Sign in to follow this  
DIY PRODUCTS

Do I have room to complain, and how?

DIY PRODUCTS

I have been buying and reselling goods for a month or 2 now and most of my items are sourced from sellers here on Bid or Buy as there is a higher possibility of getting goods cheap enough to resell for a bit extra, I have run into more than my fair share of issues with sellers and goods etc. all I have just simply 'written off' I am also always carefull to note the 'Posted from overseas' items that are almost never a bargain after added costs and I always ask questions to make sure.

Whilst listing my stuff on Bid or Buy for Wednesday snap auction promotion I was going through my purchases to see what I haven't yet received and to follow up on.

I came accross my purchase that I had yet to receive.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/49349685/_R2100_00_VALUE_WHOLESALE_14_X_STUNNING_DRESS_RINGS_FOR_RESALE.html

I remember asking the question, after receiving the answer I did my calculations regarding the cost and placed my bid.

I am not sure why but I am SO VERY urked at finding that I forked out R 185 for Express shipping via DHL, when my parcel was infact shipped Standard Snail Mail Post Office with a Green PE Tracer sticker, in a padded envelope. MAXIMUM that this seller managed to spend on my express shipping via DHL was no more than R 27.

I am not demanding all sellers to ship at cost or not cover any unforseen costs etc. but this is in my opinion an outright lie.

What recourse do I have other than just 'writing it off'? I really don't want to make waves or issues but this seems just a bit too much for me. These lessons are costing me a fortune and I only started doing this because I really NEED the extra money.:cry:

Maybe I just needed to rant a bit. All done now though.

mrmouse

Just smile and wave , smile and wave .the wheel turns and turns and turns , youre day will come and you will look back and smile .its what makes you smile in the morning that matters , not someone ripping you off .

Dumdledore

What wonderful advice mr mouse! You approach the bidorbuy team they shall assist you sorting this out!

qball
I have been buying and reselling goods for a month or 2 now and most of my items are sourced from sellers here on Bid or Buy as there is a higher possibility of getting goods cheap enough to resell for a bit extra, I have run into more than my fair share of issues with sellers and goods etc. all I have just simply 'written off' I am also always carefull to note the 'Posted from overseas' items that are almost never a bargain after added costs and I always ask questions to make sure.

Whilst listing my stuff on Bid or Buy for Wednesday snap auction promotion I was going through my purchases to see what I haven't yet received and to follow up on.

I came accross my purchase that I had yet to receive.

Other Rings - **R2100.00** VALUE WHOLESALE 14 X STUNNING DRESS RINGS FOR RESALE!! was sold for R101.00 on 2 Nov at 17:01 by GlamourJewelz in Pietermaritzburg (ID:49349685)

I remember asking the question, after receiving the answer I did my calculations regarding the cost and placed my bid.

I am not sure why but I am SO VERY urked at finding that I forked out R 185 for Express shipping via DHL, when my parcel was infact shipped Standard Snail Mail Post Office with a Green PE Tracer sticker, in a padded envelope. MAXIMUM that this seller managed to spend on my express shipping via DHL was no more than R 27.

I am not demanding all sellers to ship at cost or not cover any unforseen costs etc. but this is in my opinion an outright lie.

What recourse do I have other than just 'writing it off'? I really don't want to make waves or issues but this seems just a bit too much for me. These lessons are costing me a fortune and I only started doing this because I really NEED the extra money.:cry:

Maybe I just needed to rant a bit. All done now though.

Please forward the complaint through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za with all the order details and documentation confirming the postage amount.

Thank you

Asha Craft Jewellery

The seller clearly states: "Guaranteed FEDEX delivery." so you SHOULD have received to DOOR courier delivery and not delivery to the postoffice, let alone with ordinary mail. She obviously made a loss on the sale by selling 14 rings for R101..... (that's not even close to cost)

MsPlod

What is more... The shipping combining fees are unbelievable AND the insurance is 5%!! No no no!

[TABLE=class: item_shipping_table]

[TR]

[TD]Shipping method

Express Shipping[/TD]

[TD] Shipping details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: right] R185.00 for the first item

R100.00 each additional item

Free shipping for orders of R10,000.00 or more

Insurance is charged at an additional 5.00% of the order value[/TD]