Sign in to follow this  
DIY PRODUCTS

This is wrong. You can't do this. or can you?

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

I have now really had it. I am not happy. I was the winning bidder for this auction on 1 November.

Modems - BRAND NEW VODAFONE MOBILE CONNECT MODEM was sold for R137.00 on 2 Nov at 22:01 by starshoot in Scottburgh (ID:49482281)

As you may recall, I have mentioned here before that I buy in order to resell.

So when I received :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2365[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2366[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2367[/ATTACH]

I did not even bother to open the sellotape sealed modems and instead decided to trust the sellers black koki pen marking of NOT WORKING and the disgusting grime stuck to both modem boxes were left as is.

I issued the seller with a Neuteral rating 9 November 2011 : Most definately NOT brand new, 1 box is clearly marked in Black Marker pen "Not Working" I await your reply to my email as this is not acceptable.

and sent an email containing the pictures as well as my banking details for a refund.

The reply, to the rating, NOT to the email, was : I am shockt hard to believe But please send the item back Regards Wynand

To date I have received NO email in response or an address to where I should return this purchase.

Now 10 December 2011, 1 month later, R 319 poorer. I assume I have given the seller enough time to decide where I am to return the parcel, I update the rating to Negative.

Yes. Finally a response.

An outright lie of a claim that he still cant beleive the goods arent new as stated, he claims to have mailed me twice and he has now issued ME with a Negative rating.

Only now in hindsight do I see that this is no first time issue with this seller as his last 2 ratings will show.

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for BRAND NEW BELKIN ENHANCED WIRELESS MODEM ROUTER

09 Dec 2011

Comment:

item is not brand new as advertised..disappointing. It is not ethical to give a negative rating just because you got a neutral rating.

by RAIHAN (35 rating1.gif)

Response:

you received a new item why the bad rating You not even paid half price if you want it for notting please tel me will look for one for you

10 Dec 2011

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for CRAZY AUCTION NEW RUSSELL HOBBS BREAD MAKER WITH POPCORN FUNCTION USED AS DISPLAY

09 Dec 2011

Comment:

I paid within 24hrs,NO RATING 4 ME YET......IT IS A SHAME THAT U R ALOWED TO SELL ON BOB,U SOLD ME THIS ITEM KNOWING VERY WELL, THAT IT IS NOT WORKING

by master yoda (277 rating3.gif)

Response:

how dare you item brand new in the box you want a rating please change the rating you have giving to me thank you

10 Dec 2011

In all honesty, this seller can have the satisfaction of issuing me with a Negative rating, but I want my money back. I have 2 issues with returning these goods.

Firstly, why should I have to pay for the return postage on items sold as new, but sent marked and stating not working? The seller should have contacted me after the sale and told me that the items were not working and we could have cancelled the sale. He clearly took a chance here and hoped I would not complain.

Secondly, will I ever get a refund?

Buying on Bid or Buy to resell is maybe not the best way to invest your hard earned salary. No, its not right of me to be negative and disheartened, but I really feel this is wrong. I know there may be many reading this that think that R 319 is a small loss, but it really isn't for me.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I would also appeal the negative rating as it is clearly unfair. Bob can do without sellers like this......... bad experiences like this put people off bob effecting all the legitimate traders!