Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DIY PRODUCTS

Collections Question.

2 posts in this topic

Hi again, please let me know if I start to irritate with the questions and posts, but here is 1 more question that big sellers could perhaps help me with.

I recently added the option of collection to my listing, so far I find it fantastic. It is so much easier and quicker and have already had 2 orders collected from me. However I see that another 2 of my customers have selected the collection method in shipping and asked for my address. I see the 1 is in Durban and the other in JHB. The item value does not warrant courrier collection nor a special drive through to Kroonstad. I have sent my address through to them, but do I follow up with an email stating the obvious and offering to send the item (would now be free of charge) or do I just ignore the obvious and leave the customer to make their own plan?

Hi

I would do what you have done and state "Whilst you have selected collection, we do offer mailing via the post office at a rate of R XYZ". I think that will cover you. Most sellers dont allow collections. I dont allow collections for a) Security, b) Unreliability of customers actually collecting the items.

Thanks

Grant

Hi,

I would follow up with an email.

1. You will at least know what the buyers plan is.

2. It will act as a reminder for the buyer.

3. The buyer will be reminded of the shipping information and his options.

Richard.