Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Veterinarians Vaccine Guideline - Using Homeopathic Nosodes

DestinysAngels

ARE ANNUAL VACCINATIONS NECESSARY?

ARE VACCINATIONS POTENTIALLY HARMFUL?

Homeopathic veterinarians and other holistic practitioners have maintained for some time that vaccinations do more harm than they provide benefits!

Vaccinations represent a major assault on the body's immune system!

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/petvaccchambreau.htm#.Ttz4p28C4_w.facebook

lilythepink

This is a most interesting subject, DA, and well worth great discussion. Many mothers believe, too, that inoculations/vaccinations are harmful to their children too.

When one of our sons was in Std 9 (now Grade 11) at school, he was given - with our permission - a booster vaccination against TB at the school. Six weeks later he was lying desperately ill in hospital with thrombocytopaenia (low red blood platelet count). It was only with the help of Guys Hospital in London, UK, that it was eventually discovered that the vaccination was the cause. It had sent his immune system totally haywire. Fortunately, after a couple of years of treatment he recovered fully. Not all children are so lucky.

Edited by lilythepink

DestinysAngels

:idea:It certainly is, please feel free to add comments, i would love to hear everyone's view on this matter, enjoy!

booksallsizes

I can't speak from experience from dogs or cats but I believe annual vaccinations for African Horsesickness is absolutely vital. It's such a horrible disease to see a horse/pony/donkey suffer from (even vaccinated animals can be affected as there are so many strains mutating annually) that one should just do one's utmost to prevent it. We have horrific outbreaks here but they have become a bit more controlled by regular vaccination programs. The Thoroughbred industry has very strict controls due to exportation - it would be absolutely terrible to see this sickness spread to other parts of the world - and it has made a difference in the instances of outbreaks and the control of spread with the help of Onderstepoort.

At one stage Horse 'Flu was under such control that we thought we had eradicated it in this country. So everyone stopped vaccinating. Some 10 years later we had a terrible outbreak and this spread to the racing industry in Australia to disastrous effect - their horses had NO immunity at all and were severely affected. It was awful...

Vaccination isn't foolproof - but it can help for certain diseases. While I cannot agree with vaccinating for every little thing (we need to build our own immunity to some things), there should be some measure of control of deadly outbreaks of nasty things. And I do agree, though, that we over-vaccinate. If a certain strain of something is not mutating and new strains do not pop up - surely a few years of vaccinating for that should be enough? Why annually, why can't older vaccinated animals be exempt?

Just my thoughts on the matter ... :thinking:

Cali Craft and Gems

Touch wood - Phoebe (cat) has not had one single vaccination - ever!

When we adopted her from the Animal Welfare in April 2011, they did not want to give her the first round of injections as she "most likely has sniffles so won't last long anyway"! I took her home regardless! The next day the sniffles had broken completely and she was practically on deaths' doorstep, but with a lot of love, perseverance, and Vicks (vapours only) she eventually got better.

I took her to be sterlised at my own expense as the welfare had written her off as dead due to the illness. To date she has not had any vaccinations / innoculations and besides being a little on the mental side, she is fine.

My only concern however is that I know when relocating to certain provinces within SA there are some veterinary requirements for certain animals - does anyone know offhand if there is anything applicable for a move from the Eastern Cape to Western Cape? Thx.

booksallsizes

Cali, as far as I know there aren't any regulations for dogs and cats from EC to WC. I know that dogs and cats need rabies shots when moving into KZN as rabies seems to be a big problem there.

I know, though, that some of these hot, dry dusty places have outbreaks of rabies (meercats seem to be the culprit here) - I found out from the vets here about what problems occur in the area so maybe when you move it may be an idea to consult a vet in O/hoorn once you move.

MrAerospace

Rabies shots are an absolute must when relocating dogs and cats to the Eastern Cape, particularly those who are taking running in the veld around Grahamstown area. If you've ever seen an animal suffering from rabies (I have indeed) then one wouldn't hesitate to make sure that these vaccinations are up to date.

However, that said, I have often wondered if older dogs and cats (say those who are 8 or 9 years or older and have been vaccinated every year until then) actually need further inoculations. In the good old days when we were first married, our first pet was an alley cat named "Honey" (only because we got her on honeymoon, her nature was more like vinegar but we loved her dearly). She was about 3 when she got a hearty dose of cat flu (snuffles) and was terribly, terribly sick having never been inoculated but with much caring we got her back to normality and she lived to the grand old age of 16 years. When we took her to the vet because we saw she was getting sick, the vet told us that we would never need to inoculate her against cat flu as she'd built up her own antibodies, and so we never did.

I find this subject most interesting indeed and wish more folks would post their experiences here.

DestinysAngels

:nuts:Wow, i would have thought by now all animal lovers would have come in and join this topic, i am inviting everyone to say their say, i would really love to know your views on this topic and thank you to the members who already started to climb in - come on, i know there is more of you out there!