Sign in to follow this  
admin

New Rating System

admin

Hi Guys

Before buying from a seller, always check their ratings. You may notice a recent change in the way in which our seller's ratings are displayed. Our new rating system displays a number, followed by a star rating. You are still able to further view all ratings received by that seller as in the past.

Click here to find out more about how to read sellers ratings.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/static/help/Ratings.html#ViewOthersRatings

Regards,

The bidorbuy team :)

purps

i feel that the new rating system makes alot more sense ...

Guest Guest

I am sorry, the star thing really has no value in my book (are we in nursery school again?).

Now we have to actually waste more time and look at each user page to get a better perspective and the REAL story on each users trading habits. Was far easier seeing the positives and negatives on the item page. That way we had a better idea who we were dealing with straight off the bat.

I am afraid this "pretty star" thing is going to catch out many users. The only benefactor of the stars will be those users who have a fair amount of neutral and negative ratings. Wolf in sheep's clothing ring any bells? Even in the seller screen when you open up your items to peruse the bids, you again have to click on the bidders details to get an accurate rating.

Sorry, but this whole idea is really silly!!!!

Waste of time BoB, lets go back to how it was. Rather spend your time formulating an automatic suspension percentage for users; as well as introducing content exclusion filters (so that we can personalise our searches)... All the things we have been pleading for over and over and over again!!

vossie1964

I am sorry Admin but I have to agree with saintmj. The only real winner is the person with negatives as they dissapear in the star ratings

140is

Rating System

Excellent rating system. Thanks and keep up the good work

Southerns

Nice to see that your trying

Its good to see that your trying new ideas. I have been caught out before by dodgy sellers

rabok

Sure, there may be some value attached to those pretty stars, but for me I am not really in favour of it. Previously it was much easier to see how many neutral & negative ratings, in relation to positive ratings, a Seller had, and thereby one could easily form a picture about the general reliability of a Seller.

Sure, every Seller gets neutral and negative ratings eventually. But a rating such as 458:5:3 for Seller 1 and 522:45:27 for Seller 2 means a lot more to me than just 3 or 4 pretty golden stars - the first one is reliable whereas the second one . . . well, let's leave it at that!

I would prefer it if you were to go back to the previous system, and looking at many of the posts on this topic, I do not believe I'm the only one.

Rabok

Southerns

How About

Why cant we combine both systems, just ad the stars to the end of the old type.

I see what he means by it is easier to see a persons history from the old system

D0NATELLO

I like the new rating system.

Hope this comment is enough to validate my email address!

Quote: (I forgot to add, in order to validate your email address, you WILL have to post "something" on the forum.

Just logging in and out will not do it.

So, read the latest on the forum and post a reply.

Apologies, again, and regards,

Sleep tight!

billibo

admin)

admin

DO NOT POST TO VALIDATE YOUR EMAIL HERE!

CHOOSE ANOTHER FORUM!

Tiger Toys

How does this system work ?

Seller A has a 4 star rating

Overall ratings 88% positive

Seller B has a 3 star rating

Overall rating 99% positive

Does not make sense

Which seller would you buy from A or B ??

SkyeCreations

Ratings work on number of positive ratings, not percentages.

africanbox

Coming of the community watch pages, ratings for seller gone bad are far from foolproof. I still maintain that the problem comes in with money , it also stops with money......

Keep all monies with a third party and release after the ratings are done by the seller and buyer?????

That way ratings, and the watchdog role it is supposed to play is out of the way and scammers are kept at bay.

It is merely a question of how badly BOB wants to sort out the problem.