Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Unclaimed Parcels?

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

I have quite a few unclaimed parcels here that were either returned to me as uncollected at the post offices or items that remain at my premises uncollected. I have e-mailed the owners numerous times, some of the items go back 2 years. The latest one is an expensive cutlery set returned as uncollected at the PO, the buyer is still active on BoB, yet does not contact me as to what I should do with it. I have given them all deadlines to contact me, these dates have come and gone, yet I cannot get myself to re-sell these items. What do other people do in the same situation?

brad112    10
brad112

I re-sell the items after a few months and a few warnings (just keep proof) and if the owner does eventually come wanting them just refund them. I know in accounting/legal if a customer overpays and they dont call for the money after 3 years it becomes prescribed and may be written off in full, don't know if this also applys to uncollected goods.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Just keep proof of notifications and PO waybills.

After 3 months, Re-sell to recover costs. You are not a storage facility.:thinking: