Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seeds for Africa

Some interesting statistics

2 posts in this topic

I would like to share a few statistics from my sales. I sell a few things a month and have collated this info from my sales.

1) When a buyer checks out and they dont select a payment option, there is only a 46% chance that they will actually conclude the sale.

2) When a buyer selects Paypal and they dont pay immediately there is only a 9% chance that they will actually complete the transaction.

3) Of snc's filed only 19% of the buyers actually end up paying.

4) Of buyers who appeal snc's and say they intend to pay only 18% actually do pay eventually.

I would be interested to hear from other sellers if they have the same sort of experiences.

Now that doesn't sound great, Grant, so I admire you for persevering.

Not sure that I have enough sales from which to obtain reliable statistics, but my experiences all round are much much better than yours.

Will be interesting to see what other sellers think.

I don't have much time (or patience) to work out the percentages but that sounds about right, Seeds for Africa. I'm sure if I worked it out I'd come close to those percentages, and let me add that I have an average of 16% SNC's filed and completed for non payment, monthly. Add to that the fact that these are almost all from crazy wednesday and snap friday auctions, we are looking at an average loss of R1200 in fees per month. Not commission charged on sales, but FEES charged for listings that end in no sales because of no payment! And then BoB goes and limits the BLOCK BUYERS feature....