Sign in to follow this  
SA Coins and Medals

Fake shipping costs

SA Coins and Medals

I want to report some sellers that sometimes ask just a little too much for shipping.

Take user Wonderdeal for example.

His shipping costs for the android tablets are as follow:

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]International Express Courier(Shipping time: about 4~8 days)[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R300.00 for the first item

R240.00 each additional item

Insurance is charged at an additional 2.00% of the order value[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Now I personally order tablets from China as well, shipping for 25 tablets costs me $40, which is about R320 in total.

If I ordered with his shipping costs, it would have cost me R6060 for shipping alone.

See the difference.

And then take a look at his ratings.

Buyers pay customs, clearance, etc.

My point is, why are people like that even allowed on bidorbuy?

A few other people with crazy shipping include:

VeNN007

Decor_N_More

caigallery - WORST ONE

Not1CentMore

It takes a lot to 'get my dander up', but when the German / Dutch / Irish get their 'juices' stirred, well... 'it ain't pretty'.

'Inferring' that I over-inflate shipping costs is dang near close to calling me a thief and I do NOT take that lightly!

Shipping costs FROM China to SA are NOT the same as they are FROM the USA to SA and I would be willing to bet they aren't the same as FROM the moon to SA either (sarcasm intended).

You are more than welcome to go to www.usps.com and check costs. Just click on the 'Calculate A Price' tab. Here, let me do it for you. Example: A 12 x 12 x 5 1/2" parcel shipped from postal code 38305 to, for example, 0560 is $58.50USD USPS Global Priority.

I wrap EACH item in foam and bubble wrap and 'fill' with peanuts and/or air packets. More than a few of the items I ship will NOT fit in a 12 x 12 x 5 1/2" box, so that means the added expense of BUYING a container to ship the item in PLUS added costs for postage.

And this does NOT include costs for those shipping materials: foam, bubble wrap, peanuts, air packets, brown paper (US Customs requires non-USPS containers to be wrapped in brown paper and all sides/bottom/seams sealed with brown tape), clear tape and brown tape nor the cost to drive 12-miles ONE WAY to my Post Office. My time? Well, guess that isn't worth a 'plug nickel'.

Bottom Line: (for ANY auction or buy-now listed by ANY Seller): If you don't like the shipping costs, don't bid.

Admin... About now, I am so mad I could spit, but if I have 'over-stepped', please delete this post and accept my apology.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

Decor_N_More

Edited by Not1CentMore

alloway65

I shipped yesterday a package via courier of clothes etc for my Grandchildren in Australia...package size 30cm x 32cm x 15cm, weight 1.326 kg's, cost R1 500.00 ex VAT & Insurance!!!!

moppies
It takes a lot to 'get my dander up', but when the German / Dutch / Irish get their 'juices' stirred, well... 'it ain't pretty'.

'Inferring' that I over-inflate shipping costs is dang near close to calling me a thief and I do NOT take that lightly!

Shipping costs FROM China to SA are NOT the same as they are FROM the USA to SA and I would be willing to bet they aren't the same as FROM the moon to SA either (sarcasm intended).

You are more than welcome to go to www.usps.com and check costs. Just click on the 'Calculate A Price' tab. Here, let me do it for you. Example: A 12 x 12 x 5 1/2" parcel shipped from postal code 38305 to, for example, 0560 is $58.50USD USPS Global Priority.

I wrap EACH item in foam and bubble wrap and 'fill' with peanuts and/or air packets. More than a few of the items I ship will NOT fit in a 12 x 12 x 5 1/2" box, so that means the added expense of BUYING a container to ship the item in PLUS added costs for postage.

And this does NOT include costs for those shipping materials: foam, bubble wrap, peanuts, air packets, brown paper (US Customs requires non-USPS containers to be wrapped in brown paper and all sides/bottom/seams sealed with brown tape), clear tape and brown tape nor the cost to drive 12-miles ONE WAY to my Post Office. My time? Well, guess that isn't worth a 'plug nickel'.

Bottom Line: (for ANY auction or buy-now listed by ANY Seller): If you don't like the shipping costs, don't bid.

Admin... About now, I am so mad I could spit, but if I have 'over-stepped', please delete this post and accept my apology.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

Decor_N_More

SPIT Ruthie - spit as far as you can if it will make you feel better!!!!

Edited by moppies

Seeds for Africa
I want to report some sellers that sometimes ask just a little too much for shipping.

Take user Wonderdeal for example.

His shipping costs for the android tablets are as follow:

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method

[/TD]

[TD]Shipping details

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]International Express Courier(Shipping time: about 4~8 days)

[/TD]

[TD=class: right]R300.00 for the first item

R240.00 each additional item

Insurance is charged at an additional 2.00% of the order value

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Now I personally order tablets from China as well, shipping for 25 tablets costs me $40, which is about R320 in total.

If I ordered with his shipping costs, it would have cost me R6060 for shipping alone.

See the difference.

And then take a look at his ratings.

Buyers pay customs, clearance, etc.

My point is, why are people like that even allowed on bidorbuy?

A few other people with crazy shipping include:

VeNN007

Decor_N_More

caigallery - WORST ONE

Please share with us which courier delivers a parcel of 25 tablets in 4 to 8 days at $40 from China? I would love to know!

daisyjewel

I recently paid $150 for a tiny package from China sent with UPS Couriers. So $40 does sound unbelieveably cheap.

Miss Jewels

Way to go Ruthie!

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

Decor_N_More

Miss Jewels

I sent an Xmas parcel to my son in Italy last December : Approx 3.5kg cost me nearly R3000.00 with UPS. The contents was a variety of snacks, jams, biscuits, etc to the value of R1000.00.

I shipped yesterday a package via courier of clothes etc for my Grandchildren in Australia...package size 30cm x 32cm x 15cm, weight 1.326 kg's, cost R1 500.00 ex VAT & Insurance!!!!

lcolivier72

Over inflated shipping costs

I agree with the original poster that shipping costs are often over inflated. Some sellers list items with a very low starting bid and out of fear that they won't get the price they hoped for, they over-inflate the shipping cost.

This is not in the spirit of auctioning and I think it is highly unethical. At real auction sites you cannot pull a stunt like that. That is just the nature of the game.

These unethical sellers still make their money if the item sells at a low price. I am not against that...but when the bidding runs high and the item sells at a fair price, they still make additional money from an over-inflated shipping cost. I mean how can you charge R350 for shipping an item locally with dumbcor, south african post office?

Instead of using outrageous shipping costs perhaps the sellers should list their items with a higher starting bid. This is whats driving me away from bidorbuy. its easier to buy store bough items where you can physically look at the item before buying, still get it at competitive prices and avoid unethical sellers. BoB has absolutely no control over the situation.

Not1CentMore

"...shipping costs are often over inflated...".

As they say here, "That truck couldn't pull a spoon out of a cat's butt". Or, to put it another way, "That dog don't hunt".

There may be a few (very few) Sellers that try to 'pull the wool over someone's eyes', but if / when there is a questionable shipping charge, and it is brought to BoB's attention, it is 'handled' speedily and professionally.

Example above... could it be the item is imported (dropshipped)? If so, the shipping charge could be more than reasonable.

I recently shipped three parcels USPS Global Priority to SA. One item sold for R1, one for R25 and one for R225. Costs to ship:

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR=class: primary]

[TD=class: emailInfo]USPS 47811202714233019 SPRING CREEK TN

[/TD]

[TD=class: paymentStatusInfo]Completed

[/TD]

[TD=class: detailsNoPrint]Debit Card Signature USPS 47811202714233019 Spring Creek TN

[/TD]

[TD=class: orderStatus small][/TD]

[TD=class: cur_val]-$46.18

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: detailsNoPrint]Debit Card Signature USPS 47811202714233019 Spring Creek TN

[/TD]

[TD=class: cur_val]-$55.42

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: cur_val]-$57.39

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

(Yeppers, some of us are 'making a killing' on shipping.)

Before bidding, if you feel the shipping is nothing short of 'highway robbery'...DON'T BID. It's as simple as that.

If you feel (quote) "its easier to buy store bough items where you can physically look at the item before buying, still get it at competitive prices....", go buy it. No one is 'twisting' anyone's arm to bid / buy any item listed on BoB.

Ruthie

listener2?customerId=paypal&code=www&msgId=0&fmt=1&len=175&msg={listener2?customerId=paypal&code=www&msgId=1&fmt=1&len=183&msg={listener2?customerId=paypal&code=www&msgId=2&fmt=1&len=1146&msg={listener2?customerId=paypal&code=www&msgId=3&fmt=1&len=1129&msg={

Edited by Not1CentMore
Removed PayPal link 'Debit Card Signature'.

qball

Please READ the shipping sections carefully before accusing sellers of inflating charges....

Decor n more is located in the US, and these are the charges from the US.

caigallery is located in China and sends goods via courier - charges are correct.

Venn007 is located in Malaysia and ships from there.

I would also advise you to phone courier companies to get pricing before making accusations - you will be shocked...

wonderdeal is based in Hong Kong and sends via courier and HK Post.

Any seller who is abusing the shipping costs can be reported to us for investigation - communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thread closed as allegations are baseless and damaging to these sellers.