Sign in to follow this  
Timeless Value

SARB suspends management at SA Mint

Jedeye
I heard of a blackmail story going around...... Someone wanted lots of dosh to keep their mouths shut if not they would go to the press.

No blackmail. I didn't hear any of those stories. I have the coins and I certainly didn't try and blackmail anyone. Maybe it was someone trying it on for size, but I doubt it. In fact I refused to have anything to do with the mint, or SARB in any way, shape or form.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
You probably have 5 of the rarest coins in the world! 5 0f 5 made! I would ask 7 figures for each! (settle on 6)

congrats, you just won a lottery!:bigsmile:

There is the legal aspect of this-If there are criminal charges filed against any one responsible then those coins may be confiscated to be used as evidence.So rather leave the country!!!!soon!!!!!!!!

Jedeye
There is the legal aspect of this-If there are criminal charges filed against any one responsible then those coins may be confiscated to be used as evidence.So rather leave the country!!!!soon!!!!!!!!

Exactly what the advocate said earlier this year which is why we have taken care of that route completely.

Also, the explanation coming from the SARB, including the most recent, points the finger, quite squarely, at "technical issues", which it must be considering there are only 6 out of the 14 that I purchased, and, apparently, out of the 1500 run.

The numbers run concurrently so we initially thought there were either numbers before, or after my numbers, but nobody can find any more in that run. So I think the chance that anyone will be criminally charged is a possibility, but a remote one.

Cold Sea

I am missing something.

considering there are only 6 out of the 14 that I purchased, and, apparently, out of the 1500 run.

The numbers run concurrently so we initially thought there were either numbers before, or after my numbers, but nobody can find any more in that run

Six consecutive blanks somewhere in the middle of a run of 1500 blanks are light on gold content, not weight. And then that's it. You gotta be kidding me. There must be more. I also wonder what type of error can be assigned. Maybe fraud will be appropriate.

Edited by Cold Sea

Jedeye
I am missing something.

Maybe fraud will be appropriate.

Who knows?

Jedeye
I am missing something.

Six consecutive blanks somewhere in the middle of a run of 1500 blanks are light on gold content, not weight. And then that's it. You gotta be kidding me. There must be more. I also wonder what type of error can be assigned. Maybe fraud will be appropriate.

Yep, it's puzzled a LOT of people out there. We were convinced this would be the case and have traced a number of them and tested them, to no avail. Extremely odd.

GoldBugger

Hi Jed,

I am interested in those coins. Please PM me. I have sent you 3 PM's but no reply. URGENT!!! Please.

qball

No sales/requests to buy are to be made through the forum...

Little Miss Muffet

What is new in SA???? This country has a bad name concerning many issues and now our prized coins are under scrutiny. Disgusting.

Ron888

Hello,

what is the 2011 1 oz proof Krugerrand worth right now? I have the possibilty to buy two of them at R17500 each.

Kind Regards

Ron

MsPlod
Hello,

what is the 2011 1 oz proof Krugerrand worth right now? I have the possibilty to buy two of them at R17500 each.

Google this - and see what prices they have / are being sold for - have just had a quick look and found better bargains in a few places from verified dealers online and offline.

kyle2

Here is another site which will give you up to the minute gold prices. Gold Price

Jongleur

Surely we should not even consider buying any gold coins minted in 2011 after

the recent scam was brought to light. To be safe we should buy coins minted

in the time period before they lost control at the mint. Who knows when that was?

Even the 2011 crowns, which I would love to buy, simply cannot be trusted.