before as well, i eventually received my parcel.

Good price for a computer...R900:weird:

amcintyre

I paid for a courier service, which the original ad said would take 3-5 days.

qball

We do apologise, due to database corruption, many of the Helpdesk tickets were deleted, so we are wading our way through tickets as far back as 24 November (including duplicates after we tried to re-import lost tickets) - this has caused a delay. If you need assistance please call us on 0861 88 0861.

Thanks.