Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChuckyD

## help needed on small selling problem ## help help help !!!!

1 post in this topic

I have three coins currently running on a crazy R1 auction. The auction ends on the 12th of December. I bought the coins overseas and they were shipped via Fedex. Usually I wait for the coins to arrive before I place them on bob for sale. Unfortunately due to time constarints as I am leaving on the 16th December on vacation, I put the coins on auction as soon as I bought them. Delivery date via Fedex was supposed to be on the 6th of December and as Fedex are usually on time I thougt that six days will be more than enough space for any unforseen problems arrising. Unfortunately, now the unforseen has happened and it is a bit more unforseen than expected. The parcel was selectively selected by customs for routine inspections. This according to customs is done on a regular basis for security reasons and to check that items are what it is supposed to be. According to them it may take anything from three days to two weeks for it to be released and I would just have to wait. I had the same problem in May this year when a parcel from Heritage Auctions in America were selected. I eventually after basically hundreds of calls recieved it mid November.

My problem now is that there are quite a few bids and lots of people tracking this items. As I must expect the worse as we all know tomorrow is another day is the motto of the new South Africa, should I rather delete all the bids and delete the auctions till next year. On the one side, I am afraid people will say I am deleting the auction because of low current prices. This is not true as most will know that 90% of bids are made in the last hour of the auction. The other problem is that should I go ahead and finish this auction, then the buyers will only recieve their items mid January and unfortunately all people are not the easiest to deal with and I do not want to get a negative rating as my ratings are of high importance to me. I was so proud when i recieved my "big star" last week.

What do you think I should do???

Please help !!!!

I would suggest phoning BoB & asking their advice.....you may end up getting too many different opinions up here, rather go straight to BoB who can & will tell you what is best to do in this particular situation.