Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fashion Police

Sellers who copy

4 posts in this topic

I think the most spineless thing another or fellow BoB seller can do is to NOT use their own initiative, but to copy other successful sellers’ ideas.

By this I mean gaining selling ideas by watching (prying) another seller’s stock and then listing the very same items for a little bit less, (and wait here comes the best part) to actually use the other seller’s images and descriptions in their listings as well!?

 

A seller can’t expect to become successful if they are't willing to put their own stamp of identity / personality into their listings...the unwillingness to go the extra mile, and to actually put some real work into it?

Selling on BoB is not just about listing your items (or someone else’s)…and voila! There’s way much more to it…a few things namely “strategizing”, “effort”, “initiative”, “selflessness” etc…

 

But apparently it’s so much easier and more convenient to copy someone else’s stuff and ideas? To me this is a bad reflection on the other seller, it shows me that they’re lazy and not worthy. Little do these type of people know that “success is a ladder you cannot climb with your hands in your pockets”.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fashion Police,

If it is your own picture, you can ask the seller to change theirs. Unfortunately if it is a stock photo from another site or even from Google, they are allowed to use it.

 

Regards

 

Miems

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Miems,

 

Thanks for your advice. 99% of my images are my own, taken with my own camera, edited and personalised.... The other 1% are stock images from other sites that refer back to the manufacturers' sites, which weren't easy to find and have also been edited / personalised (descriptions / measurements added on pics, backgrounds removed etc....)

Depending on the product that you sell, it's not always easy finding the images and/or information on the web. There's still a lot of work/effort and research that goes into it, as I make sure to have all my facts and descriptions before I list an item. Some of my items are easier and quicker to list than others.

Yet this isn't just about copying images and descriptions - it's about the intiative behind it. I've twice seen my OWN personal and personalised images used by other sellers on BoB!

I also see it amongs sellers of arts & crafts / jewelery / beads. If a buyer doesn't pay close attention, they might think that they're buying from the same seller.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Miems,

 

Thanks for your advice. 99% of my images are my own, taken with my own camera, edited and personalised.... The other 1% are stock images from other sites that refer back to the manufacturers' sites, which weren't easy to find and have also been edited / personalised (descriptions / measurements added on pics, backgrounds removed etc....)

Depending on the product that you sell, it's not always easy finding the images and/or information on the web. There's still a lot of work/effort and research that goes into it, as I make sure to have all my facts and descriptions before I list an item. Some of my items are easier and quicker to list than others.

Yet this isn't just about copying images and descriptions - it's about the intiative behind it. I've twice seen my OWN personal and personalised images used by other sellers on BoB!

I also see it amongs sellers of arts & crafts / jewelery / beads. If a buyer doesn't pay close attention, they might think that they're buying from the same seller.

 

I suggest you ask the seller to refrain from using your images! Tell them to use their own intiative, or to pay you for yours LOL

Good luck!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hehe yes, "admin fees" ;o)

I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the new "Similar items" function on BoB

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0