Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ziggy2000

Unclaimed Parcels?

2 posts in this topic

I have quite a few unclaimed parcels here that were either returned to me as uncollected at the post offices or items that remain at my premises uncollected. I have e-mailed the owners numerous times, some of the items go back 2 years. The latest one is an expensive cutlery set returned as uncollected at the PO, the buyer is still active on BoB, yet does not contact me as to what I should do with it. I have given them all deadlines to contact me, these dates have come and gone, yet I cannot get myself to re-sell these items. What do other people do in the same situation?

I re-sell the items after a few months and a few warnings (just keep proof) and if the owner does eventually come wanting them just refund them. I know in accounting/legal if a customer overpays and they dont call for the money after 3 years it becomes prescribed and may be written off in full, don't know if this also applys to uncollected goods.

Just keep proof of notifications and PO waybills.

After 3 months, Re-sell to recover costs. You are not a storage facility.:thinking: