Sign in to follow this  
mike70

Bob sucks!

qball

Hi Dennis

Unfortunately paypal is not widely used or accepted here, due to the fact that you must have an account with a particular bank, as well as the heavy fees paypal charges for their services. We offer a local option called bobPay, which is for locals only unfortunately, as there are also issues with the SA Reserve Bank and foreign exchange regulations which prohibits us from offering a PayPal type service.

As we stated previously, when it comes to the security of the site and credit card payments, we are not flexible and will be rigid in sticking to our procedures, no matter what the amount is. Any merchant can get an auth code, but as we do not see this, due to the payment being processed by a third party credit card provider called iVeri (a Nedbank product), this would mean very little to us. Unfortunately an email from your bank will not suffice in this scenario.

We understand your reservations, your concerns but we cannot be flexible in this regard I'm afraid.

militiamann

Hi Qball

Good to see that you have finaly admit that on the issue of credit card paymenst for BoB bucks your rules are not flexible (they are obviously "inflexible and rigid' as per my earlier posts).

This is important for overseas bidders, and determines how they can bid. We have all agreed that PayPal and BoB bucks are their only alternatives. If PayPal is not offered by a seller (which you admit is common for various reasons) then BoB bucks is the only option. Making BoB buck purchases difficult will affect overseas bids. This was my point in earlier posts.

The lack of detailed information on the BoB website regarding BoB bucks is another issue to me. It states (from memory) that a identification check may be required for BoB bucks. No reference is made to when that kicks in. Or what is required to verify that identity. You actualy sold me some BoB bucks which I partly used. Now, because I have not provided the specific identity proof you request, I cannot buy any more BoB bucks or have my surplus BoB bucks refunded. You effectively say that is my fault and my problem. This is insulting to me !

Lets face it, you have effectively led me on a merry chase and then ripped me off.

Do you still believe that I may be a scammer? Do scammers ask for a refund of BoB bucks back into the credit card? Do scammers get an international bank to verify their identity? Do scammers use forums to get some "justice"?

Regards

Dennis

qball
Hi Qball

Good to see that you have finaly admit that on the issue of credit card paymenst for BoB bucks your rules are not flexible (they are obviously "inflexible and rigid' as per my earlier posts).

This is important for overseas bidders, and determines how they can bid. We have all agreed that PayPal and BoB bucks are their only alternatives. If PayPal is not offered by a seller (which you admit is common for various reasons) then BoB bucks is the only option. Making BoB buck purchases difficult will affect overseas bids. This was my point in earlier posts.

The lack of detailed information on the BoB website regarding BoB bucks is another issue to me. It states (from memory) that a identification check may be required for BoB bucks. No reference is made to when that kicks in. Or what is required to verify that identity. You actualy sold me some BoB bucks which I partly used. Now, because I have not provided the specific identity proof you request, I cannot buy any more BoB bucks or have my surplus BoB bucks refunded. You effectively say that is my fault and my problem. This is insulting to me !

Lets face it, you have effectively led me on a merry chase and then ripped me off.

Do you still believe that I may be a scammer? Do scammers ask for a refund of BoB bucks back into the credit card? Do scammers get an international bank to verify their identity? Do scammers use forums to get some "justice"?

Regards

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, your comments are noted.

militiamann

Hi Qball

The post contained comments AND questions. The questions were not rhetorical.

How about giving a "yes" or "no" answer ? That is what they are asking you to do.

Regards

Dennis

qball

Hi Dennis

All of this has been addressed in previous posts and correspondence.

No one called you a scammer, that is your own interpretation of events, We admitted from the start that we will not be flexible on this issue, no matter what.

Thanks

militiamann

Hi Qball

So the residual BoB bucks I am left with cannot be refunded back into my credit card?

In private correspondence you refuse to sell me any BoB bucks, so that I can make it into an amount that I can use-up on an item in my collecting field. This does not seem fair. This is rippingme off.

Will you sell me a small voucher so as to clear the BoB bucks credit? Or else refund the current blance?

Regards

Dennis

qball

Dennis, we only refused to sell you additional vouchers without the documents being provided, as requested. We cannot provide partial refunds to credit cards, you have a small balance left as a credit, which can be used towards other purchases. Unless we receive the said documentation from you, we will not allow further purchases of vouchers.

militiamann

Hi Qball

Are you saying that I can use the remainingBoB bucks to partialy pay for an item, and use say PayPal to pay for the balance?

Or are you saying I can only buy something to the max value of the BoB bucks I already have? Since I am not allowed to buy even the smallest voucher in order to make up the difference.

Dennis

qball
Hi Qball

Are you saying that I can use the remainingBoB bucks to partialy pay for an item, and use say PayPal to pay for the balance?

Or are you saying I can only buy something to the max value of the BoB bucks I already have? Since I am not allowed to buy even the smallest voucher in order to make up the difference.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Yes, you may, as long as the seller accepts paypal.

Yes, that would also be true, unless you would like to send us the documents as requested.

Kind regards

Colin_P

If it were my choice, I'd give him his money back (even if it meant posting him cash). He's going to keep posting and keeping giving you negative publicity as long as he has credit that he can't spend.

qball

I would love to, but I can't, those are the options available. We don't hide from negative publicity :grin:. He can spend it and always will be able to spend what credit he has available.

Mad about Jack

I haven't been on the forum for awhile, can't believe this has reach page 5 already.

militiamann

Hi Qball

Lets not put a glossy spin on this.

You offer two standard options and only WANT to consider them. As a merchant selleing BoB bucks you have the full facility to do a partial refund - if you want to. There is no reason you cannot physicaly do it, or not accept to do it as a one-off (BoB will not go into bankruptsy). You can indeed do it, but it is your business decision not to. This is your right of course.

It is, however, another example of inflexibility and why this issue fits the thread description.

To spend the BoB bucks credit I will (as you confirm) have to find a seller who takes PayPal, and is OK with a split payment with BoB bucks.Your on-line payment system hints that this is possible but I do not know if it will actualy work (I have never tried it before). Look on the bright side, if your on-line system gets confused then this will provide material for future entries to this thread.

Dennis

qball

We cannot refund a partial payment via credit card, we can only refund the full amount, that is how the credit card gateway works. As a voucher has been issued and redeemed, it cannot be reversed, nor can we refund the balance back to you.

Those are the options you have.

The system will allow you to choose other payment opitons to pay the balance, as long as the seller offers those other options, i.e. paypal.

militiamann

Hi Qball

I will check with my bank regarding partial credit card refund.

I know that PayPal allows sellers to do a partial refund (I have had sellers part refund after payment was made because they discover that actual post cost turned out to be less that that invoiced). PayPal can't be that special or advanced.

The voucher concept/rules is something that you have generated the business rules for. You can just as easily by-pass them.

Dennis

qball

Hi Dennis

We are not paypal, and cannot do a partial refund back to a credit card. They are the world's leading payment service provider and their technology and systems are far more advanced than South Africa.

I have spoken to our Finance team, we will cancel the voucher and issue a refund back to you via paypal. The costs of this will be for your account as paypal charges fees when you receive the funds. Please PM me your paypal account details so I can arrange this. Thanks.

Colin_P
We are not paypal, and cannot do a partial refund back to a credit card. They are the world's leading payment service provider and their technology and systems are far more advanced than South Africa.

Of course, all that advanced technology is not free...

militiamann

Hi

Posted this comment in the forum on computer error messages, but after 3 weeks there was no reply or comment. It is likely that the tread is dead.

Here is what I posted;

Hi

I recently had a problem buying some BoB bucks.

Went through the order web pages with no real problem until I got to the page where I enter my credit card details in order to pay. I filled in all the fields and pressed the submit button. The system came back with an error message something like "incomplete date entered" or some such.

I checked all the fields, they were all filled in.

I re-entered various fields and re-submitted the request. Did various permutations of this 7 times ! It appeared as if the attempts to enter the card's data was being foiled by an error reading that page. Very frustrating.

I discovered that the problem was my bank (in Australia) blocking the transaction. I rang them and had the block lifted. I tried the page again and it worked.

It appears that Bob saw 7 x failed attempts to use a credit card and scrutinised my transaction and identity. Causing me much problems. BoB staff tell me that the amount on the transaction (although not large) was enough to trigger an Identity check request anyway.

So, can you fix the error message on this type of incident to reflect the true cause of the problem?

It will prevent BoB getting irrate E-mails blaming their web page. It will also stop (maybe) customers making many, multiple attempts as they will now know that this is not just a local (front end) appliication having issues, but a bank declining an actual money request.

Regards

Dennis