Sign in to follow this  
mike70

Bob sucks!

mike70

Cheated.

Made my first purchase through BOB.

Paid cash into BOB account using both username and reference number.

One week later and still no payment recieved by seller.

Sent proof of payment to seller and BOB community watch.

Asked seller to lodge a complaint.

No feedback whatsoever from BOB.

Have now given up and written off the money paid in as a loss.

Bastids, i hate you!

MiemsJewels

ouch!!!!

Only a reference number is needed. That is why there is a total F$%%UP!!

kyle2

Sad when Newbies get stung. Wait until you've been here a while, done good, get stung, ask for help to sort it out and Bob finds whatever loophole it can to not assist you. That hurts.

Still waiting Bertus.................. going on 3 weeks now.

lilythepink

BoB did have a hassle with their help desk emails which disappeared from 24/11 - as reported by Cuan here on the forum.

Please don't make your first buying experience on BoB a bad one until you've contacted billing@bidorbuy.co.za and they will sort things out speedily for you and the seller. Good luck and come back as a happy customer.

Edited by lilythepink

Dumdledore
Cheated.

Bastids, i hate you!

Please contact the bidorbuy team and Bertus must be an extremely busy man. Bidorbuy has alot of buyers and sellers asking for advice so please just be patient when you report the problem.

lilythepink

@ "Gabris" - I presume you work for BoB? Your profile says you haven't bought or sold anything so I'm amazed to find you telling someone to have patience and wait for Bertus, etc. But it's good - new buyers need all the help they can get.

voldermort

Am I really in the Twilight Zone :wtf:.......didn't Bertus leave long ago, the new head of security is Bennet.

MiemsJewels
Am I really in the Twilight Zone :wtf:.......didn't Bertus leave long ago, the new head of security is Bennet.

Remember the Time Warp Voldermort? Alles is onderstebo en agterstevoor! We are still living in the past. The future has yet to come!

kyle2

Got and email from Bertus yesterday......just checked, twilight zone indeed..............

voldermort
Remember the Time Warp Voldermort? Alles is onderstebo en agterstevoor! We are still living in the past. The future has yet to come!

Bennet may be quite unhappy to hear this seeing as he has been in his current position for quite awhile now - he probably thought he was riding this wave along with us all :sneaky:

BTW: Jade says to tell you that she lurves your new avatar, very very kewl :blink1:

qball
Sad when Newbies get stung. Wait until you've been here a while, done good, get stung, ask for help to sort it out and Bob finds whatever loophole it can to not assist you. That hurts.

Still waiting Bertus.................. going on 3 weeks now.

Kyle, Bertus did respond and asked you to provide us with a gemological report, to date we have not received this... when the snc was filed you appealed stating the item was not as advertised. We need proof of this. The SNC has been restricted. We won't be processing a Verified User Claim as no evidence has been presented to us, and you have received a refund of R1720.

lilythepink

Yes, Miems' has been resurrected as Marilyn Monroe so she can blame things on being blonde. A very astute move, Miems!

voldermort
Got and email from Bertus yesterday......just checked, twilight zone indeed..............

LOL phone BoB and ask to speak to Bertus............:sneaky:

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Yes, Miems' has been resurrected as Marilyn Monroe so she can blame things on being blonde. A very astute move, Miems!

You mean thats not really MIEMS?I was almost on my way to KRIEL:toung:

neil

qball
Cheated.

Bastids, i hate you!

Dear Mike

Please allow us the opportunity to investigate first before calling us bastards. Your money is not lost and the seller is reputable. Let us get to the bottom of this first... I think that's only fair :smile:

All mails since the 24th of November have been lost, we are busy working through thousands of mails to try get back up to speed - an alert to this effect was added to our Help page on Saturday, when the database corruption happened.

I will provide feedback as soon as we can get clarity on what happened.

Thank you for your understanding and patience in this regard. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

qball

Folks, let's all stick to the topic...

selabi

I must say i to am disappointed in BOB handling of complaints from Buyers who dont get what they paid for Shane Harty is also one who doesnt send but is now selling again like nothing happend he didnt even answer mails but i know BOB will blame me some how so what the point in complaning

Dumdledore

I would love at times to see how people shall fare managing a business such as Bidorbuy at the rate they throw their toys out of the cot.

RAG Auctioneers

The Bidorbuy staff handle flying toys very well.

Must be their first training session - a game of dodge ball.

qball

Mike, from what I can see you only emailed us on the 2nd December - we normally take up to 2 working days to respond to emails due to the volume of email we receive, currently we are a little behind due to the database crash we had on the weekend, I can only apologise for this. However, I have had a look at the POP, and it appears to be correct, however, when we received the payment no reference was attached, which tells us the teller who handled the payment did not include the reference. As a result, we cannot allocate it without a valid or correct reference, we do not know who the money belongs to or for which order it relates to and is put into a suspense account until we can trace it. Now that we have been able to investigate it, we can allocate the funds and it will be allocated to the order shortly.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Miss Jewels

The core is good communication. The helpline number is 0861 88 0861 and I have only found the staff to be highly helpful, even when we as sellers are sometimes a pain with our queries (I am referring to myself here). If you are not getting any joy with your emails please contact them as mails are sometimes lost due to virus, etc. I can assure you you will be very happy with their assistance.

I am also sure that they will take the necessary action again Shane Harty should they deem is necessary.

I must say i to am disappointed in BOB handling of complaints from Buyers who dont get what they paid for Shane Harty is also one who doesnt send but is now selling again like nothing happend he didnt even answer mails but i know BOB will blame me some how so what the point in complaning

kyle2
Kyle, Bertus did respond and asked you to provide us with a gemological report, to date we have not received this... when the snc was filed you appealed stating the item was not as advertised. We need proof of this. The SNC has been restricted. We won't be processing a Verified User Claim as no evidence has been presented to us, and you have received a refund of R1720.

The item was returned within a day as per sellers instruction, where was I supposed to get a gemology report done in that time. The seller has since advertised and sold the same item as SI 1 to I3 which is not what he sold them to me as. He sold them to me as SI1 to SI3. this change is in itself an admission that they advertised it incorrectly in the first place, hence my complaint and subsequent request for help from you guys. They said they made a FULL REFUND in their SNC report, I am still out of pocket R500 which is probably not much money for most but it is to me. I have had no correspondance from the seller explaining why there is a short fall of R500. I paid shipping both ways for an item that was NOT AS DESCRIBED any fool can see if a diamond has clearly visable inclusions, they looked like dark clouds inside the stones. If the stones were as advertised I would need a loupe to see any inclusions. Now you guys are trying to find ways out of me claiming from the buyer protection program. What is it for if not to assist buyers?

Come on guys, do the right thing here.

PS. I did not want to post this here before hearing from you guys again, but you forced my hand.

Edited by kyle2

qball

Not sure why we would blame you? I will look into this for you.

qball
The item was returned within a day as per sellers instruction, where was I supposed to get a gemology report done in that time. The seller has since advertised and sold the same item as SI 1 to I3 which is not what he sold them to me as. He sold them to me as SI1 to SI3. this change is in itself an admission that they advertised it incorrectly in the first place, hence my complaint and subsequent request for help from you guys. They said they made a FULL REFUND in their SNC report, I am still out of pocket R500 which is probably not much money for most but it is to me. I have had no correspondance from the seller explaining why there is a short fall of R500. I paid shipping both ways for an item that was NOT AS DESCRIBED any fool can see if a diamond has clearly visable inclusions, they looked like dark clouds inside the stones. If the stones were as advertised I would need a loupe to see any inclusions. Now you guys are trying to find ways out of me claiming from the buyer protection program. What is it for if not to assist buyers?

Come on guys, do the right thing here.

Sorry Kyle, it doesn't work that way, we need proof, not what you think or what someone says, you know this as a long time forum reader. This would not be covered by the BPP because no proof was ever supplied nor has any misrepresentation been proven. We have spoken to the seller and he will be refunding a further amount to you. The short fall is stipulated on his listings - 20% restocking fee which is included in the listing page. That is why the full amount was not refunded.

Edited by qball

Jongleur

Bob does not suck at all.

Allow me to relate what happened to me on Saturday.

I was away from home so I asked my wife to make a payment for me.

While she was jabbering away on the phone to me she was putting the data in for

the EFT transfer to BOB. She asked me, in that "by the way" fashion peculiar to women, what I

was buying. My reply was "Scott' as in "Scott`s nothing to do with you". It is a versatile

phrase which can be adapted as in "Scott`s F#&* all to do with you" etc. etc.

I thought this was somewhat novel as an answer to her (especially since I was out of her reach).

When I had finished laughing she said "done".

So help me if she did`nt put 'Scott" as the reference and enter "pay".

Retribution was that swift!

Candice & Co - thank you for your help and laughter.