Sign in to follow this  
vusimb313

New to Bid or Buy, did an order but already threatend of filing SNC

vusimb313    10
vusimb313

Hi I really dont know how this really works. But here is what I did. I browsed through the site, looked for a tablet, added it to my basket but did not finalise the transaction because Im not yet paid. And the next thing you know, I am given 7days to pay or else someone or the seller will file an SNC. I bought some games online before and paid at the end of the month but never got any sort threat of being SNCed. I mean in 7 days where will you that money, I believe in paying once I have the money the bank, I would understand if I did not act on my order within 14-21 days,then I should be SNCed. I really like the site and its quite convenient to shop from but the rules making it hard for us, actually within 7days notice is really short. Please can someone there advice me what to do as I avoid borrowing money to make a transaction thats less the R1000.00.

Thank you in advance

Me

wayjen    10
wayjen

Welcome to BoB.

Did you purchase the games on this site or is the Tablet the 1st purchase on BoB? Do not bid on anything if you cannot pay for it. You cannot go to Woolworths and take something off the rack and get to the till and tell the cashier "I cannot pay for it yet, for that you go to PEP Stores and do a LAY-BY.

Sellers don't really care how you operate "I believe in paying once I have the money the bank", as sellers have terms and conditions and if you don't stick by that then you are causing more stress for you and them and it will end up bad for you. If you are lucky, the Seller might hold it for you, if not then you have wasted their time and they can/will be losing money as someone else could have bought it.

Sellers have enough trouble as it is trying to sell items on BoB, so it is best to read the T & C before bidding.

If it's an auction then a person has some time to communicate but if it's a Buy Now, then that's another story.

Edited by wayjen

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

You should always ask a question of the seller before assuming that they will wait until month-end for their payment. Some sellers will be prepared to wait and others will not.

Dumdledore    10
Dumdledore

Tanaka informed you well sorry you got attacked! Did the buyer not state in their listing until when you have got to make an payment.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Well now here on Bid or Buy you have 7 days to complete and pay for your order before a snc is filed.

Usually when wanting to make a payment weeks down the line, asking the seller first if this is in order with them is quite courteous, expecting them just to sit and wait until such time as you decide to pay is really impolite.

You could too of course have at least informed the seller when placing your order that you would be paying at the end of the month, I would imagine if you had then they would not be filing a snc right now?

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Vusimb, did you also have a problem with a Nokia you wanted to pay off back in 2007?

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

To my knowledge, listings do not state 'add to cart' they state 'Buy Now' and by Now, I think the implication is NOW.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I am very witty.:cheesy:

vusimb313    10
vusimb313

Thanks a lot guys for the response. I enjoy buying here. The issue has since been resolved. I paid the seller spot on.

admin    0
admin

Hi vusimb313,

Happy to hear everything is sorted :cool: